DC Sports CAI - New?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
should be fine , the cone gets a pretty good seal around it. If you can bend it back easily i would. but wouldnt sweat it if i couldnt
Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I just finished installing my DC Intake and in the process, removed my foglights (going to do the projector retrofit). I'll probably have the fogs out for a couple of months and noticed that the opening leads directly to the filter on the CAI.

Do you guys think this might be a problem?

I'm also getting a wheeze/fart/cough when turning the engine off. Is this normal? Forgive me if this has been discussed before. I'm a bit tired to try and refine a search.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Racer

When you turn the car off its basically the small pressure, that the engine creates, basically letting go.. so you could say it queefs lol, its fine.. Also i believe someone in this thread was having issues with there fog light wires getting in the way. Not to sure what they did though. Maybe where you mount the CAI tube to the frame you might be able to push it back some, and tighten it to make clearance.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Drewman752
When you turn the car off its basically the small pressure, that the engine creates, basically letting go.. so you could say it queefs lol, its fine.. Also i believe someone in this thread was having issues with there fog light wires getting in the way. Not to sure what they did though. Maybe where you mount the CAI tube to the frame you might be able to push it back some, and tighten it to make clearance.
I do plan on putting an HID kit in my fog so clearance may be an issue. I was worried about the filter being exposed without anything in front.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Racer

It will be fine, aslong as you stay away from submerging the filter in water...

I also plan on getting a HID kit once i install my fogs, so im sure ill have to figure out the clearance issue also.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
so are these still on backorder or no?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Racer

Sounds like it with the previous posts.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterShake
I do plan on putting an HID kit in my fog so clearance may be an issue. I was worried about the filter being exposed without anything in front.

Running HID fogs is going to be an issue as I posted a pic earlier in the thread of mine the filter pushes up against the bulb pretty hard. I tried mounting the vibration mount in one of the holes farther back but that didn't work.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM
keep it clean

Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
For all of you Cali TL owners who are concerned about being CARB legal.

Not sure if this was added to the thread, it's been a few days since I've checked this one. But, I contacted DC about their CAI and the rep told me that CARB is pending approval. They should know by late July of this year.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I heard they were "shipping it out tomorrow" but provided no tracking information or anything. That was last week, and still no intake. I emailed them for a fourth time tonight, this time requesting a tracking number. Knowing my luck this will come missing a filter or something stupid.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MidwestDSM
Last I heard they were "shipping it out tomorrow" but provided no tracking information or anything. That was last week, and still no intake. I emailed them for a fourth time tonight, this time requesting a tracking number. Knowing my luck this will come missing a filter or something stupid.
When I ordered mine I had to request for a Tracking, sometimes it took 3 - 4 days for a response. But i wouldnt be to worried about Ultrarev, I was at first because i dropped $900 on the Greddy exhaust they said was in stock. Well they took the money out of my account, and then got a e-mail from fedex saying there was no such item anymore. I got freaked out, but after 2 e-mails they refunded the money and such. I just dont think they have that many people that work there lol.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 PM
10th Gear

I got a tracking number from them tonight, and my intake has been sitting at FEDEX in Cali (I'm in Illinois) since the 10th. Yay.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MidwestDSM
I got a tracking number from them tonight, and my intake has been sitting at FEDEX in Cali (I'm in Illinois) since the 10th. Yay.
They also told me they are shipping it out tomorrow. Hopefully I finally get it.... they were willing to refund my money a couple of weeks ago but I told them to hold on for a little. Lets hope I get it soon...
Old 06-25-2011, 02:02 PM
10th Gear

Got mine, but havent had time to install yet. Thinking about putting on an Injen Hydroshield - thoughts?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
06 ThugLuv

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
too much bickering in this post...any one can get what ever they want for their car..different strokes for different folks...

Ima say not all CIAs are created equal. I wish i could see all of them in person. Id give credit to the intake that has the best design with the smoothes angels. aggressive angles = more friction = more heat = bad juujuu. they cant be all the same. And this may even get into the point where you can barley see the difference in shape...

but also the AEM V2 has a patented theory behind their "just a tube"....K&N CAI can be converted in to a short ram intake, if your into that..K&N IMO have the best filters...it could be marketing or not, but k&N is the biggest name in the off-road house. And in off roading you put your intake through the elements hard core like. K&N is tried and true by me. dirt bike, quads, sand cars, trucks….

I know most of us arnt tracking our rides or going to space in our TL's so yeah you deff don't need to over think it, but that would take out the fun for me researching and thinking about my car on the all day.

pants cover your ass who cares what brand your wear right?? i guess there's another reason to take a lil time to think about what brand to put on your car…

I may be crazy but im getting the AEM V2..and eventually ima get a K&N filter on it…

peace be the journey!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Update: i was one the first that purchased this intake and finally got around to installing it the other day. I'm satisfied with the build quality and performance/sound.

