A video showing everyone why you need the navigation option..Add ons!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Liquidflex81
but hey who cares i'm a jealous non navi tl driver remember?
Yes. You've already stated your opinion, and no one cares. Jealousy.. lol

Sweet setup! I dont have any kids, but I would imagine TVs in the back must be REALLY nice for you and most def for your son. The next best thing is to find some way to integrate Ipod videos to the Nav screen, that would be realllly sweet.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, get a hint.. he obviously is sick of hearing about your worthless opinion.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Originally Posted by Nova_GTS
Dude, get a hint.. he obviously is sick of hearing about your worthless opinion.
obviously not,, did you see how many times he had to quote me... from one post i made,, i must have struck a nerve oops
Old 01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

someone please tell me the crime i committed, moderators, last time i checked this is a message board where you can have your own opinion on whatever anyone has to post.. positive or negative,, correct?
i guess some people just don't have a thick skin,, i'll walk on eggshells for now on does that make ya feel better?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Intermediate

Where'd you pick up the Nav-2-Go and backup cam?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
you posted a video of your hacked up interior,, do you think everyone on this board was/is going to like it?

don't like my opinion? oh well lol who are you to me i don't care , you take the good , you take the bad, that's the facts of life haha

far far far from jealous elegant type s, next galaxy far...

171 for new headrests.. correct me if i'm wrong,, your still losing money here... and re selling the dvd monitors, plug and play stuff, your never gonna see your money back on that in 2 years,, heck in 6 months the electronics in the headrests will be obsolete, you'll be takin a ride back to circuit city soon i'm sure...

Who puts on less than 10k miles a year on his ride,,, i appriciate the value of my car very much, this is why i don't do the things i see on youtube to my car. Cutting headrests, drilling holes in my center console for a switch, ack the thought of it makes me cringe.

dude why did you join the forum if you dont like takin apart your car ... that is what 90 percent of people do on this forum, people don't spend money on cars as an investment as it continues to depreciate. If thats your idea of a good investment, i am sorry but you will never make any money. The OP is enjoying his car, and has done a damn good job in modding it IMO. People buy cars to drive it, not keep it with the lowest mileage possible and always the thought of having the highest resale value.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
just wanted the add to the OP ... what you did with the nav is awesome
Old 01-03-2009, 08:12 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
you posted a video of your hacked up interior,, do you think everyone on this board was/is going to like it?[/B]

don't like my opinion? oh well lol who are you to me i don't care , you take the good , you take the bad, that's the facts of life haha

171 for new headrests.. correct me if i'm wrong,, your still losing money here... and re selling the dvd monitors, plug and play stuff, your never gonna see your money back on that in 2 years,, heck in 6 months the electronics in the headrests will be obsolete, you'll be takin a ride back to circuit city soon i'm sure...
Who puts on less than 10k miles a year on his ride,,, i appriciate the value of my car very much, this is why i don't do the things i see on youtube to my car. Cutting headrests, drilling holes in my center console for a switch, ack the thought of it makes me cringe.
Hacked up interior? Where do you see that? I see two monitors in the headrests which these days is a factory option in many high end cars. Take your liquid ass to the dealer and find out for yourself.......

Jeleaous??? Maybe not of what I have but the fact that I have more skill in my pinky, then you have in your whole body......Here is a thread that you posted about putting fog lights in your car, which I could do with my eyes closed!!!

Your post........

Posts: 225 thanks guys, was just curious,, i would love to do hid fogs but i don't have a dremel or the wiring knowledge of hw to do it.

Your 27 years old and probably own one thing...your TL. Nice car I agree, but far from an investment. I am a little older than you and have done very well in my investments and it has nothing to do with anything on 4 wheels.......Three houses, 401k, cd's, stocks....Maybe you should sit down with your parents and ask them how to invest....You could use a little schooling in that department.

I have 110k on my car. I bought it for one reason, drive from job to job....That's how I make money and every time the car moves, it makes me money....It's called a job and the goverment that pays per mile of use 48 cents per mile...I put a total of 80k on the car...That comes to 38,400 dollars...The car has paid for itself......Look it up little boy....look it up. I am not the type of person who turns a car in every other year. I plan on 300k in my car so who the hell wants a car with that kind of milage, hacked up interior and all?

