TLS Gauge Cluster Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 PM
Ruben T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TLS Gauge Cluster Swap

I just swapped my Acura TL 06 automatic Gauge Cluster with the red Type S model. (Of course like if read in previous forums) it shows the air bag light on. I really don't mind the airbag light at all but for safety purposes I am wondering if the airbag light being on would indicate any dangers. Is it just an indicator light or is it somehow disable the airbags. This maybe a dumb question but I will really like to know?
Also, is there any other reason I would be reading 45 psi on each of my tires? I measured them to be right at 30 or 31 on each tire
Does it mean my sensors are back?
Old 03-22-2016, 11:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ruben Tahsoh
I just swapped my Acura TL 06 automatic Gauge Cluster with the red Type S model. (Of course like if read in previous forums) it shows the air bag light on. I really don't mind the airbag light at all but for safety purposes I am wondering if the airbag light being on would indicate any dangers. Is it just an indicator light or is it somehow disable the airbags. This maybe a dumb
question but I will really like to know?
Also, is there any other reason I would be reading 45 psi on each of my tires? I measured them to be right at 30 or 31 on each tire
Does it mean my sensors are back?
No it doesn't mean danger. All your airbags should be working fine. There is just a wire in the 04-06 cluster that is specifically for the airbag, but on the 07-08 cluster, the airbag indicator is fed through the F Can. It is expecting to see that communication through the F Can but it is not so the light comes on. No real danger just a little annoying light. But I understand where you are coming from like you don't want to get in an accident and no airbag deploys.

04-06<br/>#20 SRS Indicator

07-08 <br/>No SRS Indicator

Last edited by sreed16; 03-23-2016 at 12:36 AM.