NO Bluetooth!! PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:45 PM
2012 TL Tech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question NO Bluetooth!! PLEASE HELP!!

I got in my car the other day and all of the sudden my bluetooth didnt work. My voice command features still worked though. I pressed the button to activate the phone and I got nothing. I went to my heads up disp on my dash and scrolled over to Hands Free Link and all it reads is "Booting Up"!

Has anyone ever had this? Is there a fix? I took it to the dealership and they said it needs a new module...

I'm all ears!! Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,429 Posts
Try holding the call and end button for about 10-15 seconds and the HFL unit will run self diagnostics and maybe unstick it self from booting up.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:50 PM
2012 TL Tech

Interesting... Has this ever happened to you?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 07TLFIXITUP
Interesting... Has this ever happened to you?
yes, I disconnected the battery and let the car reset itself. After that I had to do the idle relearn (15 minutes of the car idling) then reset the window switches (2-3 minutes to do) and type in the radio codes and navi codes.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
2012 TL Tech

So if I just push the two together hopefully this will work? Or are you also suggesting that i disconnect the Batt too???
Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

So if I just push the two together hopefully this will work? Or are you also suggesting that i disconnect the Batt too???
Hold down the talk and end buttons that you would use with a phone call for 10-15 seconds together with the car running. This will force the HFL module to run self diagnostics and more than likely fix itself. If this doesn't work, then you would have to disconnect the battery.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
2012 TL Tech

Ok yeah... it didnt work.. i tried holding them both down for upwards of a couple minutes and nothing.. It just acts like its frozen... Idk anymore I'm gonna let the dealership fix it. athanks anyway..
Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My handsfree link is also broken

I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow at 2:00 pm to get mine looked at. Mine doesn't even beep.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by flemdeazy
I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow at 2:00 pm to get mine looked at. Mine doesn't even beep.
Please let me know what they say. Mine isn't beeping either.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Cruisin'

how did this work out for you guys??
Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 PM
10th Gear

Same thing is happening to my 06, any update on this?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

If you do take it to the dealer, they'll do a hard reset (which is mentioned in this thread).

I just had mine in on Friday for the same issue and this is what they did which worked... temporarily. By the time I picked my car back up at the end of the day the system was dead again. So make sure they check it again before you pick it up or check it before you drive off. I have to go back and get my system replaced.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Ok, so I use to use the Bluetooth feature, I will admit, it was pretty cool.

HOWEVER, I felt as if though, the people/cars can hear your conversation.

For example, I was at a stop light, got a call from my friend, and I noticed cars next to me were somewhat, trying to ignore the conversation. They were respectful to my conversation but I thought to myself, never going to let that same thing again and never hooked my phone to the bluetooth since.

So is it the same for you guys?
Have you guys ever felt like people outside can hear your conversation?

*Of course if driving on the highway going at 55-60 MPH, due to the wind pressure, no one can really hear your conversations.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbqkqh
Ok, so I use to use the Bluetooth feature, I will admit, it was pretty cool.

HOWEVER, I felt as if though, the people/cars can hear your conversation.

For example, I was at a stop light, got a call from my friend, and I noticed cars next to me were somewhat, trying to ignore the conversation. They were respectful to my conversation but I thought to myself, never going to let that same thing again and never hooked my phone to the bluetooth since.

So is it the same for you guys?
Have you guys ever felt like people outside can hear your conversation?

*Of course if driving on the highway going at 55-60 MPH, due to the wind pressure, no one can really hear your conversations.
really?! you have to ask that? just roll your windows up when you are at a stop. really?!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:51 PM
In Search Of Sunrise....

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
having the same issue on my 06... it used to work like a charm every time but started flaking out on me 2-3 months ago. Pain in the ass! Sometimes i have to power down/up the phone to get it to work... looking for a permanent fix.

tried the HFL self diag/reset but no luck for me.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Beasting Off The Resling

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea i seem to having some of the same problems with my bold 9700 and it connecting to the hfl when i enter the car. I'd say it connects about 65% of the time, but what good is it if i have to answer a call from my pocket 35% of the time. It also wont let me transfer my call from the phone over to the hfl even if it is connected. Any suggestions because a reset or self diagnosis wouldn't seem to be the answer to my auto connection issues.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM
2012 TL Tech

SO uhhhh.... yeah I forgot I started this thread lmao... Sorry guys... So here's the ditty....
Stealership said my car Bluetooth system was bad. They replaced it under warranty to the tune of $700!!! Now, all i gotta say is damn... Bc if I was going to have to pay for that, there was gonna be an upset guy with a gun.

