3.5 Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my goal is having it making the power i want safe and without internal works meaning mostly bolt-on ......ohhh and one more thing everything i have is aem
Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Pro

Regardless, I look forward to some sort of write up/photos in the very near future.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM
'10 Shelby

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Your only about 15 mins from me, I'm interested in meeting up to check this out in person.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:03 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

like i said im ganna try the 18lb pulley now im just a bit scared of driving itbut this weekend ill have it tunned with it and ill c what ill do if anything ill just go to a 16lb custom pulley ..... will c what happens ......
Old 10-15-2008, 12:05 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

yeah soon everyone will have a chance once i tune it and put my rims on im going to the big NY meeting and there will all c
Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Yep... It's called the Aero kit.
have RL rims ready to go, no tires yet... and plan to get the kit, but it don't come in the Dark Cherry Pearl (DCP), so it'll have to be custom painted.
I'll have the family rollin deep.

Here's an example:

Wow, that Odyssey is really clean. I have always thought the Odyssey is one of the nicest looking minivans on the road. My friend has one and I drove inside it and it was really amazingly high tech and comfortable.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
To the OP, great to hear that you have something in the works for the type-S. We are all waiting for the final result! Please keep us posted.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
18lb pulley is DANGEROUS !!! Especially on this high c/r motor 11:1

A few members put on the COMPTECH HBP (9lb boost) and i think 2 or 3 of them have blown their motors.... So anything higher than that, i wouldnt expect your engine to last to long... 18lbs of boost, on a comptech supercharger... thats unheard of !!! just my honest opinion

also, did you adjust knock, timing or anything of the sort? I believe with a s/c, you'll need to retard the timing on this engine. All of which, are done when you hook up the comptech ACM on the 3.2L motor

oh, and if you really wanna just shut us all up... just take a quick photo of the supercharger under your hood on a TL-S, and we'll believe you and shut our traps!!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Thats where the dual stage vtec comes in timing changes
Old 10-15-2008, 01:00 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
This thread's all over the place.

The blue Ody is merely the Aero Kit, RL A-specs, "mr. grille", and dropped an 1.5in on H&R spring. Hot no?

Here's what the old lady's Ody looks like with RL rims mounted. I'm waiting for the Aero kits to go on clearance. Still pretty fly for a family truckster.

As for the boosted TL-S...

Hondata tuned? You mean the J32 tuning for the Comptech SC they ABANDONED last year? or did they revive this R&D effort just for you?

18lbs pulley? Custom machined? I take it you know nothing of SC effeciency. Trying to push 18lbs of boost on a roots SC make the air so hot that you loose the effective boost. It's NOT a turbo.

Neo, for tuning... Laughable. It can't do anything more than what's already been tested... and what already been tested can only clamp map and dump fuel... You've done nothing to overcome the other native ECU parameters.

WTF dude, this is all over the place.

I'm running up the BS flag on this one.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

dude aem greddy makes happen ..... any pulley from 10lb and up are custom and for your info how do u change ur gains if u dont have a neo what u use a old saf ? come on man get ur facts straight and ohh yeah hondata can reflash ur original ecm if u dont have a aem or greaddy back up ...... why am i wasting my time with u i can c u dont no shit bout boosting a car .....everyone will c the setup at ny meet ...............greaddy alows u to use whatever map u want.... and one more thing have u ever heard of an cooler man how is there ganna b hot air ? with rich fuel and a cooler ?