Originally Posted by Walshstl
Yes. You've already stated your opinion, and no one cares. Jealousy.. lol

Sweet setup! I dont have any kids, but I would imagine TVs in the back must be REALLY nice for you and most def for your son. The next best thing is to find some way to integrate Ipod videos to the Nav screen, that would be realllly sweet.
That has been done....See Elagant's setup as he is doing that now.

Originally Posted by Nova_GTS
Aren't we all getting sick of this Liquid Douche? Maybe he should change his name to Muscle Milk......

obviously not,, did you see how many times he had to quote me... from one post i made,, i must have struck a nerve oops
Yeah your a douche...I have to say and I love quoting you on all of them.....Because every quote you say makes you look dumber than we already think you are. I am not alone here as many of our fellow members here have told you to take a hint.

someone please tell me the crime i committed, moderators, last time i checked this is a message board where you can have your own opinion on whatever anyone has to post.. positive or negative,, correct?
i guess some people just don't have a thick skin,, i'll walk on eggshells for now on does that make ya feel better?
Get lost man! You said what you needed to say now move on.

Originally Posted by funcman
Where'd you pick up the Nav-2-Go and backup cam?
The company is located in Brooklyn, NY. Look them up in the Black Market. Got it for 150 with the PNP harness. The backup cam is a wendy's back up cam from E-bay. Search as many of us have done this mod.

Originally Posted by VQPower37
just wanted the add to the OP ... what you did with the nav is awesome

VQpower, thanks for putting Liquid Douche in his place and thanks for giving me props on the setup that is loosing value everyday....lol.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by VQPower37
dude why did you join the forum if you dont like takin apart your car ... that is what 90 percent of people do on this forum, people don't spend money on cars as an investment as it continues to depreciate. If thats your idea of a good investment, i am sorry but you will never make any money. The OP is enjoying his car, and has done a damn good job in modding it IMO. People buy cars to drive it, not keep it with the lowest mileage possible and always the thought of having the highest resale value.
really, you never heard of a car collector?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:19 PM
LiQuiDFleX81

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mmade22
Hacked up interior? Where do you see that? I see two monitors in the headrests which these days is a factory option in many high end cars. Take your liquid ass to the dealer and find out for yourself.......

Jeleaous??? Maybe not of what I have but the fact that I have more skill in my pinky, then you have in your whole body......Here is a thread that you posted about putting fog lights in your car, which I could do with my eyes closed!!!

Your post........

Posts: 225 thanks guys, was just curious,, i would love to do hid fogs but i don't have a dremel or the wiring knowledge of hw to do it.

Your 27 years old and probably own one thing...your TL. Nice car I agree, but far from an investment. I am a little older than you and have done very well in my investments and it has nothing to do with anything on 4 wheels.......Three houses, 401k, cd's, stocks....Maybe you should sit down with your parents and ask them how to invest....You could use a little schooling in that department.

I have 110k on my car. I bought it for one reason, drive from job to job....That's how I make money and every time the car moves, it makes me money....It's called a job and the goverment that pays per mile of use 48 cents per mile...I put a total of 80k on the car...That comes to 38,400 dollars...The car has paid for itself......Look it up little boy....look it up. I am not the type of person who turns a car in every other year. I plan on 300k in my car so who the hell wants a car with that kind of milage, hacked up interior and all?

That has been done....See Elagant's setup as he is doing that now.

Aren't we all getting sick of this Liquid Douche? Maybe he should change his name to Muscle Milk......

Yeah your a douche...I have to say and I love quoting you on all of them.....Because every quote you say makes you look dumber than we already think you are. I am not alone here as many of our fellow members here have told you to take a hint.
Get lost man! You said what you needed to say now move on.
clap clap clap
and yawn
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why do you continue Liquid? Just visit another thread man. Nobody is siding with you; you're just looking for some sympathy, and nobody is going to feel bad for you. A lot of what these people do is improving their cars, not hacking it up. He just improved his drives by putting TVs in the back. Look at how many kids watch TV today. It is just smart. You don't put HIDs on for looks do you? It actually improves visibility...TVs improved ride comfort. It's common sense that he would put those TVs on his car.

Take a loss, sorry brother.

