what to do ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
what to do ?

I have a nice system installed cdt components front some midrange speakers back and a boston g5 12" sealed front firing while being sealed off from the trunk. It does sound good but certain songs like rock suck in my opinion... now the whole thing changes when i lower my front windows... i get much better extension from the sub and it hits deeper. The components sound much better with the windows down... like if the were more relaxed... just sound more natural...

when i close the windows the whole another story

I am using alpine pdx amps 600.1 400.4

what can i do to improve my sound while the windows are closed
Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
better sub woofer enclosure...you're getting a large amount of cancellation at certain freq...especially since the acutal sub box in combination with the front ported portion you generated by seperating the sub from the trunk...without the appropriate calculations for the port...IE your armrest is not tuned to the enclosure diemensions...it will sound like ass...you've basically made a half ass band pass...but first try reversing the polarity on the sub...also are you using any processor? IE cleansweep,360. etc?

-Jason

Here's my solution that i've designed and built just for the TL's...4th order bandpass for 2 12w6v2's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9vwq_umz8

Check out my thread for more info...
Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 AM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Your glass seems about to bust lol Have you tighten all you bolts :P
Old 03-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CSWBiggs
better sub woofer enclosure...you're getting a large amount of cancellation at certain freq...especially since the acutal sub box in combination with the front ported portion you generated by seperating the sub from the trunk...without the appropriate calculations for the port...IE your armrest is not tuned to the enclosure diemensions...it will sound like ass...you've basically made a half ass band pass...but first try reversing the polarity on the sub...also are you using any processor? IE cleansweep,360. etc?

-Jason

Here's my solution that i've designed and built just for the TL's...4th order bandpass for 2 12w6v2's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9vwq_umz8

Check out my thread for more info...
my box is a single 12" sealed which kind of looks like yours in the front, i build around the box to seal it off from the trunk so that everything is being pushed towards the front as i was thinking that was the cancelation cause. Now any way i tryed to build the box i still get that window effect, i dont need it to be that loud but i need it to sound as best as it can. Sometimes i have a feeling that the stock sounded much better, better midbass extension and was much easier on the ears. Maybe a 12" is not something im looking for but then again when i lower the windows the whole thing sounds ten times better. sucks for me that i never had a chance to listen to anybodys else system in the TL.

im using a 3sixty1 processor and i dont like it really, it says i would get around 5v output signal but when i have to set the gains on my alpine pdx 600.1 i have to turn the switch input for 0.1 to 1 volt otherwise i would have to turn the gain output on the amp much higher then usually.

to be honest it seem like im getting a lot of cancelation. i put so much time into this and by now spend some good money on it too but im not yet satisfied. I always had bad experience by talking to somebody from an audioplace since it seems like that they know less then me and are really focues to make it sound loud rather then having it all nicely balenced while everything is still very powerful.

im also thinking of an aftermarket unit...

if you could help me out a little that would be great

Last edited by BukvaMan; 03-08-2009 at 12:08 PM.