AEM V2 Installed, a few questions though.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM V2 Installed, a few questions though.

Hey guys,

I finally got around to installing the AEM V2 that's been in my garage onto my 2007 TL-S...took me a few hours since I'm not that mechanically inclined. I was able to get everything done with a few minor mishaps. I managed to break one of the threads on the vibration mount somehow...must have over torqued it or something . I was able to mount it still by screwing in the broken shorter thread into the chassis and keeping the longer thread for the actual intake. I'm hoping to put a call in to AEM to see if they can send me a replacement mount .

I also noticed that the fitment of the filter wasn't great. When I put it my bumper back on the filter butts right up against the driver side foglight. This led to my bumper being just slightly ajar, I was able to screw everything back in though. Are there any concerns/issues with the filter being pushed up against the back of the foglight?
Old 08-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
u will be fine, both ways.

i broke the vibra mount too LOL. the intake tube sits so tight between the frame, all i did was add some rubber hoses to support it, and my intake doesnt move for shit.

and the filter, u will be fine, only thing that will happen is the filter might be dented. but it will be no problem, about 6k hard miles since i put mine on, and i just checked it recently, its still there and on TIGHT
Old 08-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Intermediate

There's also a little bit of rub where the intake sits next to the battery housing. Think its worth it to stick some sort of foam in there?

The intake sounds sweet too, I like how you can cruise without hearing it...then step on it and BAM its there.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jerome736
There's also a little bit of rub where the intake sits next to the battery housing. Think its worth it to stick some sort of foam in there?

The intake sounds sweet too, I like how you can cruise without hearing it...then step on it and BAM its there.
yes def.. do o had that problem even with the first one, aslo if aem give you problem wit the replacement mount summitracing.com has one for 4 bucks or less