Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 198 Likes on 68 Posts
Just called 1-800-682-4114 .All I said was my subsription has expired and I recieved a flyer for $77. Never asked for a code. Was also offered a Roady w/ car kit for free if I signed up fpr a familty plan for 6 mos. at 6.99 a mo. I declined. My 3 mo. trial expired last week. SCHWEET.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just called and got the deal. When I said I received the letter with the special offer she asked me to read it to her. I told her I didn't have the letter with me but I wrote down the code. I gave her the code then there was a delay where she seemed to search for something on the computer. She came back and took my credit card info and I was good to go.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:22 PM
LDJ
Cruisin'

My subscription ran out about a year ago. Do you think that I can still get it for 77 bucks.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Old 03-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Cruisin'

Worked with five days left

I was actually all prepared to sign a multi-year deal, but figured why not save some cash for a year, then sign the deal next year.

I decided to call early with 5 days left on my trial subscription (having read a few people who'd had success with that route). I called from work and referred to a flyer I'd "left at home" that had "some $77/yr offer?" When he asked for the code I said I didn't have the flyer in front of me but it was something like "win back or b-winback... zwinback, maybe". I figured if it didn't fly I could say I'd call back from home when I had the flyer in front of me.

He gave me the promotional rate with no protest and offered me the Roady XT deal, which I refused (I already have a de-activated Roady 2.) My subscription rolls over to an annual one next week, plus I get uninterrupted coverage (which is good, I love the new channel 84 - XM Chill).

Easy as pie - https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=61
Old 03-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Racer

This thread kicks a**! Just called the number, followed the script and no problems. Thanks!

-LOD
Old 03-20-2006, 08:57 AM
10th Gear

Wow, didn't think I was going to be able to get it! The lady I spoke with didn't listen to me at first when i said i had a promotional code I received in the mail for $77. She went through the normal speech and then asked how i wanted to pay for the 2 year subscription at 125/year...I was, "whoaaaaa, i didn't want to pay that much. I have this mailing that says something about $77/year" So I got the "let me put you on hold so I can talk with my manager." She gets back on to say that I shouldn't get this because I was a new member and that code is for people who have had their subscriptions on hold for at least 6 months. We went round and round about it and I finally told her I was just going to cancel the subscription because I thought it was ridiculous that they would send out offers they don't fulfill. That quickly changed her tone and said "sir, you're all done at $77, how would you like to pay for it."

Thanks to you guys!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Yup, just did the same thing, said I got a bill for $141.xx and also got a post card for a promo for $77 and she said ok. She also did offer me the roady XT as well but I didn't take it because I'm moving and didn't want to have the hassle of having packages in different states. and anyways at $7 a month, it's more expensive to be on a family plan than the promo.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:12 PM
8th Gear

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I received the "$77 deal" without even trying. I even called the "wrong" number (1-800-998-7900), not the special number (800-321-7117) listed in this thread. After receiving the $60 deal last year, I received a bill in December, 2005. I called and said I do not want to pay the monthly fee, cancel my service. Instead they gave me 3 more months for free. Today I received a bill again as my free 3 months ended. Again, I told them to cancel my service as I did not want to pay a monthly bill. They came back with a "special deal"- just $77 for the next year. Clearly they need to maintain members and give the $77 deal to anyone the fear will cancel.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Instructor

I just told them I would not pay the regular bill they sent and to cancel my service. Was told if I am cancelling, they are authorized to offer me a special rate of $77.00. I told them to sign me up.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 AM
1st Gear

Thumbs up promo worked for me

Called once, said I wanted the promotion for $77, they demanded a code. I said I would call them back.

Called back, said my radio was expired. Said I was in the dealer yesterday and they gave me a letter with a promotion code to win me back. Operator asked for code. I said it was in the car, did they really want it, I would have to go out to get it. They said yes. I put them on hold for 3 mins and came back on and said the photocopy was lousy but it looked like ZWINBACK. Operator said "we would be happy to honor that code". Gave them credit card details and bingo!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:31 PM
1st Gear

My trial period has been expired since November 2004. I had tried to call back then to renew it with the actual letter they sent me and was denied!
I followed this post today and got it renewed for the $77 with the ZWINBACK code right away! Thanks alot!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
My wife told me today that XM stopped working, it was working y'day so it must have expired today. I called the number you guys specified and followed the script exactly. The guy said "you're supposed to have a code of 8 characters and numbers on the flyer" and I said "I don't have the flyer in front of me, all I remember is something about zwinback on the flyer." He paused, asked for my radio code then put me on hold. A few minutes later he came back, confirmed the $77 charge and took my credit card information.

