OEM radio working, but the LCD below vents is not displaying audio info...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Veeeee Tec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM radio working, but the LCD below vents is not displaying audio info...

Hello, All.

Long story short.. I got some water in my OEM radio and it broke. I purchased a radio from a junkyard. The radio works, but does not display -Radio station/CD track etcc on the LCD below the vents( I have NAVI). Also, the " Audio" button when you press it, does not display audio information on the Navi screen. It displayed it a few times and stopped...

Now i am thinking... Maybe its the connectors going from Navi to LCD vents?

PS: Before the new radio, i didnt have any sound at all, because the water destroyed it.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by TL6SPD

PS: Before the new radio, i didnt have any sound at all, because the water destroyed it.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
So your car was flooded or you spilled fluid onto the head unit? It sounds like you will have to replace the components where all the liquid seeped into. You probably have a bad harness somewhere between the radio/nav unit and the clock display or the clock display has been damaged by the water.

I think we need to hear the whole story to troubleshoot and determine the extent of the damage.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Veeeee Tec

Originally Posted by imakeholesinu
So your car was flooded or you spilled fluid onto the head unit? It sounds like you will have to replace the components where all the liquid seeped into. You probably have a bad harness somewhere between the radio/nav unit and the clock display or the clock display has been damaged by the water.

I think we need to hear the whole story to troubleshoot and determine the extent of the damage.
The car was not flooded. My sunroof drain holes were clogged, so a littlw ater seeping into the interior thru the "Sunroof control/dome light" area and it got into my cassette deck and the radio shorted out.

Do you maybe think the harness is loose?

Thank you!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by TL6SPD
The car was not flooded. My sunroof drain holes were clogged, so a littlw ater seeping into the interior thru the "Sunroof control/dome light" area and it got into my cassette deck and the radio shorted out.

Do you maybe think the harness is loose?

Thank you!
If that is the case it could be but also, if you have no text coming up on the display above the vents my guess is that water got into the housing around the display and damaged it as well. If that part was working before you replaced the head unit then it could be a harness.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Veeeee Tec

Originally Posted by imakeholesinu
If that is the case it could be but also, if you have no text coming up on the display above the vents my guess is that water got into the housing around the display and damaged it as well. If that part was working before you replaced the head unit then it could be a harness.

Hmm... I wonder if others can chime in... before i buy a new harness
Old 07-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Veeeee Tec

Originally Posted by tl6spd
hmm... I wonder if others can chime in... Before i buy a new harness

bump