By the way, props on the work mmade22.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Liquidflex81, you really suck, dood. What is wrong with you?

OP: Nice video and mods!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Well i like it i will definitely Do this mod as ai plan to keep this car till it dies but, i will install the Myron & Davis dvd player instead. Nice Job mmade22.

As for the non navi car are always going to be worth less when compared to a Navi TL with the same amount of milege as the non navi and, the same year of course.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm new to this site, but was apart of an old site for eights with my Oldsmobile and have seen too many of these guys. He's just an instigator, bitter about what he can't do so he bashes on those who can. 27 yrs old and concerned about resale value? I bet you only order from the 99 cent menus, too. He offers nothing to this thread, and he will keep doing say if you keep responding to him. You're not gonna beat any common sense into his head that God undoubtedly left out himself as a joke. Just ignore him and he'll dissipate like a fart in the wind.

Great vid, mmade
Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Awesome job mmade22 <~~~ though it should be 33... LoL.. j/k. I just recently starting doing my video conversion for my iPhone integration on my navi. Got the Dom, rear camera, and video with ipod function to play but I dont have the track name and stuff like you have done which is awesome! I just need to get the rear monitors put in when the weather gets better. No DVD player yet, still debating, right now all audio, video off of my iphone, along with you tube... LoL.

Anyways good job bro!
Dom Nav Converter
Pie Aux Converter

Is that all you need for ipod video integration? Read that Valor iLink works too but has alot of problems.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Alright lets all just ignore liquidenvy or else, he's going to get this thread closed so I urge everyone not to respond to him or quote him anymore, that goes to the OP as well, let him rant, we all know his opinion and he knows what we think of him, and lets leave it at that. We keep quoting and responding, this thread will get closed.

Ne wayz moving on... to the person who wanted to know how to get videos off the ipod/iphone I used the
1. DOM converter
2. PIE X3
3. 15' of Monster Composite Video Cable
4. Apple Cable AV Composite Cable (expensive) Link

5. Griffin Power Jolt Car Charger

6. Radio Shack Composite video Coupler

Don't buy those cheap cables off of eBay because they don't work. Ne wayz, result is audio and music from your ipod/iphone 3g plus car charging which seems to be a big problem with the new kits, however no track name or steering wheel control of your playlist. That's the sacrifice. So I guess its not 100% but to me its acceptable. I'll make another thread on that shortly so not to hijack this thread more than I already did... lol... sorry mmade22
Old 01-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Nice do you have a link to the interface?

you posted a video of your hacked up interior,, do you think everyone on this board was/is going to like it?

Someone please buy this guy some pussy.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Sorry guys, I meant to say the result is Audio and VIDEO from the ipod/iphone. I said audio and music... lol... what a retard I am.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM
200,000 mile club

Nice setup Elegant.....Your right and I don't want this thread closed either.

I have been getting a couple of PM's with questions of where they can get the different units. Here is the last PM with links to both the NAV2GO and the link for the I-simple unit. The I-simple unit can be bought at Best Buy...

Note to all 07-08 TYPE-S owners with Nav traffic, they are coming out with a harness for your cars in the very near future from what I have red.

The NAV-2-GO gives you the video and backup camera feature and thats it. The nav-2-go is usually sold by a vendor in the black market but here is his info from the black market on the scond page....

The plug and play mod will be $200 . Feel free to call me at 718-763-7367.
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

The I-simple unit gives you the Ipod functions and the Aux inputs.... I got mine from this site

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1116
Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ur such a new yorker...

love the way you tied everything together
Old 01-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Instructor

DUDE....WHy you hating on the man?? sounds like you need a hug??,or better yet sum A$$! LMAO
Old 01-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Whats done with Liquid and the other members is done. Leave it alone and start fresh. any more posts on it will be deleted.

to the OP, its a very nice setup you have there, a big to you.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Advanced

OP, this setup is just SICK!! That video is awesome. I have a stock 06 with nav and have not done anything to it. This will be my first mod! Thank you Thank you!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

