Where to install BT45-ACU in 08 TLS

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Ticklethelights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to install BT45-ACU in 08 TLS

Hello, Just bought a BT45-ACU. It will be installed in a 08 TLS. I need to use the BT phone feature along with audio. ( My HFL has burned up) Like so many others. Has anyone installed one of these? Where do you place the unit ( up in front of car/in the trunk?) before you run the Mic? The Mic cable Doesn`t look long enough to run from the trunk to the front of the car. Just looking for ideas.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
The forum where you originally posted, the AcuraZine User Help, Support & Suggestions Area , is meant for problems, comments, and suggestions for the website itself, so I moved your thread to the car specific forum applicable to your vehicle.

This was explained in the sticky thread at the top of that forum, or click here if you can't find it, which will explain why you shouldn't have posted your thread there.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Ticklethelights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bt45-acu

Thank you.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to install this item on a 08 TLS?

Thank you
Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If not the trunk you'll have to put it behind the radio directly into the XM slot.. I've heard it mentioned as "installation B."
Old 07-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by obmkm2
Thank you.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to install this item on a 08 TLS?

Thank you
dont have this product but something similar... Grom Audio
I placed my unit right under the center console cubby/shifter area near where your right knee would rest in the driver side seat

watch this youtube vid and goto the 3min mark... you'll see this the space im talking about... theres just enough space to tuck your unit right into the empty slot, easy to get to and a perfect place to keep hidden yet easy enough to access the unit with just a flat head.. shouldnt take more than 3 or 4 minutes to get to once you've done it a couple times.. first time may take a little longer if you've never took apart your center console

Last edited by champaned_out; 07-10-2017 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
The directions say mount it in the trunk and that the mic cord should be long enough. I am not sure where else you could mount it.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I just put mine in today and after re-reading your original post ignore my previous comment, lol.

It does have to be installed in the trunk with the XM receiver. It's easy to get to, took me about 10 mins all together.
The microphone gets further than I had anticipated but you will have to have the actual unit as far forward in the trunk as possible.

Putting mine just laying near the XM unit and sloppily running the mic wire through the ski opening and along the back seat and driver-side floor board, I got it where I could've mounted it at the driver air vent. Had I done it more carefully, I think I could've gone further. Another person wired it more carefully and got it up enough to put it above the vent. Honestly, running the mic is going to be the toughest part of the install to get it far enough forward and all that.

I'll take another stab at it when I have more time this weekend.