Sirrus Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirrus Radio

Ok, I've looked through the forums, I've searched, I've read everything regarding it, and pretty much every thread turns into a debate of XM vs. Sirrius.

Honestly, I don't really want to hear things like that, my questions are:

This soundscape thing, is it comming out? If so when.
I have the Navi in my TL, what all would need to be done to take out the XM and put the Sirrius in?

I have the Sirrius sportster right now with a tape in the console and the antenna pretty much ghetto rigged on the dash near the windshield.

I don't like XM's programming, and pretty much I think it sucks, and well I enjoy sirrius's commercial free playlists of things "I" want to hear.

If anyone has any suggestions of either A: making what I already have look cleaner and nicer, I would appreciate, and B: if there is a way to just make it so I dont even have to use the sportster and can config the exisiting antenna on the car to read sirrius either by splicing or how it comes out to replace it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Intermediate

I hate XM's programming as well... The only solution that I have seen on Acurazine, is hardwiring the Sirius and setting the antenna on the rear deck.

I have 5 months remaining on my Sirius unit and 2 months left on my 90 day free sub with Acura/XM.

I don't want to mess up the clean lines of the TL by adding a PnP, but I will if I have too. GL
Old 06-23-2005, 10:06 AM
4th Gear

I just hate how it "looks" on the inside, I have this beutiful car to be ruined by this contraption sticking in my dash. I might just have to go the hardwire route, because I am "not" paying for XM.

No football, no alt-nation, hairnation, hotjamz, hip-hopnation, thier alternative selection sucks, and the 80's music they do have is horrible.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Racer

I know you didn't want to run this road, but I have both XM and Sirius in my cars, and I agree that Sirius is over-all better, but XM's channel 150 comedy rules. It's MUCH MUCH better than Raw Dog and the other comedy on Sirius. That alone is making it worth it for me to just keep the XM.

In my 911, I have Sirius and love it. I just dont' listen to their comedy.

To sort of answer your original question, when I got my Acura, I wanted Sirius too. Everything I looked into to switch was too expensive or too invasive to the car. I don't want people ripping stuff up because that leads to rattles, and people around here definitely don't want to improve the odds of rattles.

The antenna on the roof can only be used for XM. There is no way to rig it for Sirius.
The input can be replaced I believe to do Sirius, but you lose the stereo's ability to identify the name, title, etc. so you're better off using a commander type thing to see that info.
If you're willing to pay someone big bucks, they may be able to hack it so that it shows it from Sirius on the stock Acura unit, but I don't know for sure, and I'd bet it costs way too much to justify it for most people.