My only problem with hearing this from you guys is, Why the hell are there so many problems with these radios/BT systems etc??? This is supposed to be one of the nicer cars out there. I tell ya, I may be looking at a Lexus next time.. maybe BMW... Idk... I love this damn car so it pisses me off when I get something I like and shit starts going wrong with it... lol

I KNOW that was blastfemous about the Lexus... I'm sorry guys... sorry lmao...
Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Cruisin'

Still no solution?

New member here... 2005 TL with Nav, got it this A.M. great car, 46K and clean. Everything works, but.... you guessed it the HFL. I have read about 20 posts about this, but no one (or I can't find it) has the SOLUTION, other than "it was replaced". and the guys that didn't have to pay out of pocket, happy and the others, really PO'ed.

SO, does anyone really know what the story is??

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 AM
3rd Gear

I just picked up an 06 TL and mine doesn't work either. BOOTING UP is all I get. I've read every post and all I get is it's bad. 700 bucks for us non warranty guys. Nnnnnot gonna happen. Back to the dark ages of a gay ear piece.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Cruisin'

There has got to be some other way to "reset" the HFL before we plunk down $$$.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Try a junk yard and pull the HFL. It's gotta be way cheaper.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
2012 TL Tech

Originally Posted by racura
I just picked up an 06 TL and mine doesn't work either. BOOTING UP is all I get. I've read every post and all I get is it's bad. 700 bucks for us non warranty guys. Nnnnnot gonna happen. Back to the dark ages of a gay ear piece.
^^LMAO!!! I laugh hard at ear piece people...

Originally Posted by Mopos
There has got to be some other way to "reset" the HFL before we plunk down $$$.
I agree.. and I'm looking too... I assume it will happen again but have no idea what to do..

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Try a junk yard and pull the HFL. It's gotta be way cheaper.
^^ Thats actually not a bad idea now that I think about it.

I also had ONE other thing in mind. These cars are basically run by computers. I wonder if either of you were to disconnect the battery for a minimum of 10-15 mins and let the memory reset if this would solve any issues. If there are this many cars with problems there HAS to be a way to figure it out!!! If either of you try this let me know if it works........
Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
2nd Gear

Have 2005TL for 4 years. Last month for the first time the bluetooth failed to sync up the phone when I got in the car.....Turned the phone off, then back on.........Everything then connected fine...........Still happens about once a week but the phone off/on fix seems to keep working..........Now always look at the bluetooth readout on the face of the radio each time I get in and start the car to see if it syncs before I take off...............
Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by mm492433
Yea i seem to having some of the same problems with my bold 9700 and it connecting to the hfl when i enter the car. I'd say it connects about 65% of the time, but what good is it if i have to answer a call from my pocket 35% of the time. It also wont let me transfer my call from the phone over to the hfl even if it is connected. Any suggestions because a reset or self diagnosis wouldn't seem to be the answer to my auto connection issues.
vvv:

Originally Posted by Farwest
Have 2005TL for 4 years. Last month for the first time the bluetooth failed to sync up the phone when I got in the car.....Turned the phone off, then back on.........Everything then connected fine...........Still happens about once a week but the phone off/on fix seems to keep working..........Now always look at the bluetooth readout on the face of the radio each time I get in and start the car to see if it syncs before I take off...............
I have a BB Bold as well. This is something that I have to do every once in a while as well.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Cruisin'

My 2005 worked 2 or 3 times in the last week. It says "booting up" 99% of the time. So, I know it works, therefore I feel that I don't need to replace it. Is this a common problem people are having too?
Old 07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
10th Gear

The HFL modules in the 04's have serious issues. The "fix" was to get an 05+ module. They all seem to "lock up" according to the posts. I'm not sure if a capacitor or something goes bad, but it would certainly be nice to see what is _actually_ happening on the module. The replacement will fail, it's a worthless $700 for the person without a warranty.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
9th Gear

Yeah i had issues with my 04. All i did was let it reset (disconnect the battery) and once i reconnected, it all worked fine again. Only had the problem once though. But if that doesnt work then your HFL system is fried and you need to have it replaced (VERY COSTLY)
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 PM
2012 TL Tech

Originally Posted by Mopos
My 2005 worked 2 or 3 times in the last week. It says "booting up" 99% of the time. So, I know it works, therefore I feel that I don't need to replace it. Is this a common problem people are having too?
When mine read "BOOTING UP", was when I had the problem.

