2007 TL-S Mods to Perform

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:16 AM
Hacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2007 TL-S Mods to Perform

I just received my NBP TLS from the dealer, and have the following mods planned:

- 3M's BC-35 Tint on Sides and CS-35 on Rear Window w/ Moleskin
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- Thermoblock Spacers
- Stock Resonator Replaced with Dynomax Resonator
- 1kW Inverter Power System (provides 110AC wall outlets)

These are all relatively simple mods that don't cost a lot to do. However, I am still left with a couple questions, that I'm hoping the reader can answer(or at least give their opinion on):

1. What specialized tools will I need for the CAI and TB Spacers? I have only recently gotten into cars and only have regular household tools(hammer, pliers, etc)

2. I'd love a deeper sound that the Dynomax Resonator provides, but am not interested in making the car especially loud. Would it be worth replacing the resonator, but leaving in the mid-muffler? Or would the existence of the mid-muffler filter out the deep tones I am trying to get?

3. I am one the fence about installing a UR Crank Pulley. At around $200 plus labor, is this mod really worth it? I've read some threads about it, but am getting mixed responses. Simple speaking, I want it to be worth the money if I do it.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, I have learned quite a lot from this forum and very well may be ordering from some of the vendors here. You guys rock!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Juno
I just received my NBP TLS from the dealer, and have the following mods planned:

- 3M's BC-35 Tint on Sides and CS-35 on Rear Window w/ Moleskin
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- Thermoblock Spacers
- Stock Resonator Replaced with Dynomax Resonator
- 1kW Inverter Power System (provides 110AC wall outlets)

These are all relatively simple mods that don't cost a lot to do. However, I am still left with a couple questions, that I'm hoping the reader can answer(or at least give their opinion on):

1. What specialized tools will I need for the CAI and TB Spacers? I have only recently gotten into cars and only have regular household tools(hammer, pliers, etc)

2. I'd love a deeper sound that the Dynomax Resonator provides, but am not interested in making the car especially loud. Would it be worth replacing the resonator, but leaving in the mid-muffler? Or would the existence of the mid-muffler filter out the deep tones I am trying to get?

3. I am one the fence about installing a UR Crank Pulley. At around $200 plus labor, is this mod really worth it? I've read some threads about it, but am getting mixed responses. Simple speaking, I want it to be worth the money if I do it.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, I have learned quite a lot from this forum and very well may be ordering from some of the vendors here. You guys rock!
Get a flat head screwdriver, 10, 12 and 14mm sockets and a 3/8" ratchet and you could practically take about half of any Honda vehicle. The pulley should be installed professionally and it is worth it.

PM me if you need the spacers or CAI. We stock them.