Coming soon to 3G TL from ATLP

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonnick
If anything, Alex's avy will do that. It has me following his every post
Originally Posted by egprelude
I believe there is a consensus, at least among the s2k crowd, that Church's dyno reads relatively higher, especially this particular dyno.
I can understand a dyno reading high numbers....2-3% (which is 4-5 HP)....

here is justin's dyno 6MT with PCD's and Jpipe....and stock 6MT dyno bone stock....

so if you see bone stock 6MT made 228HP and bone stock with jpipe + exhaust made 274HP ?? That is 46HP !!!

Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
so if you see bone stock 6MT made 228HP and bone stock with jpipe + exhaust made 274HP ?? That is 46HP !!!
See my previous post. It likely explains the high numbers.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts
Thanks Marcus. And yes, I agree. The RV6 picked up a bit more low end while the ATLP shined up top. As far as the 1/4 mile is concerned, I think the ATLP V2 would outperform the RV6 V3 since you are at 5000+ for most of the track. Very interesting.

I am very curious how unequal length primaries would perform...I'm thinking the low end would be similar to the RV6 and the high end similar to the ATLP.

I'm a little curious as to what mods this TL has being that it's making 274whp? Also, the power curve seems to climb until 6750, something that most J series dynos don't. I'm trying to figure out why....I'd love to see a back to back comparison of them tuned as well. Maybe Rodney could lend you an ECU
Originally Posted by egprelude
I believe there is a consensus, at least among the s2k crowd, that Church's dyno reads relatively higher, especially this particular dyno.
yes what he said...In the Honda world it is known that if you want high numbers go to Church Automotives dyno!!! so that number does not surprise me one bit......and I believe Marcus did explain why the high number cuz it is closer to crank hp than whp!!..but anyhow a dyno should be used to compare one with the other on same dyno and what is impress is the difference between the RV6 v3 and the ATLP V2 numbers...good stuff!!

Hey Swoosh if I had my car dyno'd there I would def be over the 300 mark lol!!
Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be willing to bet that this Jpipe will not make more than 4whp over the current XLR8 jpipe. Unless he is putting an electric cutout somewhere. ha.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ProbyOne
See my previous post. It likely explains the high numbers.
I did....

Originally Posted by BostonSilverTypeS
yes what he said...In the Honda world it is known that if you want high numbers go to Church Automotives dyno!!! so that number does not surprise me one bit......and I believe Marcus did explain why the high number cuz it is closer to crank hp than whp!!..but anyhow a dyno should be used to compare one with the other on same dyno and what is impress is the difference between the RV6 v3 and the ATLP V2 numbers...good stuff!!

Hey Swoosh if I had my car dyno'd there I would def be over the 300 mark lol!!
I completely agree with you....i got carried away with the high numbers....baseline is this jpipe made more than the RV6 V3....

but wont the difference come down as well when the numbers are not so inflated ?

you will be close to the 350 mark , I will be over the 300 mark....Church's dyno here i come
Old 02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I did....
Good...

You implied that you didn't understand the high reading...
Old 02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Advanced

I can understand a dyno reading high numbers....2-3% (which is 4-5 HP)....

here is justin's dyno 6MT with PCD's and Jpipe....and stock 6MT dyno bone stock....

Why do you want to mislead everyone?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:11 PM

^^^ excuse me ?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Advanced

^^^ excuse me ?
Why do you want to mislead everyone?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:14 PM

^^^ yeah the font is...your not....

tell me how i mislead anyone on here ? re-read the thread and get your act straight....you dont come across as a person who is gonna last on the forums...enjoy your time here
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Advanced

^^^ yeah the font is...you're not....

tell me how i mislead anyone on here ? re-read the thread and get your act straight....you dont come across as a person who is gonna last on the forums...enjoy your time here
Why dont you go re-read the post regarding the dyno and gear ratios... dont display your ignorance in public.

Edit: oh, and FTFY

Last edited by Forcefed 3; 02-02-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Why arent we waiting for the remaining facts before the nutslinging begins....

They seem to be putting allot of R&D in to be king of the hill which is respectable but think more facts are to come. I know I havent made a decision on a j pipe based on whats been provided considering another proto is on its way to the dyno
The following users liked this post:
alexSU (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Forcefed 3
Why dont you go re-read the post regarding the dyno and gear ratios... dont display your ignorance in public.
all am saying is there are tons of people who look at dyno's and make a decision....they dont looks at what gear the dyno was taken or whether the numbers represent what,....

there is a consistency when you dyno....you should keep that consistency....on the JnR ECU thread when one dyno was posted in 3rd gear, people got mad as the "consistency" was messed with....for HeelToe to be a killer good vendor i would love if he kept the consistency....

