Parts needed for after market HU installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Parts needed for after market HU installation

I have a 2008 base TL without Navigation and I am upgrading the HU to an Alpine ILX-107. The retailer that I purchased this from said I would need the following parts to install this in my car:
  • Metra 40-HD10 HONDA ANT ADAPT CABLE 2005-UP
  • Metra 70-1721 Radio harness
  • Metra ASW-C1 Steering Wheel control interface
  • Metra 95-7815B Acura Dash Kit
I don't want to bypass the factory amp or lose my sub woofer ( i know i will lose the center channel) and with the help of some members here I did some searching and found krankitup.com which sells the complete dash kit along with the harness and steering wheel control interface and they say that with their kit "The factory amplifier does not have to be bypassed, and factory subwoofer can be hooked up to work with your new stereo".

Has anyone used this kit from krankitup in a similar install like mine? Should i get this kit and return the other stuff I got from the retailer? Thank you in advance for any input.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Advanced

Anyone?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,754 Likes on 6,751 Posts
What makes you think the existing system DOES bypass the factory amp or lose your sub?
Old 08-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thoiboi
What makes you think the existing system DOES bypass the factory amp or lose your sub?
Not quite sure what you mean....please keep in mind, not very technical when it comes to the audio of this car, never done a head unit upgrade before on a car. All I have been told is that if I replace the stock radio, I would lose the center channel and sub. Supposedly this kit from krank it up will prevent that. I am getting it installed this weekend so I will find out.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 199 Likes on 180 Posts
You'll have to tap into the subwoofer with 2 wires (+ & -)
also a 3rd wire for amp ON. These 3 are on the 2nd harness. The other harness is complete matching of wires for the plug and play harness. You don't need anything special except a wire harness for the Honda/Acura and some sort face bezel (not enough room really for a dash kit). I have my old krankitup bezel if you want to buy it. The metal OEM mounting bracket is good to use.