Power outlet door removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Power outlet door removal

Hi! I'm trying to remove the little hinged cap that covers the power outlet in the dash - it applies just enough pressure to anything I have plugged into it to disconnect the device. Any suggestions besides just grabbing it with plyers and yanking it out? My Bluetooth failed along with my tape player so I'm trying to plug in a BT FM transmitter - don't feel like paying Acura lots of money for more crappy parts! 😎 I'm fine with low tech. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:58 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
i took mine off 7 years ago haha for the same exact reasons...here's my thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...t-door-757791/

summary: i just took a needle nose pliers and removed the spring lock and then slid the cap up on the pin to come off the top....then slid it down to remove it from the bottom and then it just came off nice and easy.

not sure if you have an oem aux jack (3.5mm) but if you do, this is what i'm using since my bluetooth has died twice on me. it works really well and auto connects!
https://www.amazon.com/Cymas-Bluetooth-Receiver-Adapter-Isolator/dp/B01GZT0U8Q/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_ =ya_aw_oh_bia_dp
Old 12-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Intermediate

Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one who hates that damn thing! Before pulling the spring, I may try to see if there is a way to bend it back to release the tension cause like you I would like some cover to prevent shorts when it's empty. Wish they just used the same strap cap as the one under the arm rest. Also not putting it right in front of the gear shift would have been helpful!

Sadly, mine didn't come with the oem aux in. I was humming along great for many years with the tape adapter until the player stopped working.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
you're welcome, that thing is a pain haha. i bought a super low profile usb plug so i just keep that in there all the time. haha yea it's in a weird spot right in front of the shifter!

you can probably find a used radio unit online or in a junkyard to get a functional tape player again

good luck!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,012 Likes on 758 Posts
Did someone say used radio? I have one out or my 05. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:47 PM
Intermediate

Thanks BreezyTL! I just got a Bluetooth FM gadget for phone and music, so not sure I need to replace the radio just yet. If it gets too staticky, I may holler back at you if you still have it available.

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Did someone say used radio? I have one out or my 05. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:52 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question about this thread - so the wooden hinge door that conceals this compartment (the one you press on to close shut/open) how do you remove this door? It gets in the way when I try to use a phone mount that plugs into the power outlet. Or is it not possible to remove this easily? Thanks!