I posted some dyno;s done in 4th gear with PCD's and Jpipe compared to stock...thats what people are looking for....

how many horses am I gaining by installing jpipe or PCD's or HFC's....

honestly bro if you read and spend more time on the forum you will see this trend....again if we got off on the wrong foot, i apologize....my intend was not to hurt or mislead....it was to ask why was the dyno done in 3rd when 4th should be the actual gear....now that is misleading
Old 02-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Advanced

all am saying is there are tons of people who look at dyno's and make a decision....they dont looks at what gear the dyno was taken or whether the numbers represent what,....

there is a consistency when you dyno....you should keep that consistency....on the JnR ECU thread when one dyno was posted in 3rd gear, people got mad as the "consistency" was messed with....for HeelToe to be a killer good vendor i would love if he kept the consistency....

I posted some dyno;s done in 4th gear with PCD's and Jpipe compared to stock...thats what people are looking for....

how many horses am I gaining by installing jpipe or PCD's or HFC's....

honestly bro if you read and spend more time on the forum you will see this trend....again if we got off on the wrong foot, i apologize....my intend was not to hurt or mislead....it was to ask why was the dyno done in 3rd when 4th should be the actual gear....now that is misleading
Anyone who knows a decent amount about cars will realize that is an awful way to compare the two products. To be a fair comparison you need to dyno two 6MT TL's on the same day in the same gear. I dont spend much time on this forum as I don't have a TL, and come from a community of enthusiasts. I just like to lurk, but I couldn't resist to comment on this asininity.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
So if I want to make the most power out of this j-pipe, I'll have to be driving at 5k+ RPM to take full advantage of its power potential? People do that?

Someone correct me, I know I'm wrong somewhere.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Texas turbo you are right on point. More r&d coming soon
Old 02-02-2012, 08:01 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
The main thing that impressed me was the sense that people who were assuming the RV6 was a better design for power was off. I expected the RV6 to make more power than the ATLP in general, but as it turns out there is a give and take with each. We'd like to claim that more HP mods will make the difference greater, but cannot at this time.

Once again, it was a 2005 6MT, bone stock except for the exhaust. I am interested in seeing if the differences are greater on a TL-S w PCDs though...might be doing that test later actually.

We do have a comparison to stock as well, we will post that up later tho. It was pretty significant; inline with what we have been claiming this whole time.

ATLP V1 was, but that was ditched in favor of better ground clearance.

If we ran straight out the j-pipe we would not be getting a realistic sense of what made power on an actual car though...just the same, we will be looking at opening up sections of the ATLP exhaust alter and offering a full race type system.

Isn't anyone going to ask about the sound difference? We have a video being processed right now that should give a really clear sense of the test between the two.
Id love to see and know about the different exhaust notes after the alteration of the ATLP exhaust. Deff would like to know if it gets louder sounding more exotic since im trying to go something similar like how FYAH TL sounds even tho thats a 4th gen but something comparable to that since im waiting to order my atlp base exhaust deff want the full race system.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Forcefed 3
Anyone who knows a decent amount about cars will realize that is an awful way to compare the two products. To be a fair comparison you need to dyno two 6MT TL's on the same day in the same gear. I dont spend much time on this forum as I don't have a TL, and come from a community of enthusiasts. I just like to lurk, but I couldn't resist to comment on this asininity.
i guess you werent too good of a lurker as well....read up and you will find 100+ threads on which CAI should i get and which exhaust makes the most power....

the forums have a lot of new comers and people who are interested in making it faster....the options for the TL are very limited....you will see tons of modding options for your bimmer....

when someone ask you if fujita intake is better or AEM, you gotta know right there that they are expecting something very obvious...

put a stock dyno and dyno of a x-verndor jpipe and y-vendor jpipe and if the y-vendor is making more power, he gets more orders....as simple is that....

EDIT: I will be waiting on Marcus to post some replies....we can go back and forth and still get nowhere....bottom line as i posted (and guess you missed that post) was it made more power than the Rv6 jpipe....

excited to see more about this Jpipe....

Last edited by swoosh; 02-02-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Let's all settle down before this thread gets to 40 pages of back n forth bitching and fighting and arguing. I hate coming back and searching pages for a useful post from the vendor.

Let's wait and see what Marcus has in store for us.

Swoosh, see if Marcus could get the j&r ecu and hook it up with his new jpipe
Old 02-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
take it to PM please =p came here for updates only. thanks for posting HeelToe

would you consider the change in sound and decibal to be significant?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Wow I'm in for updates
Old 02-03-2012, 10:11 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
Originally Posted by alexSU
Let's all settle down before this thread gets to 40 pages of back n forth bitching and fighting and arguing. I hate coming back and searching pages for a useful post from the vendor.

Let's wait and see what Marcus has in store for us.

