XM Radio, what's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 01:07 AM
I make Boom Boom in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Radio, what's the deal?

Sorry if this is a repost question.

I've had my 05 TL for 1.5 weeks and the XM radio doesn't work when I use the knob to change channels (can't get past channel 1). At first I had like over 200 channels, then today I got only channels 20-29. Then later this evening I couldn't use the knob to get out of channel 1 (preview channel). I used the voice command and it works fine, but I still can't use the knob to change channels. I could not even set preset XM channels even when I did get the full XM channels. Everytime I started my car I lose all my presets for XM. What's the deal? I thought I was supposed to get 3 months free. Do I need to call XM to set this up or just continue using voice command.

What happens after your free 3 months is up? Do you not get any channels besides preview? Does using voice command bypass this? I'm a cheap bastard and if I can continue getting XM for free, I wanna stretch it out as long as I can.

Can anyone give me some help, por favor?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Go Giants!!

Originally Posted by txathlete
Sorry if this is a repost question.

I've had my 05 TL for 1.5 weeks and the XM radio doesn't work when I use the knob to change channels (can't get past channel 1).

Check to see what "mode you are in, you can be in either "Channel" or "Category". If you are in category then the knob only changes stations within that category (say you are on channel 6 and set to "Category", the knob will only cycle through the station in the category decades). My guess is that you are in Category and station 1 is the only one in that. W/the Nav you can change category by pressing the Mode button on the screen, I don't know how to change on non-Nav

At first I had like over 200 channels, then today I got only channels 20-29.

I would guess same problem as above

Then later this evening I couldn't use the knob to get out of channel 1 (preview channel). I used the voice command and it works fine, but I still can't use the knob to change channels. I could not even set preset XM channels even when I did get the full XM channels. Everytime I started my car I lose all my presets for XM. What's the deal?

Don't know about that one...has always worked fine for me.

I thought I was supposed to get 3 months free. Do I need to call XM to set this up or just continue using voice command.

What happens after your free 3 months is up? Do you not get any channels besides preview? Does using voice command bypass this? I'm a cheap bastard and if I can continue getting XM for free, I wanna stretch it out asp long as I can.

After the 3 months you get nothing on XM. The choice is very personnal if you want to keep it. XM has a deal now that you can get a year at 1/2 price ($60), search the threads for details

Can anyone give me some help, por favor?

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2004, 01:37 AM
I make Boom Boom in

Thanks. I must be a moron b/c I am sure it was probably that I was in category mode. But the preset stuff bugs the hell out of me. I set 6 XM channels in XM1 (I know there are XM1 and XM2) and when I start the car and press one of the presents on the navi, it goes straight to channel 1 and I lose all my presets. WTF?
Old 12-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Go Giants!!

txathlete:
Can't help you with that one. Did the "mode" settting fix your other problem? With mine it doesn't matter what mode I'm in my presets always work and I've never lost them. If it's not something obvious then go right back to the dealer.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Your station presets are also geared to which driver key you use. If you set them for driver 1 & use the driver 2 key you will lose them.