Toccata from Organ Symphony No. 5 questions inside.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011 | 07:22 PM
Team Owner

Toccata from Organ Symphony No. 5 questions inside.

So I'm getting addicted to pipe organ music lately. No modern music including rap and r&b synthesized music seems to compare to classical organ music for impact and loooow bass.

Toccata from Organ Symphony No. 5- I've been trying to find how low this goes but can't find any frequencies via google. Anyone have an idea?

If you want to really test out your system, give this a try. The impact and depth is incredible. I played it on my old sealed setup and with my new setup I've found there are a few notes that I did not know were there because the old setup flat out would not play them as if they weren't there.
Old 12-13-2011 | 09:07 PM
Team Owner

Nevermind, it looks like in some places it reaches as low as 16hz. That's probably where the "impact" is coming from, the frequencies you can feel but not hear. This is about the first time I've used up most of the IB15's excursion besides on test tones. Amazing stuff. If anyone has a system that will play it, I suggest you try this stuff out. I'm becoming a classical music nerd lol.
Old 12-21-2011 | 01:35 PM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

Some classic composers (can't remember who) experimented with infrasound- frequencies under 10Hz which humans can't hear, but more like feel with their bodies. I doubt that a car audio system can reproduce that effect
For some good bass, try style appropriately called Drum&Bass. I like artists from Hospital Records, i.e High Contrast, Logistics, Netsky.
Old 12-21-2011 | 03:26 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by gt1
Some classic composers (can't remember who) experimented with infrasound- frequencies under 10Hz which humans can't hear, but more like feel with their bodies. I doubt that a car audio system can reproduce that effect
For some good bass, try style appropriately called Drum&Bass. I like artists from Hospital Records, i.e High Contrast, Logistics, Netsky.
That's the beauty of an infinite baffle setup with a lot of cone area. It will play just about anything until you run out of excursion. It plays 10hz, the roof will flex and you can sense energy in the air but you can't hear it. Around 18-20hz you can begin hearing it. I think that's one thing that makes the organ music so powerful assuming your system can play all required frequencies, along with the really low stuff you can hear, you have the added energy of the stuff you can't hear. I wouldn't suggest any less than a pair of 15s with decent excursion for infrasonics to play at any appreciable volume.
Old 12-22-2011 | 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

If you want to hear some low bass you need to get Eminent Technologies TRW-17 Rotary Subwoofer. They have humans hearing down to 4hz but it requires a tremendous amount of sound pressure. It also costs as much as a new car.
Old 12-22-2011 | 06:45 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by pohljm
If you want to hear some low bass you need to get Eminent Technologies TRW-17 Rotary Subwoofer. They have humans hearing down to 4hz but it requires a tremendous amount of sound pressure. It also costs as much as a new car.
The only problem with that one is every review says transient response is non existent. It's made to make rumbles like earthquakes and shake things without being heard. I bet it adds a ton of impact to movies but it's not for music.

Right now mine will play 15hz which I can't hear but I can sense and feel with a good amount of pressure. It flexes the roof a lot in my heavily deadened TL. The passenger seat back moves quite a bit and unfortunately the rear spoiler but no real volume. The great thing is it requires so little power that I'm running 16ga wire to the subs.
Old 12-23-2011 | 10:05 AM
gt1
` . ' . SUV haterrr

Hey, my car likes to rattle even without application of an infrasound I'll leave it as it is.