Swoosh, see if Marcus could get the j&r ecu and hook it up with his new jpipe
This x100. Stop letting our e-d1cks get in the way.

Marcus, I was just saying that in order for you to get a better idea of the best diameter collector to go with, I think it'd be beneficial to run open Jpipe. Reason being, that if a 3" collector makes more power than a 2.5", than a 3" exhaust would be best for the most power; or vice versa.

I'm also interested on how each Jpipe would perform with the PCDs as well. I'm sure the results would be interesting.
Hacura (02-22-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but wont the difference come down as well when the numbers are not so inflated ?
The % difference should be about the same.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Wow! Yeah calm down people. Internet mechanics are worse than magazine mechanics

You guys are way too wrapped up in the number and not discussing enough the relatiove differences. Anyone who knows what they are talking about would never compare one car on one dyno on one day in Texas with a completely different car/dyno/day in California.

I don't think we could get any more consistent with the runs. Quite literally, the RV6 run was made, then we disconnected one hub from the dyno, jack up the car on that side, I crawled under and switched pipes, reconnected dyno and ran again. Same car, same day, we never even took the car completely OFF the dyno. Ran 20 min apart.

Nobody better seriously question the integrity of consistency of what we are doing. I am an engineering minded person and have no interest in putting my rep on the line for some bullshit numbers. Just saying.

And I am going to definitely try getting a hold of an XLR8 pipe for the next round as well. I didn't consider him the main competitor here but I think Josh and myself would both be interested to see how things stack up.
alexSU (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^Did you check out Atlas.46's thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845859?

The gains going from his original ATLP V1/resonated test pipe to the XLR8 V2 were amazing!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
All motor

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
Wow! Yeah calm down people. Internet mechanics are worse than magazine mechanics

You guys are way too wrapped up in the number and not discussing enough the relatiove differences. Anyone who knows what they are talking about would never compare one car on one dyno on one day in Texas with a completely different car/dyno/day in California.

I don't think we could get any more consistent with the runs. Quite literally, the RV6 run was made, then we disconnected one hub from the dyno, jack up the car on that side, I crawled under and switched pipes, reconnected dyno and ran again. Same car, same day, we never even took the car completely OFF the dyno. Ran 20 min apart.

Nobody better seriously question the integrity of consistency of what we are doing. I am an engineering minded person and have no interest in putting my rep on the line for some bullshit numbers. Just saying.

And I am going to definitely try getting a hold of an XLR8 pipe for the next round as well. I didn't consider him the main competitor here but I think Josh and myself would both be interested to see how things stack up.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
I agree that Marcus has a flawless testing methodology . It don't get any better than this.

Marcus, I would love to see the XLR8 *V1* included too. These are still sold by XLR8 for customers that want to retain the 3rd cat. I would love to see how much the top end is being hurt by the longer primaries, especially within the same basic design (XLR8 V1 versus V2). Perhaps this has been done already in the graphs you posted yesterday. I can't say because I don't now what the new ATLP design looks like.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
All motor

Yes, Marcus has really done a great job in getting these tests done with the least variables possible, leaving little margin for error.

Is it possible that with a more free flowing exhaust the longer primaries don't hurt the top end as we see here? I was upset when my custom Jpipe didn't have primaries as long as the RV6; however this test may make me smile again.

I'm still wondering why the HP peaks at redline...
Old 02-03-2012, 03:40 PM

so do we have any new numbers ? or dyno's done on 4th gear ?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:39 AM
All motor

Hopefully this week there will be more updates.........
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Im curious about the tone as well. Cant do race pipes here in canda because of the E tests, so the J pipes all Iv got
Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 AM
All motor

You should be able to as long as you keep your primary cats. Or......you can just buy the HFCs from Richie. Or..........you can delete your primary cats with PCDs, and add a high flow cat in the factory position. Or just say F**k Canada and go catless
Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 AM

^^^ like most of us are doing here haha....

but yeah I agree with sonnick word for word....replace cats with HFC, get a Jpipe (which deletes the 3rd cat as well) or get a regular jpipe and a resonated 3rd cat delete and put the heat shields back on....this will disguise it plenty
Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

Still no updates on any videossss couple days after but still paiently waiting MARCUS lol
Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 PM

should i use my cute waiting smiley again ? he responded to it last time
Old 02-07-2012, 02:54 PM
All motor

Alex, get in here!!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM
N0w $hiftinG N/A

should i use my cute waiting smiley again ? he responded to it last time
YEsss swosssh DO ITTTTTTTTTTTtt lol
Old 02-07-2012, 03:22 PM

^^^ LOL....you asked for it....

come on Marcus....we all are:

Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 PM
All motor

^Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (heart melts).
Old 02-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Alex, get in here!!
You rang?

Quick Reply: Coming soon to 3G TL from ATLP