PDA GPS Navi Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PDA GPS Navi Question

Does anyone know any PDA gps that can connect to the TL via bluetooth with either a built in bluetooth or wiht a bluetoottj adapter. I was thinking about this unit at www.miogps.com but wondering how i can get sound from the audio speakers. the built speaker is VERY weakkkkkk.
Thanks.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
check this site out dips.
http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/gpshardware.html
You can get a vent mounted holder with a built in speaker. I have been scouting a pda/gps combo myself...thinking about the axim x30 with their new bluetooth mapping package. Also if you buy a larger battery off ebay you wont need any cables whatsoever and should get 8-9 hours a charge.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dips009
Does anyone know any PDA gps that can connect to the TL via bluetooth with either a built in bluetooth or wiht a bluetoottj adapter. I was thinking about this unit at www.miogps.com but wondering how i can get sound from the audio speakers. the built speaker is VERY weakkkkkk.

Thanks.
dips009 - I am not sure what you are looking for. Do you want to take your Bluetooth PDA with Navigation software and send the audio from the PDA over to the TL's audio system via the Bluetooth?

If that's what you want, I'm afraid that you're out of luck. The 04TL's audio gateway for the Hands-Free Profile (HFP) is for phone use only. There is no Bluetooth mechanism in place that will accept audio from anything other than a Bluetooth HFP capable phone.

Also, unless your PDA supports the HFP, there's no hardware in your PDA to get the audio to the Bluetooth portion, either. If your PDA was also a cell phone, and you could hack the software in both the 04TL and the PDA, it's possible - but huge enough a task that it's out of reach for a lot of folks.