CROSS DRILLED and SLOTTED ROTORS

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CROSS DRILLED and SLOTTED ROTORS

I just purchase cross drilled and slotted rotors for my TL from POWER STOP. Their an awesome company and I had their CROSS DRILLED rotors on my accord when I had 53 pound rim and tires on all 4 corners, they were great. The thing is I have never had cross drilled AND slotted...anyone have these on their TL'S?

I bought my tl at a dealership and it needed brakes so the dealer said they would put new ones on. They did, and they warped 3 days later, obviously cheap ass rotors. They agreed to pay 70 percent of the rotors and pads so I bought these.

WWW.POWERSTOP.COM
Old 05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,015 Likes on 1,434 Posts
Rotors look pretty decent from the photos, you might want to invest in some caliper paint and paint the hubs black so your rims don't rust to them. As well you might want to do you calipers at the same time.

Just FYI, from what I can gather on the site, these rotors were cross drilled literally where they took a drill and made the holes rather than casting them with the holes in there already...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

so what are you saying their shitty rotors? it says on the site that they cast them.....the only thing I really wondered is if cross drilled and slotted are better than just cross drilled? i know their product is good, I have had them on my accord like I said where each rim and tire weighed $53 pounds each...
Old 05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Burning Brakes

are they good though?

no one really replied to this?
so are these good brakes being that their both slotted and drilled? powerstop.com?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by davewhodavedunn
so what are you saying their shitty rotors? it says on the site that they cast them.....the only thing I really wondered is if cross drilled and slotted are better than just cross drilled? i know their product is good, I have had them on my accord like I said where each rim and tire weighed $53 pounds each...
No their not shitty rotors. But their not going to be super rotors either. Their going to be similar to stock, maybe a tad bit better but I highly doubt you will be able to tell a difference. Invest into a set of better (and the right) brake pads, and you will be very happy with the results. Also, flush your fluid with something that has a higher boiling point.