Nokia 6820 & HFL Transfer feature

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nokia 6820 & HFL Transfer feature

The HFL on the TL is supposed to have a transfer feature that you can use to transfer a call on yoru phone to/from the car.

So I have tried manually picking someone from the phonebook on my phone and pressing the call button on the phone. My phone is connected to the car, but the radio doesn't stop playing; there is sound coming from the phone, nor through the car for my call. I try to tell the car to transfer, and it responds with "No call in progress".

I've tried this multiple times without any luck. Is this just another 'feature' that doesn't work with my Nokia 6820?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nokia 6820

I have this phone also. You have to wait until the call is connecting then transfer. If it is just dialing, there is no call in progress.

I do have another question tho. Sometimes my car disconnects from my phone (the phone icon dissapears) and I can't get the HFL to work. Resetting the phone or bluetooth don't seem to allow the car to 'see' my phone. When I restart my car, it does pickup the phone signal again. Is there a way to reset the car to search for bluetooth without shutting the car off and restarting?

Thank you.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
.:HALCÓN DE LA NOCHE:.

On your phone go to your 'bluetooth menu'/paired devices/handsfreelink.... then press 'connect'.
No need to turn off your car.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ALTL
I have this phone also. You have to wait until the call is connecting then transfer. If it is just dialing, there is no call in progress.
So if the phone is still ringing, I have to wait until the person I'm calling actually picks up?

I would think/hope that it would work while its ringing since there is a signal between my phone and the cell tower at that point. Also when the phone is connected to the car and you dial from your phone, as I've said there is no sound, and I won't know when the person actually picks up. The only way to hear sound is to press the loudspeaker button on the phone, which disconnects the bluetooth connection with the car (making it then impossible to transfer).
Old 03-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Computer Techie Geek

I have a nokia 6600 as well. and I have similar problem as ADAMNJ.

I just gave up after a few tries .. instad resorted to another theory.

1. Find the persons number using phone's phone book. hit call. and them immed hit hang up button.
2. then use the car talk button and say "Redial" and it works like a charm.

Yes it will be nice for the transfer to work a little better though. Cause even after the person has picked up. and I am on the call, and I say "Transfer" the HFL says. "No phones have been found"

or sometimes its just terrible enough, that when I call, using phone (after my HFL is conneted in the Car) the call will jump back and forth randomly between HFL and my phone ... and inthe mean time the person on the other line is like "Hello .. helloo" and Loudspeaker is the only resort at them point in time.