Programming Nav for trip destinations

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 08:01 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Question Programming Nav for trip destinations

Before I leave on a long trip, I like to pre-program the Nav with a lot of the destinations, POI's, etc., that I plan to visit. Then I can call them up easily without having to feed them in while traveling.

Other Nav's I've had used a "Store Location" option to allow you to do this, but I can't find a way to store locations in the TL's Nav. The one exception may be the Personal Addresses function, but that seems to be geared to things like Granny's house, the doctor's office, your Acura dealer and so on.

So is that the only way to store destinations, or am I missing something?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can add all of them to "Today's Destinations." Another option would be to plan a route to each individually and then cancel the route. They'll all be in your "Previous Destinations" list.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Racer

I haven't really tried this on my TL but my mother used to have an '05 RL and you can set "Waypoints" on your trip along the way.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by bluenoise
You can add all of them to "Today's Destinations." Another option would be to plan a route to each individually and then cancel the route. They'll all be in your "Previous Destinations" list.
Thanks, Blue. I couldn't find it anywhere, but I assumed Today's Destinations would "go away' after today (like maybe it's integrated with the calendar function?). But anyway, there is apparenly a max of only 5 destinations there.

I had figured out the other trick of routing and cancelling, but I hoped there was a better way.

'Appreciate the tips!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:34 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by CometVR4
I haven't really tried this on my TL but my mother used to have an '05 RL and you can set "Waypoints" on your trip along the way.
That's true, but I think waypoints are limited in number, and they also become part of a single big route.

I guess I'm weird, but I like to break trips up into segments ... so if for instance I'm going from Dallas to Las Vegas, I might set "mini-routes" to Amarillo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, etc. That way, I can watch the mileage countdown, plan stops along the route for lunch, gas, etc. a little easier, and it just makes a long trip seem easier by breaking it up into chunks.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Thanks, Blue. I couldn't find it anywhere, but I assumed Today's Destinations would "go away' after today (like maybe it's integrated with the calendar function?). But anyway, there is apparenly a max of only 5 destinations there.

I had figured out the other trick of routing and cancelling, but I hoped there was a better way.

'Appreciate the tips!
Oh man! I didn't realize there was such a small maximum number of destinations in the "Today's Destinations" section. I can certainly think of times I would've planned more than five stops in a single day. One example would be when house-hunting and the realtor gives us a list of addresses to drive past.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
The "Today's Destinations" don't go away until either you reach the destination using the routing or you delete it from the list. If you stop short of where the Navi thinks the destination is, it leaves it on the list because it thinks you never finished the route. I'm in New Jersey on business and the Navi thinks the hotel is about half a mile further down the road than it really is. So it's been in "Today's Destinations" for about three weeks since I first came up here, even though I've had it map a route to the hotel on at least four different occasions.