Yet Another Tweeter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet Another Tweeter Thread

First and Foremost thanks to Adobeman & Stew4hd and anyone else, for the directions, sheets, etc.

In replacing my tweets, I quickly realized what Adobeman was referring to with his PCB Pin solution, I also realized I had no PCB or pins lying around, and lastly referring back to the "big 'ol woofer & tiny tweeter thread, I realized the mid-sized hands were going to have a BIT*H of a time trying to splice into the "snot's length" of wire Acura provided. It dawned on me, this would be simple if only we could use the Accura plug with our new tweeter...

Note this WILL destroy the old tweeter (not that they're worth much). Once you have removed the tweeter from the dash, separate it from the tweeter housing. Hot glue the new tweeter in the housing. There are enought threads on this part already.

Now, Separate the old tweeter, you'll see where the plastic housing joins together, you'll hear some cracking as you separate (break) the OLD tweeter in half (top and bottom).

We want the 1/2 with the pin receptor. From that 1/2 remove the rest of the tweeter so that all that is left is the circular ring and the little capacitor, now it's time for Mr. Soldering Iron. The capacitor separates easily after a little heating up. REMEMBER WHICH SIDE OF THE PLUG THE CAP WAS ON AS THAT IS THE + SIDE. Now we have the Accura tweeter plug just waiting for us to solder the the new tweeter wires to.

This method allowed me to do all the work (shortening the wires that came with the tweeter, wrapping them up, attaching them to the tweeters, etc) at my desk, then just go to the car, plug them in and test them out.

Also this works equally as well for the center speaker, drill out the little rivet, and the speaker plug comes loose, apply soldering iron and you can detach / and reattach the wire to your center channel. (pay attention to the polarity as once you separate the plug you will not be able to tell which + and which is - (if you holding the detached speaker plug with the "key / notch" up the + is the left side)).
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Additionally

I'm not sure if this is OK, but I have 1 infinity center speaker FS in the black market.

Thanks