V710 and Verizon - Quality/usability thread only

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V710 and Verizon - Quality/usability thread only

Wanted to start a thread for those who have already purchased and paired their Verizon V710 phones. Good/bad comments? Just want to hear from everyone on whether it's worth the $249-$400 it'll cost. Any major issues? HFL working okay? etc...keep the purchase type comments on other threads and just talk quality here....sound like a plan?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:06 PM
NBP - Public Relations

Hey I found this on another message board... Verizon withy Bluetooth?! Supposedly its due out fairly soon. Anyone heard about it?

I am thinking of just extending my contract now to get it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Motorola_V71...1.html?tag=tab
Old 08-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fishacura
Wanted to start a thread for those who have already purchased and paired their Verizon V710 phones. Good/bad comments? Just want to hear from everyone on whether it's worth the $249-$400 it'll cost. Any major issues? HFL working okay? etc...keep the purchase type comments on other threads and just talk quality here....sound like a plan?
well I got mine for $149 if you read through the bluetooth subforum on July 30th. Anyways, I've been loving the phone with flawless problems for the first 2 weeks but have been encountering video problems with the phone, and the screen just shutting off on me for no reason recently. Also my phone isn't ringing sometimes when someone calls me and says missed call without ever ringing.. My other phone didn't do this the past 7 years I had the other phone.. none of this has to do with BlueTooth though.. the bluetooth has been working great and am eager for firmware update to see battery and signal strength in the MID display.

I leave the phone in my cup holder and the quality is great on the speakers and the person I'm talking to can hear me fine most the time. I can hear them clearly and turn up the sound so loud to where the entire neighborhood can hear the person on the line and understand them. Granted it's not CD quality! but it's like really good radio quality! There is a one second delay when you answer the phone and you must wait before you say "hello".. like give it 1-2 seconds longer than normal. Also you don't want to talk loudly, it will distort it to them.. Just because they can't hear you doesn't always mean you aren't speaking loud enough.. I keep all windows shut when driving and I sit back comfortably in my seat (I don't try to get near the MIC on the top) and we have a perfect conversation. For some reason people have problems hearing my girlfriend through the bluetooth whether she's driving or is the passenger.. She keeps trying to talk too loudly though when the person on the line is having trouble hearing them. I keep having her sit back and act like she's just talking to me.. Then the person on line can usually hear her fine. Problems can happen when multiple people talk simultaneouly.. not a very effective conference call.

If you are eager for bluetooth phone from Verizon, I think this phone is worth a good $300... I wouldn't pay more than that though and would be worth waiting for it to be cheaper... shouldn't be too long away.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeyK
Hey I found this on another message board... Verizon withy Bluetooth?! Supposedly its due out fairly soon. Anyone heard about it?

god your icon is addicting to watch.. I found myself stuck staring at it repeating a dozen times before I realized it. bet you get that a lot. frigin hypnotizing.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

The v710 is the best Verizon cellphone since the Startac. It is to cellphones what the TL is to automobiles. Fully loaded and ahead of their time.

BJ
Old 08-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MikeyK

OK screw the phone...where can I see more of that girl in white?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fishacura
OK screw the phone...where can I see more of that girl in white?