Originally Posted by saintv90
OP, this setup is just SICK!! That video is awesome. I have a stock 06 with nav and have not done anything to it. This will be my first mod! Thank you Thank you!
Good luck, dooders! These mods are very easy to do on your own and you'll really enjoy the outcome. I wired my PIE to the center console. Also, I had to take some more of the center radio out--I don't know how you guys can fit your hands back behind the radio? I removed as little as I could but even my tiny gf couldn't manipulate the wire harnesses without my removing more of the radio to create a little more space. Also, be careful not to jiggle stuff too much: I'm having to tear my dash down again next week to fix all the light bulbs I managed to knock out of place during my manipulations. Also, make sure to update your PIE before you stuff it under your dash. That is yet another thing I have to do next week. I also recommend that you purchase Peripheral stuff from a place that accepts returns. I got an HD radio from them on Ebay (just for the hell of it), it didn't work and they wouldn't help me out even for $$. So I had to toss the thing.

Has anyone found a better camera than Wendy's? I have hers and I feel like I'm waiting for it to fail based on everyone's experience here.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

One other suggestion: I am going to add a wire for the video and I'm going to have it input into one of the false bays like the OP did. But I'm keeping my primary Peripheral iPod plugin in my upper center console so that I can keep the text functionality. I have an ipod nano that I can use for music and keep another ipod touch or my iphone in the false bay for watching videos.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:11 PM
200,000 mile club

^^Very nice man, I like how you think!! I may look into Elegants setup down the road for video feed. That looks nice. Any video or pictures of that in action?

Bearcat had mentioned to me there was an App for the I-touch and I-phone to make the unit into a portable dyno, 0-60, hp reading, 1/4 mile etc. I was little skeptical of it until he sent me this link. Check this out......

One more reason to have an I-touch or I-phone in the car.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-DFbJQbeSY
Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Cruisin'

I was wondering do you have any problems with the DVD player skipping since its on that lever.if not can you play it in the upright position and if so what dvd player are you using?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
200,000 mile club

It can be played upright and there are no skipping issues. It cost me 40 bucks and is a cheap audiovox brand. These can be had for next to nothing on E-bay.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

I really wish there was a way to piggy back the connection to the iSimple so this way I can get the track names and steering wheel control + video feed off the iphone. I really looked into this before I went my route. As of now no-one makes a kit like that. One has to be sacrificed. But most people watch videos off of DVD anyways so they might not care for video off the iphone/ipod.

I'm being lazy but I gotta snap some pics soon, plus its cold. If I do add a DVD now, I dont think I can, becase DOM's Unit only has video inputs for 2. So backup camera and iphone leaving me no extra inputs. Is there a way to add more video inputs? I think Kennedy had a device in a previous thread that was a similar unit to Dom's but had both Audio and Video inputs into one device.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Awesome. I wouldn't own a TL without Nav. I am going to install the Nav to DVD converter and a DVD player this spring. I think I will also mount the DVD player in the back armrest. I was thinking also of maybe mounting the DVD player in the center console.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
05 TL 6MT

Ok, thats totally badass. Bravo. I'm looking to hook my car up in a similar way. I just got my 05 6-speed NAV and already ordered a custom sub enclosure from Travis.

I live in Columbia SC. Any chance you want to help out a neighbor with an install?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
'08 Type S KBP

Awesome setup. I'm waiting for the new iSimple harness to be released before I tackle this one.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Sexiest NBP.. inthemaking

Hey mmade22,

Thats a great setup!
I have something almost identical!

-Doms nav 2 go
-Doms back up camera
-Dice ipod kit
-Ps2Slim

Some Pics of my Setup

Those headrest monitors in the back are dope! nicely done! i like the idea of the dvd player in the arm rest too! I put my ps2slim in my glove box, it a snug fit there and i love it!

Elegant TYPE S,

You know that cable you have right, does it show videos on your navi ? B/c i bought a similar one at bestbuy and for some reason i dunt get video thru my navi with the cable. I have an iPhone 3g, What i did was run my video wire and have it connecting to my ps2slim's video wire in the armrest slot. That way i can add in something else =] but some reason the cable i got didn't supply video for me. i think i bought the component one not composite. ( the component doeskin have the usb )

Btw, everyone just ignore LiquidFlex's comments, We buy our cars to enjoy since we have to drive it everyday, who cares what the resale value will be, why bother worrying about that, just enjoy it !
Old 01-05-2009, 04:03 AM
Instructor

that's sweet right there...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 AM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Vinny my man, when are you rolling into town again? I had a cigar when the clock hit 12 am on New Years Day. I thought of my man Vinny.
i appreciate the thought, jon. actually, i had a smooth stogie at the clock's strike on midnight as well.

i should be down the first weekend in march ... SEE YOU AT THE MEET
Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM
05 TL 6MT

Forgot to mention. 8:16am is my FAVORITE 311 song.