Last edited by AcUrAPimP121; 10-15-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I have car ADD

i wasnt gonna go to the NY meet, but ill make it there just to see this!!
Old 10-15-2008, 01:24 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
hey dude I wasn't doubting you just so you know, I am just saying like you are preaching stuff that is unheard of, as you can see you have the big guns (hard modifiers) from this forum tuned in, all eyes on you hommie

I am glad you will come to the nyc/westchester meet

ps. sorry for all of us doubting you bro but like I said it is really untouched territory
Old 10-15-2008, 01:29 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by AcUrAPimP121
dude aem greddy makes happen ..... any pulley from 10lb and up are custom and for your info how do u change ur gains if u dont have a neo what u use a old saf ? come on man get ur facts straight and ohh yeah hondata can reflash ur original ecm if u dont have a aem or greaddy back up ...... why am i wasting my time with u i can c u dont no shit bout boosting a car .....everyone will c the setup at ny meet ...............greaddy alows u to use whatever map u want.... and one more thing have u ever heard of an cooler man how is there ganna b hot air ? with rich fuel and a cooler ?
I don't know shit about boostin' a car eh... ?
My TL ... self installed SC:

AEM = Greddy = NEO on the TL. The TL's ECU compensates for other parameters when attempting to run a piggyback. The ONLY tuning you can get with any of the tuning boxes is A/F and VTEC rpm range... Do your homework, it's well discussed here already, from guys much more experienced and articulate than you.

Take a lesson in adiabatic effeciency of superchargers, and search for user "Atrain"... He'll explain why running more than 9 lbs is futile on the Eaton M62.

You got a cooler? Didn't say that before... What kind? air to air, meth? Stll greatly impacts your tuning process, which you've yet to explain.

Hondata? Who's that? Seriously. We ALL know who Hodata is, and other than the 2 or 3 test TL's that are here on the forum (still running test tunes one of which had problems I believe), there is no commercially available hondata tune for the J32... There's NEVER been anything discussed by Hondata for a reflash for the J35. I SPOKE to NATE at COMPTECH MYSELF... He expressed little interest in a SC for the 3.5, because they couldn't get any reasonable gains.

So you're telling me with a vaporware Hondata reflash, a custom machined boost pulley, and a Greddy emanage, you've done what Hondata and Comptech couldn't. Sounds like to me all you know is that you need tuning, but no idea what takes to get it right. It's more than just "load a map".

"Show Me". We can't wait to see it.

Last edited by Kennedy; 10-15-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
To the OP, I'm not saying that you do or do not have something but I have to agree with Kennedy on the efficiency of the Eaton blowers. They are not efficient at 18psi. In fact I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle with a Eaton blower over 12 psi. The adibiatic efficiency just drops significantly b/c of the heat. Even if you do have an aftercooler I'm not certain the blower will spin that fast without destroying itself. An Eaton engineer would have to chime in on that.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Originally Posted by Kennedy
I don't know shit about boostin' a car eh... ?
My TL ... self installed SC:

AEM = Greddy = NEO on the TL. The TL's ECU compensates for other parameters when attempting to run a piggyback. The ONLY tuning you can get with any of the tuning boxes is A/F and VTEC rpm range... Do your homework, it's well discussed here already, from guys much more experienced and articulate than you.

Take a lesson in adiabatic effeciency of superchargers, and search for user "Atrain"... He'll explain why running more than 9 lbs is futile on the Eaton M62.

You got a cooler? Didn't say that before... What kind? air to air, meth? Stll greatly impacts your tuning process, which you've yet to explain.

Hondata? Who's that? Seriously. We ALL know who Hodata is, and other than the 2 or 3 test TL's that are here on the forum (still running test tunes one of which had problems I believe), there is no commercially available hondata tune for the J32... There's NEVER been anything discussed by Hondata for a reflash for the J35. I SPOKE to NATE at COMPTECH MYSELF... He expressed little interest in a SC for the 3.5, because they couldn't get any reasonable gains.

So you're telling me with a vaporware Hondata reflash, a custom machined boost pulley, and a Greddy emanage, you've done what Hondata and Comptech couldn't. Sounds like to me all you know is that you need tuning, but no idea what takes to get it right. It's more than just "load a map".

"Show Me". We can't wait to see it.

