Show me where your ipod is....

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show me where your ipod is....

Hey guys

just got my Dice Ipod adapter in (thanks Uncald). Before I install I want to know where people with this kit put their ipods.

show me pics please
Old 01-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Advanced

I'm afraid I don't have a pic handy (my car is currently parked 1000 miles away while I'm away on business this week), but I had my trusted installer (tech at my local Acura dealer, Acura of Mobile, AL) install the brain right in my lower center storage bin. He then drilled a small hole up to the upper bin, where the wire is and where I store my iPod.

Advantage is that I have access to the AUX jack as well, and I also have maximum slack on the iPod wire.

Apologies for no pics...please refrain from the 'This thread is useless without pics" response, folks. :-)
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Pro

Sorry, I don't have a pic either. But mine is in the top bin in front of the shifter too. It is easy to access while driving and the install is a breeze. There is a hole in the back/top of that bin if you can get to the back and it will just slide in (no drilling needed). I thought about under the arm rest but reaching in there while driving isn't all that easy and would require either pulling a bunch of cord out to read the ipod or turning your head away from the road. Besides that is a harder install. That is why I did the top center bin in front of the shifter and why I would recommend you do the same. I will try to post a pic later.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Advanced

Oops, based on the above reply, I didn't describe my setup well enough (2 posts above):

By center storage bin I meant the bin under the armrest, not the center dash stack as fish008 has. I did use fish008's technique for my original installation of the POS Acura MusicLink (where "POS" = "piece of sh**"), and while it was a clean install, it turns out I prefer the armrest bin access instead, so that's what I had my installer do on the Dice install when I replaced the MusicLink. Fish008's point about cord and briefly taking eyes off the road is valid, but it's not much of an issue for me. YMMV.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
B A N N E D

common guys

someone show me some pics
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did the same as fish008...I'll try to get a pic taken tomorrow...
Old 01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Cruisin'

I'm like "baby boi gsr"...show some pictures please :-)

Got mine for Christmas and plan to do the install. Was planning to have it setup like my other Honda where the "usaspec" box is in the lower arm rest under the quick easy panel (in case I ever need to change the dip switch) and the ipod is in the top part.

Figured something similar but would have the Dice box in the lower arm rest in case I ever needed to change out the dip switch.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Pro

This is where my ipod is.

Hidden.

Easy access.

Plenty more room for storage as necessary.

Easy reach/viewing.

It's not the newest ipod but since it only leaves my car when I go running or update it with new music it's not a big deal. Beside I never look at it when I am driving because I know all the music on there. I doubt you will ever look at yours either. Putting it there is an easier install and you have easier access compared with in the armrest. If you feel that you will want to get to the control box mount it up near the firewall on the passengers side. I think mine is on direct mode, it’s perfect, I wont ever change. Full control of the ipod, load any playlist you want by hand, and best of all, steering wheel controls. Most of the time I just put it on shuffle and that works best for me. If you want a specific song just reach down in front of you (no need to pull 5 feet of cord out) and find the song you want. Then flip the ipod back into the storage bin (no jamming cord back into the armrest). Hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
snowmanTL

Thanks for all the info, one question: does this adaptor work with the newer IPODS, say the touch sreen?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:43 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Here's my setup...

Here's my setup - near perfect:
- Kuda phone base
- ExtremeMac "Roadshow" Universal A/V plug. It charges the Ipod and provides audio and video RCA's. Works great, but appears to be incompatible with my IPhone, so the Nano is a permanent fixture in the TL now.
- Plugged into an AVElectronics A/V switcher (with Blitzsafe DMXv.1 audio input). This is audio source 1. I can plug in an Ipod Video and get video through the nav as well.
- 8GB Ipod Nano in Core Case... attached with a little velcro.

As many of you know, I REALLY plan out my mods.
I went this route on purpose. Ipod control through the thumb control is ignorant with more than 15 songs, so I avoided the USA SPEC/Dice units (yes I know you can operate those in direct mode - blitzsafe was 1/2 the price). I prefer using the click wheel. In this orientation, I can see the screen, rest the heel of my palm on the e-brake and comfortably control the Ipod with my index finger while driving.

Other AV source I'll show later... PS3 in the glovebox, Mediagate in the console, and TV Tuner (built into avelectronics unit):