Originally Posted by aceman4
Awesome setup. I'm waiting for the new iSimple harness to be released before I tackle this one.
What are the benefits of the new harness?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:15 PM
200,000 mile club

Originally Posted by tabularasa
Ok, thats totally badass. Bravo. I'm looking to hook my car up in a similar way. I just got my 05 6-speed NAV and already ordered a custom sub enclosure from Travis.

I live in Columbia SC. Any chance you want to help out a neighbor with an install?
As many other fellow Aziners here know, I can help you out. You do the drive and I can do the work with you. PM me and nice sub man. I gotta hear that in person

Originally Posted by aceman4
Do you know when the 07-08 Type-S harness will be released?

Originally Posted by OmeGa101
Hey mmade22,

Thats a great setup!
I have something almost identical!

-Doms nav 2 go
-Doms back up camera
-Dice ipod kit
-Ps2Slim

Those headrest monitors in the back are dope! nicely done! i like the idea of the dvd player in the arm rest too! I put my ps2slim in my glove box, it a snug fit there and i love it!

Elegant TYPE S,

You know that cable you have right, does it show videos on your navi ? B/c i bought a similar one at bestbuy and for some reason i dunt get video thru my navi with the cable. I have an iPhone 3g, What i did was run my video wire and have it connecting to my ps2slim's video wire in the armrest slot. That way i can add in something else =] but some reason the cable i got didn't supply video for me. i think i bought the component one not composite. ( the component doeskin have the usb )

Btw, everyone just ignore LiquidFlex's comments, We buy our cars to enjoy since we have to drive it everyday, who cares what the resale value will be, why bother worrying about that, just enjoy it !
That is a really sweet setup right there. I have an aux input on the monitors in the back that we can hook the PS2 up too. Very nice setup you have and keep it up!!!

Originally Posted by ac-n-up
that's sweet right there...
Thanks.

Originally Posted by godfather2
i appreciate the thought, jon. actually, i had a smooth stogie at the clock's strike on midnight as well.

i should be down the first weekend in march ... SEE YOU AT THE MEET
I will put my name on the list as I just found out about it. It will be great to see ya again.

Originally Posted by tabularasa
Forgot to mention. 8:16am is my FAVORITE 311 song.

What are the benefits of the new harness?
That 311 song is a rare and awesome tune. We seem to have similar taste in cars and music.

The harness he is talking about is the soon to be released PNP for the 07-08 Type-S cars with Nav traffic. At this time, there isn't a harness that will work with that year.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Nice set-up! Everything looks great. I don't have the guts to cut into my headrests or arm rest.

I have an in-dash Navi coming this week. Any chance you'd want to help me install it with the bypass? I'll pay... and buy lunch.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:30 PM
05 TL 6MT

As many other fellow Aziners here know, I can help you out. You do the drive and I can do the work with you. PM me and nice sub man. I gotta hear that in person
haha! Thats not my sub. Thats just the picture that Travis has in another thread. I have ordered that sub-box and will be putting my sub in there. Do you not have a sub in your car?

I am at least a month away from taking care of everything on the car that needs to be done before I tackle the sweet navigation setup. I will certainly PM you when i can take a drive up to Charlotte.

What kind of beer do you like?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Unregistered User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
**MOD EDIT** (ggesq) No more comments on OP vs. liquidflex. See csmeance's post above.

To the OP, great setup. I've been fishing around a way to do something similar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can tell...you used the peripheral controller and inputed to the factory nav....then the DVD player inputed to the controller.....then the extra monitors as outputs of the DVD??

That makes sense to me at least. Just want a confirmation I guess.

Last edited by Rob RiL; 01-06-2009 at 03:55 AM.

Quick Reply: A video showing everyone why you need the navigation option..Add ons!!