Dude same stetup man its exactly the same shit man ..... same charger same belt same adjustment ...the diffecne is i got nice piping and a cooler .... it only changes in the map its all about the tune .......u got a small fn pulley ur getting what 60 whp ? thats fn lame.... when i first installed it was exactly same shit then i changed belt ant pulley thats it .... and the secret is the tune .....ohhh and one more thing call comptech and ask them about junior from the auto parts in jersey they tell u what they seen ....
Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

keep ur slow j32
Old 10-15-2008, 01:59 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Ohh and one more thing i got a biiger and better surprise for u all how about a turbo charge.... check that out......2004 acura tl a-spec turbo charged
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
hey no offense to you regarding your knowledge of forced induction ... I know minimal information about it, but I think you should be careful with what you say on the forums. Let's keep it a friendly environment here kennedy's been an old-time, respected member here on the forums. if you disagree just say so ... that's all
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
+ looking forward to some photos in the future!!! woot
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
new piping? so you're running a fmic? your answers are pretty vague...where did u mount it, new bumper?

You know all you have to do is take some pics or give specific answers to shut up all of us 'doubters'. otherwise its pretty obvious this is just BS.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Originally Posted by ussi
new piping? so you're running a fmic? your answers are pretty vague...where did u mount it, new bumper?

You know all you have to do is take some pics or give specific answers to shut up all of us 'doubters'. otherwise its pretty obvious this is just BS.
like i said this weekend friday nite i gets tuned with a new clutch and new boost pulley once its done ill post pictures and numbers also saturday nite im planning on beeing at the track will c what happens.....
Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
OH DIP!!!

Go kennedy! =P

and

Last edited by xoulu; 10-15-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Everything is stock and i mean stock ....... just tunned meaning added gas so i can have it running a bit rich and dont heat up the motor and the way its set up with a dual stage vtec and the charger only engages after 4000 RPm meaning high boost ......... with the 18lb pulley i really havent gunned it jut got it installed on monday nite havent tuned yet but will c what happens.......its only got 6000 miles and i really dont wanna kill it now if i can produce the numbers i want this weekend ill b happy...... hopefully i wont have to use thicker head gaskets or diffrent internals if so my boys at the machine shop already told me they would do it for me but i hope i dont have 2......11/1 compreassion..........but running rich

OMG, are you fucking serious??!!? OK, now im officially saying your full of shit.

dual stage vtec??!?? everything else is stock?!?? including injectors, no intercooler and tuning it with the neo (supposedly ) and were supposed to believe you that your running an 18psi custom pulley?!?? RIIIIIGHT LMAO

someone please knock this guy over his head, so we can bring him back to reality LOL

Last edited by 04accordcpe; 10-15-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe

OMG, are you fucking serious??!!? OK, now im officially saying your full of shit.

dual stage vtec??!?? everything else is stock?!?? including injectors, no intercooler and tuning it with the neo (supposedly ) and were supposed to believe you that your running an 18psi custom pulley?!?? RIIIIIGHT LMAO

someone please knock this guy over his head, so we can bring him back to reality LOL
ok smart guy where u ganna get the internals for it if no one makes them and remember its a supercharger not a turbo .... which means max ull get is what 140-160 hp out of it at high rev only ....man look do this let me finish it and when i show u then u can determan it ... dude 3 days left
Old 10-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Instructor

Probably doesn't even have a TL!

18lbs on a supercharger... WTF!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:31 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Dude same stetup man its exactly the same shit man ..... same charger same belt same adjustment ...the diffecne is i got nice piping and a cooler .... it only changes in the map its all about the tune .......u got a small fn pulley ur getting what 60 whp ? thats fn lame.... when i first installed it was exactly same shit then i changed belt ant pulley thats it .... and the secret is the tune .....ohhh and one more thing call comptech and ask them about junior from the auto parts in jersey they tell u what they seen ....
ummmmm, small fn pulley????

the smaller the pulley, the faster it spins the blower. so your saying your "18psi" is much bigger than the stock one???!??? you got it backwards