Acurazine Rocks!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

Took Two Calls, But It Worked

I called XM and followed the script. The first time I called a woman told me that I couldn't get the $77 deal unless I also bought the Roady package. She wouldn't give it up so I declined the offer and called back five minutes later. The second time, a gentleman gave me the $77 package with no questions asked. ZWINBACK works like a charm.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

Don't Mess With the Script

Called today with three days left on my free trial. Read the script. Guy asked for my radio code but not ZWINBACK. Paid and done.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:19 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Worked for me just about 10 minutes ago. 77 for the year, no taxes! ZWINBACK rocks!

My trial expires tomorrow but she gave it to me with no problems!

I LOVE THIS PLACE!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Lightbulb Ahem.

Originally Posted by ajeetm
My wife told me today that XM stopped working, it was working y'day so it must have expired today. I called the number you guys specified and followed the script exactly. The guy said "you're supposed to have a code of 8 characters and numbers on the flyer" and I said "I don't have the flyer in front of me, all I remember is something about zwinback on the flyer." He paused, asked for my radio code then put me on hold. A few minutes later he came back, confirmed the $77 charge and took my credit card information.

Acurazine Rocks!!
He was asking for your radio code. He needs that to look up your account. Without the code, he can't activate YOUR XM radio. However, he has other ways to cross-index it.

Many of you get spooked when they ask for the other code. The flyer identifies YOUR radio by YOUR radio code and then has the promotion code "zwinback". It's two different things. They need both one way or the other.

Again, Acurazine is pleased to provide you with the inside information you need to enjoy your Acura experience to the fullest. We are here to share our experiences and to help each other if problems come up.

And... it's all free! So, tell a friend. When you meet someone on the street with an Acura, clue them in to the best damned Acura site on the Internet. Bring them into the Acurazine family and we will all be better for it.

Dave
Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Xpditor
He was asking for your radio code. He needs that to look up your account. Without the code, he can't activate YOUR XM radio. However, he has other ways to cross-index it.

Many of you get spooked when they ask for the other code. The flyer identifies YOUR radio by YOUR radio code and then has the promotion code "zwinback". It's two different things. They need both one way or the other.

Again, Acurazine is pleased to provide you with the inside information you need to enjoy your Acura experience to the fullest. We are here to share our experiences and to help each other if problems come up.

And... it's all free! So, tell a friend. When you meet someone on the street with an Acura, clue them in to the best damned Acura site on the Internet. Bring them into the Acurazine family and we will all be better for it.

Dave
We need az.com stickers to be made available, that way people would see the sticker and check out this place. I cant even tell you how many times Ive seen a bumper sticker or car sticker with a website on it and Ive gone and checked it out

THAT IS HOW I FOUND THIS PLACE...sitting in traffic in DC and glanced over (when I was still driving my Mazda Millenia) and saw an older TL with the AZ.COM sticker...I checked it out and bought a new TL a few days later.

Im ready to go make 100 and just give them out at meets!

Back to ZWINBACK. Its awesome. it works and it was almost too easy
Old 03-29-2006, 10:55 AM
2nd Gear

Access to on-line XM

Does anyone know if access to on-line XM is available to those of us on the three month initial deal?

Or do you have to wait to actually subscribe after the three months are over to have that additional access?

thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 08:17 PM
3rd Gear

Nice and Easy

Sticking to the script worked like a charm. On the phone for no more than 2 minutes, the rep couldn't have been nicer and $77 for year of XM.

And to think I was nervous.

Thanks for the great advice.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Cruisin'

Worked for me.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
The flyer identifies YOUR radio by YOUR radio code and then has the promotion code "zwinback". It's two different things. They need both one way or the other.
Ah I see. I've never seen the flyer before, so I didn't know the radio code is also on the flyer. Thanks for the clarification!

And yea we TOTALLY need az.com stickers. I would stick one to my window in a heartbeat!
Old 03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
10th Gear

Started my XM subscription in Feb 2004 for two years at $219. Been getting renewal notices lately showing $294 owed for two more years. Tried the $77 pitch but no go as they said I'd have to go thru cancelation first before being offered the deal. Going to sit back and wait for eventual termination of service before trying again. One month free so far.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, on the first page I noticed someone had a similar situation.

Here goes:

got my 2004 TL used in late Jan with 10k miles, had XM until today, it was still on from previous owner I suppose, so I want to get it back, but what scrips should I follow to use the promo code?

Should I do what the other member did, and say I got the promo code from the dealer? Because its only for current/soon to be cancelled subscribers.

Also heard about the $3 a month deal if you claim you want to switch to Sirius, but I guess that wont work since I dont have anything now.

Any input on what I should say would be great, I dont want tomention the site for obvious reasons and dont plan on doing so. Thanks
Old 03-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
We have the stickers in stock, it's just a matter of getting the page up, as we will be distributing them seperately from the Gear we've always sold.

With some luck, this page will be placed up this weekend, there will be a site-wide annoucement the moment it's there.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by BillW
Does anyone know if access to on-line XM is available to those of us on the three month initial deal?

