question on music link operation

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
question on music link operation

OK I got my tl yesterday and i had the music link installed by the dealer. Not to get into a discussion about whether or not a music link is the best alternative. I've got a couple of questions about it's operation.

I pick disk 2 (artists), press and hold the +/- key and it starts to scroll, a, b, c, etc. I get it to stop at d, now the question.

How do you then scroll through the d's? Every once in awhile I stumble across a key combo and it starts saying the d artists names. How does that work?

Dave
Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile answer my own question

OK, here's what i found out by playing with this thing.

If you push seek + or -, the voice starts going through the alphabet, a, b, c. you have to push the seek button just as the letter you want comes up. Then BEFORE any music starts, press the seek button again and the voice starts going through the artists, playlists, albums, depending on which disk you're on. When the voice gets to the selection you want you must press the '-' key and the selection will start, if you press the '+' key it will go to the next selection.

So if you want Dave Matthews, press seek, the voice goes a, b, c, d , you press '+' just as the 'd' comes up and then press seek '+' again and the voice starts going through the d artists on the ipod, when it gets to dave matthews, press the seek '-' button and dave matthews should start.

The sound quality is very good, I've been using a belkin auto adapter with a fake cassette for three years and the sound quality is better than the cassette adapter, although the cassette is much better than a fm transmitter.

What I like about it is that the ipod is hidden and charges at the same time. The controls are a little cumbersome, but i'm getting used to them.

The Acura TTS program is SLOOOOOWWWW on the pc, that's my biggest complaint so far. I've got about 25k songs in my library and about 7000 plus songs on my ipod. After a refresh it probably takes another 3 hours for the acura tts part, and this is on a 64 bit amd 3700, with 2 gig of ram, not a slow pc.

You have to read the word docs on the cd that comes with the tts. In my case I update my ipod by playlists, so I had to include the tts generated playlists.

Dave

Dave
Old 05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selecting an artist, album, genre takes a bit of practice. Once you get to the letter you want , the pattern that works for me is to hold the seek for about 1/2 a sec followed by holding it again for 1 second. You should then hear the voice recognition read through the mode you've selected. When you hear what you want tap the seek button for the third time.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I can say, is replace the musiclink with the USA SPEC. I negotiated the Musiclink with the car and was extremely dissapointed. Search the forum and get rid of that Musiclink