LOL!! you have absolutely no idea what you talking about.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:34 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
ummmmm, small fn pulley????

the smaller the pulley, the faster it spins the blower. so your saying your "18psi" is much bigger than the stock one???!??? you got it backwards

LOL!! you have absolutely no idea what you talking about.
small meaning low boost man dude u have fn idea how it goes around here...... dude all my people have fast boosted car we have our own dynos ...8.9 second b series bubbles comeon man just wait and c
Old 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
E55>>>TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
curious to see the final result.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
damn cant wait!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Pro

Maybe he figured out a way to get the "100hp" chip from ebay to work with his 18lb supercharger....

Its really difficult to read his posts and its humorous that he replies like 3 times in a row.

But hey I cant wait to see pics.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

This is for those dumb people eho think they no everything and that 18 and 16 and 20 lb pulleys dont exist and have no idea what their doing ......

look whare it says all the way from 6spi to 21 psi ............damn u people are fn dumb
Old 10-15-2008, 02:51 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Old 10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
I have car ADD

but that dont mean anything to us.... just take a picture now... cell phone, camera whatever....we dont need to see dyno or tune #'s... just a pic, of the blower installed, on a 3.5L

Also, you said you have a FMIC ??? THEY DONT FIT BEHIND THE STOCK TL BUMPER

Only ACCURATEin has one, and he has a custom versus bumper

Kennedy and 04accordcpe KNOW THEIR SH*T!!!

04accordcpe did a J32A3 swap on his accord, tuned it at CHURCH, custom radiator.... making like 330+ whp...with a TL Blower... i trust his advice...

and Kennedy installed his own S/C... so these guys are no fools

Last edited by BLACKURA_NY; 10-15-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Pro

This is for those dumb people eho think they no everything and that 18 and 16 and 20 lb pulleys dont exist and have no idea what their doing ......

look whare it says all the way from 6spi to 21 psi ............damn u people are fn dumb
Dude no one said there is no such thing as a 18lb high boost pulley, we just said that is not possible for a high compression engine with stock internals on a roots style SC.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY

fixed

but that dont mean anything to us.... just take a picture now... cell phone, camera whatever....we dont need to see dyno or tune #'s... just a pic, of the blower installed, on a 3.5L

Also, you said you have a FMIC ??? THEY DONT FIT BEHIND THE STOCK TL BUMPER

Only ACCURATEin has one, and he has a custom versus bumper

Kennedy and 04accordcpe KNOW THEIR SH*T!!!

04accordcpe did a J32A3 swap on his accord, tuned it at CHURCH, custom radiator.... making like 330+ whp...with a TL Blower... i trust his advice...

and Kennedy installed his own S/C... so these guys are no fools

look i dont care if they no their things that dont concern me .... i only care about whatever im working on rite now and just like my 95 acura legend all u people doubted me and at the end u all ate ur own words .....anyway i just proved u theres pulleys from 6psi to 21psi so i guess ur boys dont no shit after all ..............
Old 10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I have car ADD

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
Dude no one said there is no such thing as a 18lb high boost pulley, we just said that is not possible for a high compression engine with stock internals on a roots style SC.
Dead right..... that kinda boost needs some serious internal work done... rods, pistons ... you name it... the TL can barely handle the 9lb pulley.. and the few members who've had it, blew their engine..... you will need a FMIC, and quite frankly, the piping and install is very complex......

Also, if you have piping ... tells us about schematics.. did you run it out of the block from the precats? did you reroute it from the s/c elbow?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
B A N N E D AcUrAPimP121

and one more thing about the cooler i have a the tl type s kit on it so i have alot of room to pace it.............
Old 10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I have car ADD

i'm sure there are these type of pulleys, but you cant run it on the TL w/ the S/C... you will put your car on the dyno, pull it, and blow your engine.... without a doubt... my

Quick Reply: 3.5 Supercharged