transfering a call

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transfering a call

I was glad to learn that you could transfer calls to and from your cell phone. One thing that I am not sure is this. If I place a call using my cell phone, as I do not have the number stored in the cars phonebook, I press call and then I tell the car to transfer the call, and the car says there is no "call in progress". Now the weird thing is this. The cell phone says dialing but I cant hear anything through the earpiece such as ringing. On the dash I see "hf-link" in the middle console. I then again tell the car to transfer and again it says no call in progress. At this point I am wondering if the party at the other end of the line is listening to all this BS or does the car only transfer a call once the other party has picked up? Eventually though within 15 to 30 seconds I always hear someone saying "Hello" through the cars system. It seems to me that the transfer only occurs after they pick up but the car does not inform me that they have indeed answered their phone. I can hear it in the other parties voice that the call has somehow made them wonder why I was calling, if you know what I mean, as though I accidentally dialed their number. Maybe I should ask them how long they have been sitting there waiting for me to respond? lol

Any ideas guys how to make the transfer smooth?
Old 06-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Sec's Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by barry stevens
I was glad to learn that you could transfer calls to and from your cell phone. One thing that I am not sure is this. If I place a call using my cell phone, as I do not have the number stored in the cars phonebook, I press call and then I tell the car to transfer the call, and the car says there is no "call in progress". Now the weird thing is this. The cell phone says dialing but I cant hear anything through the earpiece such as ringing. On the dash I see "hf-link" in the middle console. I then again tell the car to transfer and again it says no call in progress. At this point I am wondering if the party at the other end of the line is listening to all this BS or does the car only transfer a call once the other party has picked up? Eventually though within 15 to 30 seconds I always hear someone saying "Hello" through the cars system. It seems to me that the transfer only occurs after they pick up but the car does not inform me that they have indeed answered their phone. I can hear it in the other parties voice that the call has somehow made them wonder why I was calling, if you know what I mean, as though I accidentally dialed their number. Maybe I should ask them how long they have been sitting there waiting for me to respond? lol

Any ideas guys how to make the transfer smooth?

Mine doesn't see a call in progress until the phone goes from "dialing" to "connected". Maybe that's the issue.

Steve
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
From what I have found, you have to transfer the call AFTER it is connected... When it is dialing, the HFL does not recognize it as a call in progress, hence the "no call in progress"
Old 06-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Intermediate

I have a blackberry 8700 and can transfer by using the phone transfer command before it connects. HFL will only transfer once connected.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
3rd Gear

It's nice that you can transfer a call without telling the person you are doing so as well.