By the way, feel free to give me "thanks" feedback on the forums since many of you purchased the intake after my initial post. ;-)
Old 07-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Balling in the...

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Project X
Update: i was one the first that purchased this intake and finally got around to installing it the other day. I'm satisfied with the build quality and performance/sound.

By the way, feel free to give me "thanks" feedback on the forums since many of you purchased the intake after my initial post. ;-)
Ill Give you thanks if you Post Pictures and Video
Old 07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
I'd say the difference between good CAIs and cheap CAIs is how weak the weld is on the lower mount point. I'd be curious to see how long it holds up to the vibration. Not saying DC is bad just that a tube is a tube and that's about the only thing that is variable.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by MattB07TL
Ordered! $121 with free shipping.. Cant get any better then that

http://www.ultrarev.com/cai5529.html
How are you getting this for 121 shipped? Is there a coupon?
Old 08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, so I just got done attempting to install this DC CAI on my 08 type S. It was a total mission, and when I was done installing it, I realized that it DEFINITELY has bumper fitment issues.

The filter sits slightly too close to the bumper for proper fitment and its preventing me from putting back on my bumper. were talking a quarter to half an inch here. Not sure what I am going to do yet, suggestions are welcome, but I am just saying that this CAI does not fit the TL type S very well despite what all the people in this thread are saying.

Does anyone know if a K&N filter will fit onto this tube and if its smaller for better bumper fitment?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Racer

have you tried mounting it to a different spot? i know i relocated the grounds to a more forward spot, then mounted the rubber and shit to where those grounds where...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Advanced

can you be a little more specific? I dont see how that can be done without professional help, which I am trying to avoid.

No one else has had bumper fitment issues with this CAI?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Just order mine from XL8R but now I have to wait like 3-4 weeks because they are on back order
Old 08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
BRB..Shifting!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by type-s'er
can you be a little more specific? I dont see how that can be done without professional help, which I am trying to avoid.

No one else has had bumper fitment issues with this CAI?
I just installed mine today and no I don't have bumper fitment but I have a 04 base.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Only people that are having bumper issue are the people that have foglights. I had trouble putting on my bumper back but I managed to make it fit
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
BRB..Shifting!

Just to double check when you guys installed the DC intake, the filter doesn't totally fit over the piping with with coupler right? Like you still see the how the intake pipping goes form normal to a lil bit bigger, there's still an extra like 3/4 inch of the big part. If that makes any sense.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VieTLover
Just to double check when you guys installed the DC intake, the filter doesn't totally fit over the piping with with coupler right? Like you still see the how the intake pipping goes form normal to a lil bit bigger, there's still an extra like 3/4 inch of the big part. If that makes any sense.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I think (hope) that it is normal. Here's mine:

Old 08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
BRB..Shifting!

yeah mines about the same as yours. I dont understand the hoses part how do I take out the stock stuff? I took out the hoses but the line is like attached with another line.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Advanced

Ok, so i got mine to fit on my type s, i had to end up bending the filter slightly away from the bumper, but not too much. Its a pretty snug fit, and other than the fitment issue, which I overcame, I am pleased with this CAI.

And yes mine looks exactly like the pics above. The coupler does not go all the way to the top of the larger part of the pipe.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Just ordered for 126$ from ultrarev.com. Expecting 10 days until arrival, excited for install!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 PM
5th Gear

That sounds like a sweet deal
Old 08-18-2011, 01:35 AM
BRB..Shifting!

Originally Posted by nrb2005tl
Just ordered for 126$ from ultrarev.com. Expecting 10 days until arrival, excited for install!!!
nice mine came in a week and a day after I ordered it.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I just installed the intake and when I started my car a yellow warning thing came up on my gauge. Is this normal? Also it sounds like a whistling noise when I step on the gas is this normal too? I listened to the sound clip and I didn't hear any noise like that.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 PM
BRB..Shifting!

Originally Posted by beaver88
So I just installed the intake and when I started my car a yellow warning thing came up on my gauge. Is this normal? Also it sounds like a whistling noise when I step on the gas is this normal too? I listened to the sound clip and I didn't hear any noise like that.
That yellow warning thing is your check engine light, mine came up as well after the installation but after driving it around for 30mins it went away on its on. And as for the whistling noise that's normal I get it too sometimes when I step on the gas. Just tell people that it's your blow off valve.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Instructor

Its been 8 days since I ordered it using Google Checkout. Supposedly, ultrarev recieved my order (Tuesday August 16th), and still haven't shipped it. Their customer support is absolutely terrible... I've sent them multiple E-mails, and phone calls in the last couple of days and havent gotten any responses.

