W600i won't pair with '04 TL

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W600i won't pair with '04 TL

I just got a phone to try out before it was to be certified for release and it will not pair with my TL. After having problems with the S710a, I figured I'd give this one a shot, but its worse.

During the pairing process it finds "HandsFreeLink TM" and says adding without asking for a pairing code. The phone just stays on the "Adding" screen but nothing happens and the car eventually says the pairing process timed out or something like that.

I have to restart the phone since it stays stuck in pairing. I think the problem is with the phone since it had problems pairing with my headset (Motorola HS-810). It asked me for the pairing code and then just stayed stuck on adding. The headset flashed to confirm it paired and after restarting the phone, the headset was on the list.

Hopefully they fix this before releasing the phone... It is a nice phone smaller than the S710a but with no memory stick expansion slot. I just need to replace my S710a since Acura told me they can't do anything now that the phone is no longer compatible.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Instructor

It works...

I got another W600i and this one is considered a production version.

I tried making several call via the HFL and it works fine with my '04 TL. No stuttering or "holes" in the sound.

Just wanted to let you guys know if you were considering this phone.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Drifting

On your W600i, did it have yellow LEDs on the keypad? If so, that would be a prototype or test model. What is the firmware on your production model? Is it R7B040? Also, there is a known history for Motorola headsets and Sony Ericsson phones not to talk to each other. I haven't looked any further into this cause I rarely test out motrola headsets anyway. W600i is a great phone. I was at a Sony Ericsson conference a week ago and the W600i is very promising. I like the fact that the future of Sony Ericsson lays with quad and phones with bluetooth for midrange. can't wait to see what they have in store for the upper range phones. SE is planning 16 new handsets next year and I bet many of them will be GSM/3G phones.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Instructor

sure maybe you got a bad one
Old 11-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mobilezen
On your W600i, did it have yellow LEDs on the keypad? If so, that would be a prototype or test model. What is the firmware on your production model? Is it R7B040? Also, there is a known history for Motorola headsets and Sony Ericsson phones not to talk to each other. I haven't looked any further into this cause I rarely test out motrola headsets anyway. W600i is a great phone. I was at a Sony Ericsson conference a week ago and the W600i is very promising. I like the fact that the future of Sony Ericsson lays with quad and phones with bluetooth for midrange. can't wait to see what they have in store for the upper range phones. SE is planning 16 new handsets next year and I bet many of them will be GSM/3G phones.
I think it did have yellow LEDs on the keypad. And yes it was a prototype. I was told that the phone was tested and ready to be certified so I wanted to try it with the TL, but after all those problems I told them it didn't work.

They did some tests and figured the problem was with the older prototype hardware not the units firmware. So they gave me "production" hardware to try with the latest firmware, I think it was R7B040, sorry can't confirm since the phone is at work right now. It paired flawlessly with the TL, the Motorola headset, my desktop and Pocket PC. The phone should be in the Canadian market anytime now from what I was told.

pughater, yes I got a bad one at first.