AEM intake, last page of instruction

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM intake, last page of instruction

Will someone please kindly scan the AEM intake's last page of installation instructions?

I didn't do the last part when I was installing it and I accidentally threw the booklet away. It should be simple to do it but I wanna make sure I am doing the right thing.

Much thanks.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:55 PM
8 Foot Asian

CAI Sensor

My freind print these instructions out and pop your hood. I will make this as simple as possible. You girl friend could figure this out.

1. On the intake pipe close to the throttle body you will see a hex bolt that you installed in a hole. Take this bolt out. this bolt should have a little black "o" ring on it if you take it out. No need to remove the battery, you can use a wrench.

2. On the throttle body you will see a bronze colored disc about the size of a quarter. Approximately 1" to the left you will see a bronze colored bolt with a black thing-a-ma-jig with a wire running to it. Look under the Black engine cover (its easier to see if you take the engine cover off, plus you will have to take it off anyways to take out the bronze colored bolt.

3. Simply swap the hex head bolt with the Bronze colored bolt.

Note: You will soon find out that the Bronze colored bolt with the wire connected to it will not reach its intended hole because of the wire loom and electrical tape being wrapped up so tight. Cut back 5" off the wire (careful not to cut the wires inside) so that it will reach the hole in the Intake pipe.

Endulge yourself with the 4 to 5 extra horses. Thats it!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:33 PM
8 Foot Asian

CAI Sensor

My freind print these instructions out and pop your hood. I will make this as simple as possible. You girl friend could figure this out.

1. On the intake pipe close to the throttle body you will see a hex bolt that you installed in a hole. Take this bolt out. this bolt should have a little black "o" ring on it if you take it out. No need to remove the battery, you can use a wrench.

2. On the throttle body you will see a bronze colored disc about the size of a quarter. Approximately 1" to the left you will see a bronze colored bolt with a black thing-a-ma-jig with a wire running to it. Look under the Black engine cover (its easier to see if you take the engine cover off, plus you will have to take it off anyways to take out the bronze colored bolt.

3. Simply swap the hex head bolt with the Bronze colored bolt.

Note: You will soon find out that the Bronze colored bolt with the wire connected to it will not reach its intended hole because of the wire loom and electrical tape being wrapped up so tight. Cut back 5" off the wire (careful not to cut the wires inside) so that it will reach the hole in the Intake pipe.

Endulge yourself with the 4 to 5 extra horses. Thats it!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Intermediate

thanks dude. Although I am a visual learner, I guess I can do it now. Thanks again.