Question on USASPEC BT45-HON3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on USASPEC BT45-HON3

Hi all. I have read so much info on this but can't find a definitive answer...I have a 2005 TL non-nav.

1. If I buy this thing can I keep using the factory HFL for calls? Will the music pause or at least give up the audio for the HFL to work when on a call?
2. Does it display track info from the iPhone continuously or is it only briefly and then the XM text will display for whatever song is playing on XM1 behind the scenes?
3. Does this unit install in the trunk or behind the head unit? I have seen both and getting conflicting info.
4. I want to keep XM, HFL and just use this to stream music from the iPhone. Can I do that with this unit and keep my text display, HFL and XM and still use steering wheel controls?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Bueller
Old 02-15-2016, 12:22 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
1) Not sure. I think you can, but you can also use the HON3 to answer and hang calls. Channel up will answer a call, channel down will hang up. Dialing will have to be either through Siri/Google voice assistant or straight dialing.
2) It should display track info continuously, but I'm not sure as I use an Android
3) Either or. Some people install in the trunk, I installed behind the head unit. If you install in the trunk then you'll have to drag the mic line through the seat, through to the front.
4) No. This will override the XM, but I think that's a plus. XM was always spotty, and I'm happy with Pandora/Spotify/SoundCloud/Native music player. The wheel controls will work on Spotify and the music player to change the track.

It's one of the best upgrades for my car IMO.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...review-938679/

Answer to #4 is yes. You can keep XM service with XM2 presets. BT streaming will only impact XM1 presets.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys! I will look into this for sure.