Sending contact to HFL from Nokia N95

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 AM
3GTLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sending contact to HFL from Nokia N95

I have an 08 TL-S and the Nokia N95. The phone pairs up with the car and I can call and receive calls but I am having trouble with the phone book.

The import function of the car does not work and it says that the phone does not support the import function. But on this forum, I read that I could send contact from the phone to the car. Could someone, please, tell me how that's done? I have the fact that in order to call someone, I have to dictate the number to the HFL.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
3GTLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I figured out how to do it, so I am going to post it here in case anyone else is looking for the method:

1. Turn the ignition key to Accessory (I) position
2. Make sure that the phone pairs up with the car
3. Hit the HFL "Talk" button and say "Phonebook" - the car responds
4. Hit the "Talk" button and say "Receive Contact" - the car will go through the safety warning and then say that it is waiting to receive a contact
5. Scroll down through the contacts on your phone until you highlight the contact that you want to transfer and then select "Send business card" from the "Options" menu
6. Select "Via Bluetooth" from the next option screen on the phone
7. Select "HandsFree Link" from the paired device selection screen on the phone
8. The car will respond that two number have been received (unless you have multiple numbers saved for that contact in your phone, in which case there will be # of contacts + 1 numbers received)
9. Once the contact infor is received, the car will ask you under what name you want the number to be saved. Push the "Talk" button and say the name
10. The car confirms
11. After the number has been saved, the car proceeds to the next received number (the +1 number). For some reason, it is the same number that you just saved, so the car will tell you that the number you are trying to save (again, the +1) is already in the phone book, you can skip that one.

That's all!