Clutch master clutch sucks

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Slobodan
Im installing a Stage 2 Plus Clutch This morning... Wish Me luck...
Clutchmaster or Spec?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
you guys dont get it do u? again with the spec clutches...how many times does it have to be mentioned?

stop basing the experience of this Spec Crap from other cars.... our car has a fucking self adjusting pressure plate, which means spec would have to spend too much to make one with more clamping force and still self adjust so they took the short fucking route and supposedly reenforced the stock PP, painted it blue and sold it to u....initially it feels like it grabs, but it is a piece of shit....ur paying 700-800 for a disc, nothing more... enough with "i had spec on this car" and "i had spec on that car" who gives a shit what u had where..they're still giving u a stock PP... this is about the TL and not about other cars...if something works perfect on one car, doesnt mean its built the same way for another...so stop this nonsense....spec is not good for your TL...untill they make a PP from ground up (which they are in the process of making a whole kit) dont buy anything from them.

at least listen from the people that have tried these fucking things.....accord being one of them...has gone through more setups than he cares to...has mentioned countless times that spec is garbage, and so have I, but no one seems to listen... bad enough not to share knowledge and experience, and even worse when its shared.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Clutchmaster or Spec?
im guess SPEC, if he mentioned stage 2 PLUS

CM only has stage 1,2,3,4 etc,...

if it is a SPEC, then

Originally Posted by Opel
you guys dont get it do u? again with the spec clutches...how many times does it have to be mentioned?

stop basing the experience of this Spec Crap from other cars.... our car has a fucking self adjusting pressure plate, which means spec would have to spend too much to make one with more clamping force and still self adjust so they took the short fucking route and supposedly reenforced the stock PP, painted it blue and sold it to u....initially it feels like it grabs, but it is a piece of shit....ur paying 700-800 for a disc, nothing more... enough with "i had spec on this car" and "i had spec on that car" who gives a shit what u had where..they're still giving u a stock PP... this is about the TL and not about other cars...if something works perfect on one car, doesnt mean its built the same way for another...so stop this nonsense....spec is not good for your TL...untill they make a PP from ground up (which they are in the process of making a whole kit) dont buy anything from them.

at least listen from the people that have tried these fucking things.....accord being one of them...has gone through more setups than he cares to...has mentioned countless times that spec is garbage, and so have I, but no one seems to listen... bad enough not to share knowledge and experience, and even worse when its shared.
oh well..... let them learn the hard way
Old 10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Don't count us all idiots

A Sticky should be created to keep this information. I've been following all the threads lately but it is hard to keep this stuff straight sometimes.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

man its the same guys that post on every clutch thread thats been there, and its always always the same freaking thing lol....they cant say theres lack of info either....i may have 600 posts in such short time, but 400 of them are repeats roflllll cause of this...anyway i dont mean to be harsh.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
no worries man. Was kinda taken back about your responses at first but now that I am getting more technically involved, can see what you mean.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Green Machine

Damn man; calm down! I was just asking the man which one he went with.

I've read every single post from you, 04accordcpe, and tl2slow. I'm sold on CM stage 4. I still have some life left in my stock clutch and squeezing every bit out of it. Since your expertise on the check valve, I believe everything you post. True me!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've read every single post from you, 04accordcpe, and tl2slow. I'm sold on CM stage 4. I still have some life left in my stock clutch and squeezing every bit out of it. Since your expertise on the check valve, I believe everything you post. True me!
rofllllllllllllllllllllllllll sorry man, lol...it wasnt towards you...it was about the whole thread, i kept reading SPEC SPEC SPEC,..it became like a freaking annoying song...so i blew up lol
again i apologize, i do come across like an ass at times, but my criticism is mainly intended to just plant the point in some heads, so its not questioned everyday

cheers bud
Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I would love someone to make a solid PP without the SAC mechanism. Ive seen them fail on audi's and so on. Not reliable. Its nice for consistent clutch feel but I dont really care for that. A solid PP is so much better than the SAC system thats just my opinion though.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Green Machine

rofllllllllllllllllllllllllll sorry man, lol...it wasnt towards you...it was about the whole thread, i kept reading SPEC SPEC SPEC,..it became like a freaking annoying song...so i blew up lol
again i apologize, i do come across like an ass at times, but my criticism is mainly intended to just plant the point in some heads, so its not questioned everyday

cheers bud
NP man....I wouldn't get too concern about it. If guys don't want to take good advice, then let them learn the hard way.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

