Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OE radio specs?

thinking about upgrading the OE speakers, incl fr center and sub. anyone know:
sizes?
power handling?
resistance (ohm) ratings?
for all the speakers?
i'm hunting thru the shop manual now, but they (Honda) typically don't show this info in there...

NO, thankyou. i'm not interested in swapping out amps, replacing head units w/ car pc's, etc. i'm quite happy w/ the OE head unit and amp combo, but w/ all the buzzing in the rear deack and front doors i'm thinking of justswapping out the OE speakers and dynamatting-
Old 12-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mbwmn
thinking about upgrading the OE speakers, incl fr center and sub. anyone know:
sizes?
power handling?
resistance (ohm) ratings?
for all the speakers?
i'm hunting thru the shop manual now, but they (Honda) typically don't show this info in there...

NO, thankyou. i'm not interested in swapping out amps, replacing head units w/ car pc's, etc. i'm quite happy w/ the OE head unit and amp combo, but w/ all the buzzing in the rear deack and front doors i'm thinking of justswapping out the OE speakers and dynamatting-

There are a lot of threads about the rear deck buzzing. You can do some searches for the fix to that. I decided to put a sub box in my trunk because the factory sub caused the deck to buzz and did not have enough bass anyhow. The factory sub is rated 2ohms at 40watts, I dont know about the other speakers. If you read some of the other posts about speaker replacement most people don't recommend just replacing the speakers because the factory amp is equalized for the factory speakers, and does not sound very good with aftermarket speakers. If you are mostly unhappy because of the buzzing of the speaker grilles, you probably could fix that with dynamat, weather stripping etc. without changing the actual speakers. Hope this helped.

jjh1234