Question on Myron & Davis AD212 Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:48 AM
|AM.UA6|

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Myron & Davis AD212 Wiring

I tried to install the DVD player today and having trouble on the wiring. Can someone chime in on this?? I used the 12-volt cigarette adapter as my 12-volt battery source (yellow), ground (black).

Can someone help me with the ACC wire (red)? Which wire are you guys using to tap this wire into?? and also for the remote wire (blue).

Thanks in advance, and hope someone can help me with this.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:53 AM
DCC
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
acb45,

Your cigarette adapter (accessory source) should be hooked up to the RED wire, the yellow wire to a CONSTANT source (ie interior fuse box using add a circuit...I believe #32 fuse slot is the constant power source), Black is ground.

The blue wire is used only if you are powering up another unit that requires a 12 volt source that will only turn on when the DVD player is on. If you don't have another source that needs the power, then you simply don't hook that one up (just make sure the end is covered up to prevent shorting out).

The unit will work fine if you don't hook up the yellow wire however you will lose memory function. Ie. you are not done watching a movie and you shut off your car, then you start your car and power up the dvd player, the player will not remember where you left off.

Hope that helps...
Old 07-23-2006, 10:27 AM
|AM.UA6|

I tried wiring it as above, but the DVD player does not power up. I checked the wiring with the circuit tester and everything seems good. What does the choke do??? I think this is where the problem occurs .
Old 07-23-2006, 03:47 PM
DCC
Instructor

acb45,
you may want to try and bypass that choke and see if that works (see if the choke opens up...mine does...and there should be a internal fuse in there...see if it's blown as well as the other fuse on the power wire).

The choke serves as a filter for electrical noise and is supposed to provide a cleaner picture with less interference. Somebody else bypassed the very same choke and the player worked. I think M&D and a run of bad chokes. Get rid of it...that may solve your problems. You can also go to radio shack and buy an inline noise filter that will do the same thing. You can get one of those and just replace the existing filter and see if that helps with your picture quality.

Get back to me and let me know how it works for you...I've got the same M&D player and I'm beginning to think mine will fail shortly...
Old 07-23-2006, 07:29 PM
|AM.UA6|

Originally Posted by DCC
acb45,
you may want to try and bypass that choke and see if that works (see if the choke opens up...mine does...and there should be a internal fuse in there...see if it's blown as well as the other fuse on the power wire).

The choke serves as a filter for electrical noise and is supposed to provide a cleaner picture with less interference. Somebody else bypassed the very same choke and the player worked. I think M&D and a run of bad chokes. Get rid of it...that may solve your problems. You can also go to radio shack and buy an inline noise filter that will do the same thing. You can get one of those and just replace the existing filter and see if that helps with your picture quality.

Get back to me and let me know how it works for you...I've got the same M&D player and I'm beginning to think mine will fail shortly...
Thanks DCC...

I did bypass the choke, but only the ACC wire and it worked. There is some picture noise when the car is started so I have to buy an inline noise filter to see if that will remove the noise. Do you know which inline noise filter I need from Radio Shack? A link would be great! Thanks in advance and for all your help.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 AM
DCC
Instructor

no prob acb45,

I don't know exactly which noise filter to buy, but as long as it's designed for 12vDC, then you should be good. Just use the instructions that come with it in regards to how to wire it in. I think the interference you get from start up is the initial voltage spike when everything kicks on. However not sure that the noise filter will get rid of that...mine has some interference when I start my car too but I think that's because the screen momentarily loses voltage at start up. Glad it worked out for you!