Stock Sub Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:04 AM
Intermediate

Stock Sub Questions

Hey guys, proud new TL owner , just got mine a few weeks ago (05 5AT with Navi) and had a few questions about the stock sub. I have turned up the bass and sub settings up a few notchs from the regular position and I can hear the rear deck rattling when i listen to music now. I was wondering what i could do to fix it? Will dynomatting fix this problem? If so do I just need to dynomat the rear deck lid area or just the sub housing or the whole trunk? Please lead me in the right directions.

Thanks in Advance
Old 12-12-2005 | 11:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dlifter
Hey guys, proud new TL owner , just got mine a few weeks ago (05 5AT with Navi) and had a few questions about the stock sub. I have turned up the bass and sub settings up a few notchs from the regular position and I can hear the rear deck rattling when i listen to music now. I was wondering what i could do to fix it? Will dynomatting fix this problem? If so do I just need to dynomat the rear deck lid area or just the sub housing or the whole trunk? Please lead me in the right directions.

Thanks in Advance

Yep, mine is a few weeks old and the sub rattle started right away. I found that it would go away if I placed my finger on the speaker grille of the sub. Others have found it to be the seatbelt tensioner that is right next to the sub. My dealer offered to fix it, but by then I had already decided to ditch the factory sub anyhow. There are some fixes listed here, just search for "rear deck rattle" or similar. If your dealer is any good, they should be able to fix it by adding padding, insulation or dynomat under the rear deck. The hard part is removing the panel with the speaker grilles. They have to remove the entire back seat and c-pillar covers and pry up that deck panel. Some people have posted here that the dealer has damaged these pieces and not fixed them. I hope that is a minority of dealers.

Here is my link about installing new subs

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127880

jjh1234