Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:18 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sad day for honda/acura
Old 02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still in aww... i like CT because of quaility..even though though the only part i own is the RSB i liked their other stuff...just couldn't afford it right now.lol....maybe their under reconstruction and gonna open back up
Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Racer

Damn, that sucks I need to order a replacement belt, just in case
Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
wow, didnt see this coming..
Old 02-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, this thread has 90 people viewing it!

Well, now maybe we will have more support for either the greddy, or a quad exhaust cat-back!

BTW, maybe we can have acurazine group buy on some superchargers, if there are any left overs? =)
Old 02-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Need More HP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Nate@Comptech
Not our style. Comptech will take care with each and every order. Please refrain from demoralizing us while we're down.

-Nate
It is nice to hear that you are still keeping your ear to the ground Nate. So, can you give us an inside how to get a hold of a few extra hoses and service kits for our S/C'd TL's? Many of us have had no such luck ordering since the breaking news.

In regards to my last post, I hope to see our fellow members treated appropriately with orders placed (if that is still possible) for your product(s).
Many companies in this situation hold no loyalty to their paid orders as they no longer are priority. Creditors now become their main responsibility.

All of us hope for continued support from Comptech going forward.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
Why Comptech? Why couldn't it be like Skunk2 or something?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
I just installed an Icebox intake on an AZ member's TSX 2 days ago. I will be severely bummed if I can't get another one when/if I ever get another TSX!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Nate@Comptech
Not our style. Comptech will take care with each and every order. Please refrain from demoralizing us while we're down.

-Nate
How about a service kit for the blower Nate....can you help us out there? I left you a message earlier, but I am sure you already have hundreds of those. I am concerned about having service parts long term on this TL blower as I plan on keeping the car for a long time. What do you think? Is this a possibility or has a kit like this even been developed yet? Just wondering as I know you are currently down in the dumps and I am sure are down mentally as well (I know I certainly would be depressed) and I would like to take this opportunity to try to produce sales for you as you head down a weary unknown path by just selling parts that you likely have laying around already. We are gonna need rebuild kits, hoses, ect - all things that would be pretty easy for you to just farm out to us in peices before you close, providing you with some type of financial boost for what its worth at this point...at the same time helping us long term so we dont find outselves having invested in something that wont work due to no service parts. I am willing to pony up front for my parts to have em on hand when I need em. Not so much keeping stock for others or anything (that would be for aftermarket distribution segment like Excelerate)...but at a minimum...I would like to get some for myself!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Their website doesnt seem to be saying anything
Old 02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
My Daily Driver

oh man, this sucks. I was hoping to get a supercharger from them before next winter......
Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
I just sold my TL without parting it first..

This is a really sad day. I still have my comptech license plate brackets though. I'll keep them forever.

RIP Comptech
Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by trancemission
Their website doesnt seem to be saying anything
I think this is something that was more or less just "announced" today...therefore I doubt the first thing on their mind was updating the web site to relect impending doom....but just my thought there. I wouldnt be suprised if you NEVER saw anything on the web site about it...unless there is a reason to help generate last minute sales or something...or the opposite...to make people leave em alone already...lol. Given his response here though...I would say he isnt done yet...I feel some fight left there still. Maybe just a hope something good will suddenly happen...I dont know - I just get this feeling.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Advanced

My VERY reliable sources say:

Comptech basically FIRED everyone...(i'm sure there's a few people around).

and

it was a problem between investor relations and the owners. Who knows who screwed the pooch though?

What I do know is that: MY 07 TL-S NEEDS SOME GOD DAMN SPRINGS.

RIP - Comptech =(
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Shyne

I'm going to go cry in my bed now :'(
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i feel kinda bad saying this, but does this mean i can get an exhaust for cheap? i dunno whether this will make prices of available comptech stock go up or down. looks like there are 10 on ebay being sold by acura dealers but they are just listed at BIN prices.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
we need some update on this from comptech guy...plez.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
hondata has something to lose/gain here too ... if you recall, comptech supercharger kits come with a reflashed ecu, well atleast the tsx ones do
Old 02-26-2007, 08:38 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by twon_aka_hollaatyaboy
My VERY reliable sources say:

Comptech basically FIRED everyone...(i'm sure there's a few people around).

and

it was a problem between investor relations and the owners. Who knows who screwed the pooch though?

