AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   Subwoofer Wiring Help! (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/subwoofer-wiring-help-863471/)

AcUraTL125435 07-18-2012 08:39 PM

Subwoofer Wiring Help!

Before anything I would like to let everyone know that I am a complete newbie at audio wiring :tomato:

I have a 12 alpine type R sub and an alpine amp, MRD-M300 and I need help wiring it. I would like to keep everything stock, just add a sub and amp. Also I have read when doing this will the center channel (nav) speaker still work? Will my new amp replace the old one or can I just keep a separate one for the sub?Thanks :thumbsup:

djtsmith007 07-18-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by AcUraTL125435 (Post 13912831)
Before anything I would like to let everyone know that I am a complete newbie at audio wiring :tomato:

I have a 12 alpine type R sub and an alpine amp, MRD-M300 and I need help wiring it. I would like to keep everything stock, just add a sub and amp. Also I have read when doing this will the center channel (nav) speaker still work? Will my new amp replace the old one or can I just keep a separate one for the sub?Thanks :thumbsup:

Search search search
Been done numerous times numerous different ways :toocool:

pohljm 07-18-2012 10:03 PM

disconnect OEM sub take those wires and add a LOC then connect to your amp. Run new power and ground to your amp. May need a signal wire to turn on amp if it doesnt automatically sense the input. If your amp takes speaker level inputs you could do away with the LOC.

but yes! search is your friend. use google search with acurazine in search, search engine on this site is useless.

JD TL-S 07-19-2012 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by pohljm (Post 13912980)
disconnect OEM sub take those wires and add a LOC then connect to your amp. Run new power and ground to your amp. May need a signal wire to turn on amp if it doesnt automatically sense the input. If your amp takes speaker level inputs you could do away with the LOC.

but yes! search is your friend. use google search with acurazine in search, search engine on this site is useless.

^^^ Good Man :)

AcUraTL125435 07-19-2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pohljm (Post 13912980)

Thanks but couldn't this potentially harm the other speakers after prolonged use of the sub?

stevemk07 07-19-2012 01:15 PM

I do not see how it would. The other speakers, if anything, will experience a cleaner signal from the stock amp with the stock sub disconnected because the power supply will not have to work as hard. With my stock sub disconnected I could turn the volume all the way up with bass on 6 with little distortion. Ido not recommend keeping it like that for any length of time though as it is the distortion from the amp signal which will harm speakers in most cases.