NP man....I wouldn't get too concern about it. If guys don't want to take good advice, then let them learn the hard way.
you're absolutely right... i couldn't help it...i literally hate Spec for our cars!!! i spoke to them when i got mine, and they promised, and they failed!!! I payed $700 for a freaking clutch disc!!!! because the PP as ive mentioned many times, was just a worthless piece of shit. Im over it now....but i did call them back again and cursed them out lol
Old 10-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stage 4?? how much hp you pushing?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by ussi
Stage 4?? how much hp you pushing?
Don't know. Before my exhaust I was pushing 248. Why; is that overkill?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

not overkill....as far as PP goes...their stage 4 and 5 offer the 170% over stock holding capacity... stage 3 is 110 % over stock...

my attitude is...its better to have the highest possible if u can...because tomorrow you could go boost...at least ull know u have the heaviest clutch u could get
Old 10-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the summer, my clutch went and I replaced it with ClutchMaster stage 3 kit....Its been like 15,000 later and its still strong....probably the best investment i've made for the car.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 AM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
just got my new one from CM. 100% custom made. apparently the flywheel that was in my car completely threw them for a loop. when i sent it all in, Loni calls me and says what the heck car is this for??? my flywheel had such an odd number of teeth that they had to completely re fabricate a whole new setup for me.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:02 AM
I (don't) whine.

Don't know. Before my exhaust I was pushing 248. Why; is that overkill?

I think the stage 3 is rated up to 400hp...with the stage 4 u might affect the driveability
Old 10-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by ussi
I think the stage 3 is rated up to 400hp...with the stage 4 u might affect the driveability
That's what I meant; stage 3.....lol!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
4drs just wanna have fun!

Originally Posted by Xiomaro
just got my new one from CM. 100% custom made. apparently the flywheel that was in my car completely threw them for a loop. when i sent it all in, Loni calls me and says what the heck car is this for??? my flywheel had such an odd number of teeth that they had to completely re fabricate a whole new setup for me.
Yeah 06/07 seems to be where Honda started changing things up, from what can be seen It has more to do with the ring interference then anything else since the flange thickness on the flywheel where the bolts go through is like 3 times as thick on the newer flywheels. So those cars will be getting newly R/D'd flywheels when they are ready. The suppliers of Clutchmasters are working on it, not sure how many they have, its pretty much proprietary information that is still being worked on.

Initially the ring gear problem for the flywheel was that theres had 122 teeth and not 123, which made for some starter noise problems as you all have heard by now. However, it was also discussed that these were a select few amongst those that purchased the flywheels, as told to me one of the suppliers, whether or not this is because they didn't have any problems or didn't feel like complaiing bringing it in is really hard to gauge.

On the plus side in another 4-6 weeks they'll have out revised flywheels with a rev. number added to the part number to signify that its the newer version without the ring gear problem.

Hoping this works out in the end so I can finally pick up a revised flywheel and get a CM stage 3 kit to go along with it
Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
is the self adjusting pressure plate the reason my clutch pedal feels really soft when i revving higher?

i like how heavy it feels down low, but at high speeds its almost like pushing the gas pedal
Old 10-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
It could just be a pressure issue. Bleed it a couple times and see if it fixes it. The SAC system could be part of it. IMO if I wanted an aftermarket clutch I would want the SAC gone!
Old 10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Accord_V6_400m
Yeah 06/07 seems to be where Honda started changing things up, from what can be seen It has more to do with the ring interference then anything else since the flange thickness on the flywheel where the bolts go through is like 3 times as thick on the newer flywheels. So those cars will be getting newly R/D'd flywheels when they are ready. The suppliers of Clutchmasters are working on it, not sure how many they have, its pretty much proprietary information that is still being worked on.

Initially the ring gear problem for the flywheel was that theres had 122 teeth and not 123, which made for some starter noise problems as you all have heard by now. However, it was also discussed that these were a select few amongst those that purchased the flywheels, as told to me one of the suppliers, whether or not this is because they didn't have any problems or didn't feel like complaiing bringing it in is really hard to gauge.

On the plus side in another 4-6 weeks they'll have out revised flywheels with a rev. number added to the part number to signify that its the newer version without the ring gear problem.

Hoping this works out in the end so I can finally pick up a revised flywheel and get a CM stage 3 kit to go along with it
yea, that sounds about right. when i was talking to loni he said they were trying to resolve most of the issues still. My flywheel had 126 teeth which was totally different than the others that were made, and i think thats why it took so long to get it back. But i've been working on just getting the damn clutch replaced for almost 4 months now(not because of CM, because of my assbag mechanic) and i'm very much ready to be done with this.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reviving this thread...
If I am considering a SPEC Stage 1 (sorry Opel) or a Clutchmasters FX100 kit, should I just stick with stock, as it's not much different? I am looking for good driveability but better longevity than my stock setup, which is dying at 70k miles.
Also, is there any difference in feel between a stock dual-mass FW and unsprung disc vs. a LW FW and a sprung disc?