Sub won't work after car is turned off then back on

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:04 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sub won't work after car is turned off then back on

Just installed an aftermarket sub and amp in my '06 TL. I disconnected my factory sub and wired in my aftermarket sub to that plug so I can still control it from the factory deck. All works fine until I turn my car off, then back on...then there's no sound from my sub but the amp is still getting power?!?!? If I leave the car running and disconnect then reconnect the ground, it works fine...until I turn my car off. I know the ground is good and I've tried other grounds with the same result. I don't think my '06 has noise cancellation, from what I've read in other posts. Any ideas?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2004 Acura TL with the same problem every time i turn my car off and back on I have to go to the trunk and plug one of the aux cables back into the amp it gets so old but heres what you need to do. I have talked to a lot of people and what you need to do is get a switch hooked up to the subs so you can manually turn them off and on or take the whole navi apart and plug the one wire not sure but its not the ground or posotive its the mini one into the back of your unit which I didnt I plugged it straight into my fuse box where there was a spare spot to use. If you go to a best buy they will put a switch in for about 30 bucks its really cheap I am just to lazy to pick up the phone and call and make an appointment.