Radio presets wiped from changing key fob battery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 07:47 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio presets wiped from changing key fob battery?

Is this normal? I have an 07 TL (non-navi) and yesterday I changed the batteries on my 2 keyfobs since they weren't very responsive. I got into the car this morning and all my radio presets and audio settings were gone. My SiriusXM was stuck on the preview channel as well, so I'll have to relink that now too. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it supposed to happen?
Old 04-07-2017, 10:37 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Are you sure you used the same fob as before? The radio, climate control and memory seats are linked to each fob. Known as Driver 1 and Driver 2. So if you grabbed the wrong fob the car will not have all your presets.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:00 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adobeman
Are you sure you used the same fob as before? The radio, climate control and memory seats are linked to each fob. Known as Driver 1 and Driver 2. So if you grabbed the wrong fob the car will not have all your presets.
Maybe I reattached the wrong one to my keychain, I'll check when I get home from work. Would it really kill the link to my SiriusXM as well though? Thats what threw me off, but I'll check into it
Old 04-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by Adobeman
This sounds like a reasonable possibility as changing the key fob batteries should not erase the radio presets.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
You must have unlinked it. Does it say driver 1 or 2 when you get in? To link/unlink you hold lock and unlock together until the red led flashes