Using Nav system to watch dvds

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Using Nav system to watch dvds

Hey wats going on i am 20 and in the market to buy an 06 TL. I have an 02 Galant right now and i also have the AVIC-N1. With my AVIC its bypassed so that i can watch tv while i drive as well and operate the NAV System it also has a a/v outs so i can connect my headrest and visor Screens to it i wanna know if the kit that u can get for the TL has a/v outs so that u can connect headrest tv's to it and have the dvds played in the back as well as front. Thanks in advance.

sorry if its a repost.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watch TV while you drive???? Why not just close your eyes while you drive? It will be a lot cheaper and the end result will probably be the same.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I watch the Nets games on my Nav, and only look up when its a time out or half time. lol
Old 02-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
The nets? i'm a pretty diehard knicks fan. But we both drive TL's so no need to joke on how bad we are. we completely understand
Old 02-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Randy is the Future

ok now besides all the sarcasm does anyone have any real answers?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nore03
ok now besides all the sarcasm does anyone have any real answers?
Search the forum and you'll find what you're looking for. This website has what you need for the video component. I use a PIE x3 adapter for the audio component. (I connected my iPod using a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play)

What you're looking to do is illegal in all 50 states and will most definitely get your license suspended if you're caught using it while driving. All it takes is one pissed off motorist with a cell phone to turn you in to the state highway patrol. This isn't an offense that will get you a ticket. It'll get you ARRESTED!

I considered installing the video converter but decided to skip it. It's just not that important. If you want it to show off at car shows or impress your friends, install the device at a reputable shop that will set it up to work only when the car is in park or neutral. That is assuming that you can find a shop willing to take on this liability.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jimmyjet
What you're looking to do is illegal in all 50 states and will most definitely get your license suspended if you're caught using it while driving. All it takes is one pissed off motorist with a cell phone to turn you in to the state highway patrol. This isn't an offense that will get you a ticket. It'll get you ARRESTED!

Good luck!
i HIGHLY doubt it'll get you arrested. i've been let off for MUCH worse things behind the wheel
Old 02-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Randy is the Future

Originally Posted by jimmyjet
Search the forum and you'll find what you're looking for. This website has what you need for the video component. I use a PIE x3 adapter for the audio component. (I connected my iPod using a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play)

I considered installing the video converter but decided to skip it. It's just not that important. If you want it to show off at car shows or impress your friends, install the device at a reputable shop that will set it up to work only when the car is in park or neutral. That is assuming that you can find a shop willing to take on this liability.

Good luck!

well i guess i can say thank u for the advice but like i said i have the tv's in my current car and i have had good luck with it for about a year. i've gotten pulled over once and all they did was give me a warning. but like i said thanks for the concern. i'm young and i guess i'm just in to having fun so it is something i will install. i have tons of friends who are certified to install it so it wont be a problem gettin it installed.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Instructor

Knicks fan? I feel bad for you.

They need to clean house starting with your man Isaiah to have a chance in the next 5 years.

The nets are just one piece away from going far in the playoffs.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jaymd123
i HIGHLY doubt it'll get you arrested. i've been let off for MUCH worse things behind the wheel
I live in Chicago. The cops I've spoken with take driver distraction seriously. You're no longer allowed to hold a cell phone to your head while you're driving - hands free only. (Not a problem in our cars ) How they enforce that law i don't know, but if you have an accident and they can prove you're on the phone, some serious additional penalties apply.

Exactly what is MUCH worse, Jay? Did the cop cite you for getting a hummer while you were cruising the interstate or just insist on watching her finish you off? Did you talk your way out of a DUI? I've driven at feloniously high speeds in all my cars, but I never took my eyes off the road to watch videos! Having a video screen in your dash gives this kid some serious bragging rights but watching it while driving anywhere is just plain foolish.

It's not a serious problem now, but it will be as more and more people add this feature to their cars. Reputable car stereo installers are required to install their equipment in such a way that the driver will not be subject to distraction on a much higher order than changing the station on the radio or adjusting the climate controls.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Instructor

If you, god forbid, kill someone while driving and watching TV you'll be charged with manslaughter and go to jail, not to mention ruining the lifes of many people. Even if you were paying attention and were in a serious accident the police would see your modification and you would be charged, whether you were watching TV or not.

Please be careful since it's not just your life you're playing with.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shaker31280
Knicks fan? I feel bad for you.

They need to clean house starting with your man Isaiah to have a chance in the next 5 years.

The nets are just one piece away from going far in the playoffs.

ditto.........

last nights loss to the mavricks just shows that the team is old, tires, over paid, and doesnt give shit about winning.

I say kick Thomas and his crew out, and get a bunch of new blood, too many 33+ players, and that midget who thinks he can dunk should learn how to use the team to win games, instead of trying to prove something everytime.

sorry just venting. haha
Old 02-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Reckless endangerment. Criminally negligent homicide. Manslaughter. Get used to these terms.

Watching TV while driving is probably the dumbest thing one could do. Being young and just wanting to have fun will not go over well in court.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Racer

Remember its not illegal unless you get caught.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Randy is the Future

ok WELL lets cut all the negativity out cause geez relax. u guys r going crazy. its not that serious. i'll be careful.

oh and that short guy for the knicks is real good the knicks just need a good leader they have a young team thats all.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:05 PM
'05 5AT Anthracite Ebony

Originally Posted by nore03
ok WELL lets cut all the negativity out cause geez relax. u guys r going crazy. its not that serious. i'll be careful.
Famous last words kid. You're rolling the dice. I still think you should have it, but only if it can be viewed while in park.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Enough bashing about the ridiculously dumb practice of watching TV while you drive.

If it was only the moronic driver who would get hurt I would say let him be, but it is innocent people that can also be hurt or killed, so rather than let this thread continue bashing someone not smart enough to accept what you are saying, I will have the last words and close the thread at the same time.

And I would appreciate it if the original poster and anyone else who thinks this is OK do not say anything more in the forums about how cool they think they are.