Some new DVD-As from AIX Records

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some new DVD-As from AIX Records

It's been a long time since I was here talking about the ability to access additional GROUPs on your TL audio system. I thought I would stop back by and let TL and RL owners know about some news at AIX Records.

First, the really big news for us is that Acura / Bose chose us to supply a new "Gift of Music" DVD-Audio/Video disc for inclusion in the new RL models. There are 7 tracks on the new sampler and lots of cool demonstration materials...including an assembled mix demo similar to the one that Elliot did for the TL. The one that I did comes from a project that we just finished called "Moonlight Acoustica", basically a 7-man jam for about 53 minutes. The new demonstration disc is being manufactured right now and will begin to show up in the new cars this summer. It was quite and honor to have our tracks, and only our tracks, for this new high-end disc.

If any of you have not heard of AIX Records, please take a few moments to visit our web site at www.aixrecords.com...we've got over 50 DVD-Audio titles. They are all new recordings done especially for the format. I love to hear what people think about our software in their cars. I routinely listen to my own things in my 6-speed TL.

We have a great sampler disc that we did with Intel last summer...29 tracks in a variety of genres. Once you've heard an AIX Track you're hooker. Thanks for the bandwidth...I'm going back to work!

Dr. AIX
Old 06-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Cruisin'

Awesome!

Dr. AIX,

I received the DVD's that I ordered from your webpage today. All I can say is WOW! Absolutely sensational DVD imaging and surround sound. These discs truly showcase the power and depth of DVD-A/5.1 surround sound, and the compilation is great. Keep up the good work!

Lee
Old 06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Is there any way to sample the music before buying it? I'm a fan of jazz music, but I can be quite particular. Irgold02, which ones did you purchase?
Old 06-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Instructor

If you check out the AIX site they do offer some samples of the music. I think I'm going to order a few of the jazz discs.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words...I always love to hear from new customers about their experiences with our products. Over the weekend, I received the following:

"I just had to write and tell you what you no doubt already are well aware of. The AIX recordings I have recieved so far are just exquisite works of art. They have set the bar to the current high mark of any label I have yet to own. Truly distinguished in both content, and recording quality, I feel I have discovered a little bit of heaven here on earth. Count me among the VERY satisfied customers of a company that has been producing reference standard recordings in my favorite format, namely high resolution multi channel. In a world rife with mediocrity, your efforts are very much appreciated by this music addict. I anxiously await the arrival of the new music-it is a birthday gift to myself!

Sincerely, Jay H."

We just finished the HE 2006 show at LAX. A very good response to our new products. I also have had a chance to listen to the "Gift of Music" check disc in my Acura...it is really special. I don't know how readers of this list might be able to get a copy but it would be worth asking a dealer.

Thanks again.

Mark Waldrep, Ph.D.
AIX Records
Old 06-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Instructor

I bought two classical CD's a few days ago. Hope they sound as good as advertised!
Old 06-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Instructor

Music to my ears!

Just received my discs (Guitar Noir and The Latin Jazz Trio as well as the 2 free demo discs) today and bravo is what I can say. I listened to them on my home theater gear and loved it. This is a new watermark and now I want to check out more of the AIX collection. I'm actually going to drive around this evening to listen to them in my TL (yeah, wasting gas, but so worth it). I highly recommend you give their music a try - whether you own a home system or if you have a TL. I'm not affiliated with AIX Records in any way but am a music lover. Enjoy the music.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great to hear a few of you guys found out about AIX Records. Their recordings truly showcase what DVD-A is all about. Unfortunately, they're not for everyone and it's a pity that more people don't or can't enjoy certain music genres.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the positive reviews!

Thanks for posting to the forum your comments...if anyone ever wants some recommendations, just let me know.

Also for people that live in the SoCal area, we're going to be having an open house at our new studio/demo room and would love add your name to our invite list. Just send an email to:

mwaldrep@aixrecords.com

Hope some of you can make it.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:58 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Guitar Noir,
That rings a bell. Ahh yes GENESIS lead guitar genius Steve Hackett.

Is this album a knock off of that ? If it is I might have to buy it.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by triggle
Guitar Noir,
That rings a bell. Ahh yes GENESIS lead guitar genius Steve Hackett.

Is this album a knock off of that ? If it is I might have to buy it.
No it's not and you can find more info on Laurence Juber - Guitar Noir at AIX Records.