Exhaust Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exhaust Help!

I'm thinking about changing my exhaust up a bit to get a nice deep sound but nothing that sounds like a ricer. I was thinking of a mid muffler delete with straight pipes replacing it or a mid muffler/resonator delete with magnaflow installed. Could y'all help me decide?
Old 02-18-2017, 10:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Do it. I did everything you mentioned except with a Dynomax resonator. Sounds good to me. Search the forums and you will find plenty of info about this, as this topic has been discussed many times. You may get a few responses like this
Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
my car has the 3rd cat, mid muffler and resonator all deleted so its all just pipe other than the precats and the rear mufflers.. it sounds great and has a deep rumble especially at idle. im considering adding a small resonator though because while driving it does drone a little bit, i like the throaty sound it has (similar to g35) but i think if it was just a touch quieter id like it more
Old 02-20-2017, 07:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM96specCTR
my car has the 3rd cat, mid muffler and resonator all deleted so its all just pipe other than the precats and the rear mufflers.. it sounds great and has a deep rumble especially at idle. im considering adding a small resonator though because while driving it does drone a little bit, i like the throaty sound it has (similar to g35) but i think if it was just a touch quieter id like it more
I was thinking of doing this too. Might just do a stage 3
Old 11-04-2019, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get XLR8 if your budget is around $1000 if not, get TSUDO