XM trial period

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM trial period

Hi,

I picked up my car on Sept 17, and the XM was already working in it. In fact, I test drove it on Sept 5, and it was working then, too. I spent about 20 minutes at the dealer when I picked it up, and didn't sign anything related to XM.

Now my XM is still working, and I'm thinking about signing up for the $60 promotion, but I'm wondering what's up with the subscription. Is it still under the dealer's name? Do they automatically transfer it to me? Should XM have contacted me by mail or phone by now? Should I just wait and see what happens?
Old 11-09-2004, 03:42 PM
I Want CD Text for 35k

you dont have to sign anything related to XM. when you pick up the car the dealership will activate it for you and put your purchase date as your start date. if you want to continue after 3 months you will have to call and give your ID code, or it will automatically shut off.

if you like XM i would jumpo on the $60 deal while you still can. i picked up my TL 2 weeks ago and already signed up for the $60. extended as of January 24th.

<if this post helped you please add to my reputation by clicking the scale under my username>
Old 11-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Cruisin'

on the purchase of your TL!!!

XM was working in the TL I test drove and on the one I eventually purchased.

When I called the main number for XM about the $60 deal, it was about 3 days after delivery. XM already had my info from Acura. I told the agent that I just purchased the Acura TL with XM and asked if the $60 deal was still available. The agent asked my name and address and found me in the XM subscriber database.

He then said they were extending the $60 deal to OEM and he'd be glad do give me the offer. He offered to extend past the trial. So basically I have the 3 months free and then the 12 months @ $60 kicks in.

I have said in another thread, I think it is just a matter of who answers the phone at XM as to the ease of getting the offer. Say that it is your understanding that the offer is extended to OEM.

Be polite, but don't take no for an answer...... Good Luck!!
Old 11-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kid
you dont have to sign anything related to XM. when you pick up the car the dealership will activate it for you and put your purchase date as your start date. if you want to continue after 3 months you will have to call and give your ID code, or it will automatically shut off.

if you like XM i would jumpo on the $60 deal while you still can. i picked up my TL 2 weeks ago and already signed up for the $60. extended as of January 24th.
But doesn't XM contact you at some point to renew?
Old 11-11-2004, 03:38 PM
I Want CD Text for 35k

Originally Posted by underdog_RENAMED2
But doesn't XM contact you at some point to renew?
they may. i never got to that point. i have had the car for three weeks and extended a week ago. if you like it, and want to continue the service, i would jump on the $60 deal now.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Instructor

I purchased my Silver/Ebony 5AT Nav TL end of Sept 2004. I just called to subscribe to XM and I also rec'd the $60.00 for 1 year deal. It was simple!! XM is the best! (So is my TL..I love my car!)
Old 11-11-2004, 09:40 PM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just call XM and open an account in ur name, they'll ask for ur radio id and so on. Its really simple dont be overhwelmed, i think their 1800 number shows on the preview channels too (i think), let us know how it goes, yeah insist on the 60 $ subscription its really worth it.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:21 PM
8th Gear

I called XM on 11/13 to obtain the $60 per year extension. I was informed that this was a special promotion for a small group of select subscribers who had let their subscription lapse. I told them that I had a promotion number. They said this number is available on the internet (how shocking) and not valid for me. When I pushed the issue she said even if she allowed me to use the promotion, it would be cancelled by her supervisor. Unfortunately, looks like I will have to wait until my trial ends before I call again and request teh offer.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Advanced

OK, well what I'm really trying to find out is if XM will ever contact you if you just drive the car off the lot (with XM working already and not signing anything XM related). Will you just get 3 months and one day it will cut out? No mailers telling you to continue your subscription?