Over-whelmed... what's the best way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Over-whelmed... what's the best way to go?

I'm seriously over-whelmed... I've been to several car audio dealers including the big retailers in my local and surronding area. Everyone is giving me different options... some are telling me I need to do this... or go this way.

I want to upgrade my factory speakers while retaining the stock NAVI head-unit. I have a 2008' TL-S with a 12" JL W6 powered by a JL amp. Running a 4-gauge wire kit.

What do I need to upgrade the factory speakers? Do I really need to go with a LC6 or higher or something similiar to the LC6? Or can i skip on this option and still get good sound with aftermarket speakers and amp? Can I run just the front components with a 4-channel amp and maybe down the road upgrade the rear speakers? One shop told me that I'd blow my entire system if I did not upgrade the rears... I'm thinking they are blowing smoke up my a*s...

Definitely going to have the front two doors and rear trunk dynomatted...

I've read thru the FAQs but I'm being over-whelmed with a lot of info. What's the best recommendation on upgrading my factory speakers. Money isn't a concern but I don't want to blow a lot of cash on upgrading my speakers if I can get good sound at a decent price.

What's the best way to go?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:34 AM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by D R E W
I'm seriously over-whelmed... I've been to several car audio dealers including the big retailers in my local and surronding area. Everyone is giving me different options... some are telling me I need to do this... or go this way.

I want to upgrade my factory speakers while retaining the stock NAVI head-unit. I have a 2008' TL-S with a 12" JL W6 powered by a JL amp. Running a 4-gauge wire kit.

What do I need to upgrade the factory speakers? Do I really need to go with a LC6 or higher or something similiar to the LC6? Or can i skip on this option and still get good sound with aftermarket speakers and amp? Can I run just the front components with a 4-channel amp and maybe down the road upgrade the rear speakers? One shop told me that I'd blow my entire system if I did not upgrade the rears... I'm thinking they are blowing smoke up my a*s...

Definitely going to have the front two doors and rear trunk dynomatted...

I've read thru the FAQs but I'm being over-whelmed with a lot of info. What's the best recommendation on upgrading my factory speakers. Money isn't a concern but I don't want to blow a lot of cash on upgrading my speakers if I can get good sound at a decent price.

What's the best way to go?
Head over to Gig Harbor and talk to Travis at Gig Harbor Auto Works. I can highly recommend Travis as someone with a lot of experience who will give you solid advice without trying to sell you.

Check out his webpage:
You won't be sorry.