What I do know is that: MY 07 TL-S NEEDS SOME GOD DAMN SPRINGS.

RIP - Comptech =(
From a business standpoint outside looking in (which can be total speculation often) if this is true...usually that means you cant cover payroll. That investor relations thing can get hairy at best - ususally you have a group or individual investor that does not understand going into it the time and resources that can go into things before a huge payoff comes around...and if they didnt have a good long term investor or one that changed their overall outlook or goals midstream...it can be problematic. Its usually a time thing...investors dont want to put the time in usually...and sometimes things can change...for example...we have a LARGE population of buyers for import parts OUT AT WAR right now and NOT spending money on parts and cars. I know the entire Import industry as a whole (domestic too...but not as bad as imports) is suffering right now due to the economy - so often times multiple problems can bring things like this about. Nothing is good right now in the car business unless you have a windfall product or landbreaking new technology or concept or something everybody HAS to have....and this was not that company. They needed grass-roots type support...and it just is not there right now frankly...as you are seeing.

Comptech....sorry to see this happen. I truely hope something turns around for you guys before this whole thing is done.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Racer

i juss got my s/c last week...and havent installed it yet...waitin to but i'm not 100% sure if i wanna install it n e more...now that they are closed..and my car has be starting to act up...about 2 months ago psp pump, all motor mounts were changed, now the tensioner pully is making a weird noise, the master brake cylinder is leaking, the car constantly pulls to the left, had about 3 alignements done everything shows it to be on point, car constantly throw CEL P0171 and P0174 so yea i've become a little skeptical now
Old 02-26-2007, 08:43 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by godfather2
hondata has something to lose/gain here too ... if you recall, comptech supercharger kits come with a reflashed ecu, well atleast the tsx ones do
And if sales on those were topping new heights...I am sure they might not have this problem right now. Hondata was always the solution - thats why they are still on solid ground. They did not nor have they...tippped too far into low production runs like the ACURA models demand. They tend to stay more with the meat and bones and masses of HONDA products out there rather than catering to ACURA models as much. It would be a nice thing to see though...the two of em merge or something. But something tells me this wont happen...I truely do hope something works out though!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Shyne

lets all pitch in money and buy out comptech
Old 02-26-2007, 09:10 PM
321 whp SAE

let's hope our ACM's don't go bad.. a couple have gone bad in some s/c cars. uh oh..
Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This blows....
Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
nooooooooooo damn i have been looking for an RSB...
Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
I was planning on getting a RSB & exhaust sometime down the road. It looks like if I can't swing it now it's not happening.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
let's hope our ACM's don't go bad.. a couple have gone bad in some s/c cars. uh oh..
Yes...but fact is...most of us want to get away from the ACM anyway to something else. I still would like to give a shot at that Motec standalone vs some boomslang/emanage setup...which in fact...I think is about the same thing as the ACM...but with some adjustability and mapping abilities. But I might be understanding this wrong...maybe they are talking about the Emanage ultimate unit or something....still kinda reading up on that one as I dont have the resources right now to dive into that realm. Plus..fact is...given what I want to do (while I am having fun now) and the power I would like to pound to the pavement...this car isnt gonna do that anyway. More power = more probs and we dont have a sound trans to toss against it really....so eventually drivetrain is going to be an issue. It would just be cheaper eventually to work on something else....and use this as a strict DD car. Maybe a Honda Civic or something...something that parts are available and cheap....or better yet...and EVO. Heck...you can build a screamer EVO for a fraction of what we have in our cars....but then again...you would be in an EVO then....which is part of modding this car I guess.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:52 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It really is unfortunate, but not completely unexpected, you have to understand that the aftermarket for any model Acura wasn't in high demand. Not many people purchase Acuras for the thought that they can make their cars even faster. Generally people who buy Acuras are satisfied with the power it has and don't think it's necessary to make it faster.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I am just dumbfounded. I found out about this this morning through the forums. I don't think Comptech notified anyone. It is basically a war at the top between partners/investors. No one will ever do for Honda/Acura what Comptech has done. I am extremely disappointed. All of you who are looking for some sale I think are going to be disappointed too b/c from what I understand they only have short shifters and springs left. I have some items left in stock and needless to say I have S/C kits in stock for the TSX and I am NOT happy about this. Comptech is closing. It hasn't closed yet. Hopefully it will be temporary. We will see.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