Or do you have to wait to actually subscribe after the three months are over to have that additional access?

thanks

You can register for xmradio online through xmradio.com during your initial three month trial period.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Just accomplished the ZWINBACK code or $77. However, they wanted to charge me an additioanl $2 to have an invoice sent to me instead of using my credit card. Being the cheap@$$ that I am, I used the card.

Thanks again to all those that helped with this great promo code!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Forced Induction

So no one else has any info for my situation?

previous owners subscription ended, can I get in on the deal somehow?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:18 PM
Registered VTEC junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
STill works

Noticed a transaction on my checking account for 3 pre-paid months of 12.95 per month at XM. It seemed that my $60 a year plan had expired. Checked this page and found this deal-thanx members!. Called XM and told them about the $77 promo and they honored it. Now the 3 month amount will be refunded and the $77 will be charged.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Racer

My three month trial ended last week and I just signed up with the zwinback offer. I called the number we are supposed to call and followed the script. It worked great. She did not even ask me for the offer code she went straight to the radio code and told me it would be $77 total for a year.
I have not actually seen the offer card. Does it give 1 year, 2 year or three year rates? The reason I ask is because she asked me if I wanted to do the 1 year offer. It made me think there were longer offers but I did not want to ask since it was not part of the script....
Old 04-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by DeadLock
So no one else has any info for my situation?

previous owners subscription ended, can I get in on the deal somehow?
I really don't know since they don't have YOU in their records and they will need to charge your credit card.

I might take a different approach. Try calling and asking for a limited trial to see if you will like XM radio. Like 3 free months or something. Ask what specials they have.

If they offer you nothing but a standard contract, I would take it for just a month or two. Then, when it expires, go for the zwinback promotion.

Dave
Old 04-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Forced Induction

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, since they dont know who I am, I can just tell them I got the car certified from a dealer, and I would like XM, I am sure they will give me a trial 3 month membership. Thanks I will give it a try right now, and let you guys know.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Forced Induction

ok well I called them up, they asked me all these questions, and were like, so this is a used car, so we can offer you one month free....and the other 2 months you would have to pay, I was like, "so only one month free"

just repeated what he said, and than he is like, did the dealer tell you that we offer 3 months trial? And I agreed, and then he was like, ok, since the dealer said that, we will honor the 3 months free trial......

Seems like they try to make the dealers (car companies) happy, as soon as he assumed the dealer offered me the 3 month trial on a pre owned car he set me up for the trail. Now I just hope the $77 a yr deal is around in three months when it comes time for my subscription to end, so I can gen in on that deal.

Again thanks for the insight.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 04-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Still working!

My trial ended on the 3rd and they wasted no time in turning off the service. I waited until to today to make the call.

First call, I use the script "My subscription expired, recieved offer in the mail for $77, would like to take you up on that offer." Before he even gets my name, radio ID or anything, he says "Let me put you on hold while I look up your account." After a few minutes of hold music, a couple of clicks and he hangs up.

I call right back, hoping to get a different agent, and I do. Use the same line, and he asks for the radio ID and says it all set and they'll bill me. I asked about the additional $2 invoice fee and he said "Oh yeah". I told him I'd rather just pay now with the credit card. Never asked for any other codes.

Although the two guys I spoke were a bit "slow", I did get the deal! Hopefully this will be around next year as well!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Forced Induction

ok well, I thought I got the 3 month trial, but I checked after an hour, and it was still off, anything I should do to re activate it? The guy told me it should take 15 to 20 mintues to come back on, and then something about tunning to channel 7 and some other ones to check if it works.

I havent checked this morning yet, I am at work, but I would have to agree the reps are deff "slow" not sure whats wrong with them, the one I talked to had some accent, who knows if they are even based out of this country.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Racer

You need to sit in the car with the radio on XM channel 1 for up to 1 hour after having them activate it. The activation code comes from the satellite for a short time only. If you car is off for that hour, you need to have them re-send the code and sit in your car for up to an hour with the radio on and on channel 1 (checking if you can go to another channel every few minutes). I did this and it took about 20 minutes.

If you leave the car off... your radio does not see the code in the data stream from the satellite. That is what the rep said. The rep said you can also have the code re-sent from a request through the web site but I did not go that route.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

Just renewed - $77 and no tax. Took 5 minutes in the car and it was back up!

I have a cousin who purchased a new Accord just over 2 months ago - any word on whether this works on a Honda or not??

Thanks!!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:51 PM
New and Improved!

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by DeadLock
Seems like they try to make the dealers (car companies) happy,
XM has relationships with a few auto manufacturers. Since some cars, particularly Honda / Acura offer XM units and not Sirius options, they are giving XM a prequalified market. XM should favor us...they do not have to spend marketing dollars to get our interest. Honda / Acura built that in for them.

I may be incorrect, but I believe Honda has financial interests in XM as well?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

Thumbs up Still Works!

Just did it, easy as pie! Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: Renew XM Radio for $77 for 12 months (Part 2)