Has anybody else had a similar problem with ordering from Ultrarev.com?? I'm becoming very frustrated with my 126$ floating around somewhere, with no sense of direction... I've read through the entire thread, but need a more personalized responses from buyers.

thanks in advance

-Nick
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
That's why you buy from vendors here. I can see that they have poor customer service. If they say they're back order, refund your money. Don't need to wait on something that won't come in later when you could got your intake through another dealer.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Racer

Its been 8 days since I ordered it using Google Checkout. Supposedly, ultrarev recieved my order (Tuesday August 16th), and still haven't shipped it. Their customer support is absolutely terrible... I've sent them multiple E-mails, and phone calls in the last couple of days and havent gotten any responses.

Has anybody else had a similar problem with ordering from Ultrarev.com?? I'm becoming very frustrated with my 126$ floating around somewhere, with no sense of direction... I've read through the entire thread, but need a more personalized responses from buyers.

thanks in advance

-Nick
It is a 1 man show he is running, Very busy guy, you will get a e-mail back trust me. You will also get ur product if you just have patients. I bought all my stuff while in Afghanistan so i didn't have to wait, it was all waiting on me. But i contacted by email waited awhile, and asked for shipping info so. I was scared at first also hahaa.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bouncer07
If they say they're back order, refund your money. Don't need to wait on something that won't come in later when you could got your intake through another dealer.
HE is on back order, and predicted I'll get it by mid September. However DC sports CAI is the only intake I can afford, plus no other vendor sells it for 126$ Shipped (as far as i know).

Old 09-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Instructor

update:

It's been 34 days (august 16th to september 20th) and I still haven't received the intake. I'm extremely disappointed with the customer service Ultrarev has to offer, will not be ordering from them (him) again.

First of all, my DC Sports CAI #5529 was on back order for a week and a half directly after my purchase. By September I was told by Ultrarev that I would have my intake by early September. Didn't happen.

Called Ultrarev on September 4th, and received word that the intake finally was in stock, because the guy working for him was on vacation for so long (so he was unable to order the intake) [some BS like that] So, Ultrarev tells me I would have the intake later during the week. Didn't happen

Then, I FINALLY received a tracking # from Ultrarev for the purchase (Fedex) on September 12th. On September 14th, I refreshed my Fedex tracking # website, and found that the destination was across the nation, in New Jersey. My city was correct, (will not name for obvious reasons), but the state was New Jersey. So I contacted Fedex and told the nice lady that they had been sending it to the wrong state!! Turns out the shipping address label was unreadable by Fedex. Great job Ultrarev, way to be legible. So now my intake is somewhere in New Jersey, and Fedex has not update the tracking location (based on the estimated update date). I obviously contacted Ultrarev, keeping my cool, and said "hello, my intake is being sent to New Jersey, I live in California. I hope this was an honest mistake, thank you"......Then James from Ultrarev responds: "I contacted the warehouse to have this package redirected to you." Great, another week I have to wait.

Honestly how difficult can it be? I'm so fed up with this, and my birthday's in 3 days. It would be such a blessing to have it before then, but I'm sure something else will go wrong as it always does with this mediocre company.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM
BRB..Shifting!

update:

It's been 34 days (august 16th to september 20th) and I still haven't received the intake. I'm extremely disappointed with the customer service Ultrarev has to offer, will not be ordering from them (him) again.

First of all, my DC Sports CAI #5529 was on back order for a week and a half directly after my purchase. By September I was told by Ultrarev that I would have my intake by early September. Didn't happen.

Called Ultrarev on September 4th, and received word that the intake finally was in stock, because the guy working for him was on vacation for so long (so he was unable to order the intake) [some BS like that] So, Ultrarev tells me I would have the intake later during the week. Didn't happen

Then, I FINALLY received a tracking # from Ultrarev for the purchase (Fedex) on September 12th. On September 14th, I refreshed my Fedex tracking # website, and found that the destination was across the nation, in New Jersey. My city was correct, (will not name for obvious reasons), but the state was New Jersey. So I contacted Fedex and told the nice lady that they had been sending it to the wrong state!! Turns out the shipping address label was unreadable by Fedex. Great job Ultrarev, way to be legible. So now my intake is somewhere in New Jersey, and Fedex has not update the tracking location (based on the estimated update date). I obviously contacted Ultrarev, keeping my cool, and said "hello, my intake is being sent to New Jersey, I live in California. I hope this was an honest mistake, thank you"......Then James from Ultrarev responds: "I contacted the warehouse to have this package redirected to you." Great, another week I have to wait.

Honestly how difficult can it be? I'm so fed up with this, and my birthday's in 3 days. It would be such a blessing to have it before then, but I'm sure something else will go wrong as it always does with this mediocre company.
Wow I can't believe you still didn't get your intake yet. I received my a week a day after I made the order. I hope you get it soon, you will be ecstatic when you see it come and everything will be right again! Just like when I had to deal with Hoen for my foglights..took a month to return them and receive new ones because they thought they already shipped it to me -_- but once I received it, it was worth all the trouble!

Quick Reply: DC Sports CAI - New?