People...listen....Comptech exhausts and Rear Sway Bars are NOT going to dry up overnight. There is LOTS of existing stock right now I am sure....Acura of Escondido always stocks a good supply, ect. - so things like short shifters, sway bars, exhaust systems, ect are likely to be in supply for about a year or so after this happens....THEN it will be hard to find em at a good cost or at all. So dont fret....stuff isnt going to disappear overnight. Superchargers and such are likely to disappear as most people dont have boatloads of those sitting around...so if you want one of those...I would be snatching that shit up now...but otherwise...you are likely to be ok and find what you are looking for out there for the next 6 - 8 months anyway before a full out and out squeeze is gonna happen.

NOW....the question is...can you get it cheaper in a close-out from the factory (Comptech in this case) from a factory sale or something? That remains to be seen.....never know there.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:08 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Excelerate
I am just dumbfounded. I found out about this this morning through the forums. I don't think Comptech notified anyone. It is basically a war at the top between partners/investors. No one will ever do for Honda/Acura what Comptech has done. I am extremely disappointed. All of you who are looking for some sale I think are going to be disappointed too b/c from what I understand they only have short shifters and springs left. I have some items left in stock and needless to say I have S/C kits in stock for the TSX and I am NOT happy about this. Comptech is closing. It hasn't closed yet. Hopefully it will be temporary. We will see.
WOW...I was just typing a thing saying that things probably wouldnt dry up overnite...but I stand corrected. Maybe they can and will and have? What do you think about parts for this thing now Josh? Rad hose...rebuild kits? Do you think they have or can get these parts for us before they go? Or at least a supplier we can get em from? (custom hose ect). I am worried about having replacements.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
What's gonna happen with the warranties?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
MB you need to use the ENTER key every so often. I can't get past three lines of your post without my eyes hurting.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by subinf
MB you need to use the ENTER key every so often. I can't get past three lines of your post without my eyes hurting.
Sorry man....I will go away now....

Not..... I tossed a few enters in there for ya though! lol My last post...while rare...was actually only three lines....
Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
WOW...I was just typing a thing saying that things probably wouldnt dry up overnite...but I stand corrected. Maybe they can and will and have? What do you think about parts for this thing now Josh? Rad hose...rebuild kits? Do you think they have or can get these parts for us before they go? Or at least a supplier we can get em from? (custom hose ect). I am worried about having replacements.
For those who asked about warranties, there can't be a warranty if there is no company. In terms of replacement parts you might be able to still find them if you contact Comptech and ask them how to locate them. Comptech outsourced parts of each supercharger kit. So you may be able to stil get them.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Sorry man....I will go away now....

Not..... I tossed a few enters in there for ya though! lol My last post...while rare...was actually only three lines....

I know, I missed that last one before I posted.

I like what you have to say, just the huge block paragraph isn't user friendly.

The ellipses make it hard to press enter - I know, I used to do that all the time.

Nothing critical of your post content, I think you know that
Old 02-26-2007, 11:34 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by subinf
I know, I missed that last one before I posted.

I like what you have to say, just the huge block paragraph isn't user friendly.

The ellipses make it hard to press enter - I know, I used to do that all the time.

Nothing critical of your post content, I think you know that
Oh...I know! No offense taken...shit...I know I can type so fast it can blow your hair back! lol. Thats prob part of the problem...that and we all know I love to lecture...lol.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Team Anthracite

the only thing i was able to order @ comptech today is some NSX parts...

hey... do you think we can buy out comptech? with the bunch of people on the forum? like seriously
Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Hondata > *

Comptech may just close temporarily to try to get their footing back. Their R&D is solid, and i know it will not just go to waste. One day, Comptech may find a new investor/management and come back....

if not, their engineers' skills will be put to use in other companies.

This is not only bad for Comptech, but many retailers alike.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:23 AM
I'M DONE HERE

I just don't know what to say.Damn

Quick Reply: Comptech Closed!!!