Wierd Display Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006 | 11:52 AM
10th Gear

Lightbulb Wierd Display Behavior

My 04 TL has developed a little annoying habit - and I'm wondering why - perhaps someone here might have the answer.

Over the past week or so, my display settings do not stay the same between each time I turn the car on and off.

For example, I use the "auto" setting on my Navigation system which corresponds with the display either being set at "Max" (which equates with day time on the Navi), or less which corresponds with night.

This morning, I pressed the display maximum, and the navi went to daytime - I then shut off the car when I went to get coffee - came back, and it reverted back to the night time mode. I had to hit the max button again to have the navi return to daytime display.

Any ideas why my settings won't hold? Is it a fuse? If so, any idea which one?

Thanks for your responses.
Old 05-22-2006 | 12:42 PM
Safety Car

Hmm... A few things control the brightness of the navi screen.

1. Are you using different key fobs each time? The car saves the settings for each of the key fobs.

2. Is you dash set to MAX? If so, no matter what the navi setting is, it should display as daytime (which yours isn't).

3. Are your headlights on? With a setting of Auto on the navi, the display will switch to night mode when the lights are on, and then daytime when lights are off.

Old 05-22-2006 | 02:55 PM
10th Gear

I use the same Key fob each time - I actually use only one of the two I received when I purchased it.

The dash is set to MAX -

I always drive with my lights on - I feel it's safer and I know not everyone agrees - but I do it because I feel safer.

I get in, turn the car on, turn the lights on - and then I have to hit MAX each and every time. I want to remain at MAX even when I shut the car off.

I don't touch the Options in the NAVI - it is and has for the last 6 months remained at AUTO for the display. Regardless of whether my headlights are on or not, I found that the MAX inside makes the difference between whether the display in on daytime or nighttime - not the headlights. It's a dumb workaround - but it does work well for me.

Originally Posted by datmrman
Hmm... A few things control the brightness of the navi screen.

1. Are you using different key fobs each time? The car saves the settings for each of the key fobs.

2. Is you dash set to MAX? If so, no matter what the navi setting is, it should display as daytime (which yours isn't).

3. Are your headlights on? With a setting of Auto on the navi, the display will switch to night mode when the lights are on, and then daytime when lights are off.