Originally Posted by moraisjr7
Yeah i had issues with my 04. All i did was let it reset (disconnect the battery) and once i reconnected, it all worked fine again. Only had the problem once though. But if that doesnt work then your HFL system is fried and you need to have it replaced (VERY COSTLY)
Reading this many posts, I think ALL of you that are expierencing problems, should disconnect the battery. O'm not going to reread all the posts but i'm pretty sure for everyone that DID indeed disconnect the battery, it appearantly fixed the problem.

Is there any wayn we could do an expierment? Can we get 2 people with this problem to do a Batt disconnect and report back???
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
When mine read "BOOTING UP", was when I had the problem.

Is there any wayn we could do an expierment? Can we get 2 people with this problem to do a Batt disconnect and report back???
I'll be doing this today, putting in my Redtop anyways. Will let you know. (FYI, mine does just say 'booting up', and it won't even beep for voice command. I have the 06.)
Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Cruisin'

I did disconnect the battery - and did all the fuse pulling one could do. The HFL did work after that, but only a few times here and there. I didn't try it again. It still says "Booting up" most of the time. BTW, the dealer is going to replace it for me - no charge. I got lucky.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Jmr

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Handsfree stopped linking with motorola razr

I have a 2004 TL and had successfully paired with a motora razr v3. Car battery got weak/low voltage. Replaced car battery without losing power to electronics(no codes required to be entered). Handsfree stopped pairing before I replaced battery. Battery replacement didnt solve problem . When I try to pair the phone, I get to the step where it asks to name the phone....I hit the talk button to name the phone ....and it disconnects. Should I clear everything? I will try the reset first by holding the talk and back button for 10-15 seconds. Appreciate any hints to get the handsfree working again. Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Jmr

I tried the reset...holding down the talk and back buttons for 10 -15 seconds. Cleared out phonebook but didnt fix the problem. Called the acura dealership .....was told their experience was that the module needed to be replaced. ...So I guess the next thing to do is try unhooking battery....or just get a junk yard TL 05 (04 module has problems) handsfree module?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmriley
...So I guess the next thing to do is try unhooking battery....or just get a junk yard TL 05 (04 module has problems) handsfree module?
I'd try unhooking the battery for 20 minutes and touching the car's battery cables together to completely discharge the electrical system just because it's easier than driving to the junkyard.

Remember to have your radio and Navigation codes at hand to reactivate the audio and Navi after the battery is reconnected.

G/L.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Jmr

Navigation code? 2004 TL?

Is there a navigation code for the 2004 TL? All I have is the code for the radio? Same thing or different?

Once I figure that out I will unhook the battery cable to see if that resets the bluetooth....worth a try...but dont want to kill my navigation.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bluescreenofdeath
I'll be doing this today, putting in my Redtop anyways. Will let you know. (FYI, mine does just say 'booting up', and it won't even beep for voice command. I have the 06.)
no luck here. will be taking it in to the dealership next week.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmriley
Is there a navigation code for the 2004 TL? All I have is the code for the radio? Same thing or different?
The Navigation code is a 4-digit number and radio code is 5 digits (or vice-versa ); both codes should be on a plastic card that came with the owner's manuals and paperwork.

If you don't have the code card, check to see if both codes are written on a sticker placed in the glove compartment area or under the hood.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Jmr

Thanks much
Old 08-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

Mine just recently quit pairing as well. I tried to add my phone again and tried to add my girlfriends phone when it wouldn't find either of them. My guess is I need a new module too.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:58 PM
3rd Gear

I have an '06 TL that suddenly stopped working about 6 weeks ago and have read about multiple people that have had the units go bad relatively recently. So I was taking the car into the dealer for some other routine maintenance and because I was having issues with a TPMS system error as well as the HFL not working. The TMPS was completely covered under warranty but the HFL was not, even though I purchased the extended warranty w/ electronics coverage when I bought the car in August '07. Here's the kicker, back when I bought the car, CostGuard did not cover HFL module failures (even with the electronics package) even though their contract does not specifically include or exclude HFL units.

I spoke to the finance manager at the dealer who went to bat for me with CostGuard with no luck. I found out after hearing it from the dealer and spending 30 minutes on the phone w/ CostGuard (and some arguing) that back when they were writing policies in '07, HFL units were not specifically included. However, in policies written since '08, they now include HFL as a covered unit.

Bottom line is I bought an extended warranty thinking (and assuming) I was buying a contract in all good faith that would cover me bumper-to-bumper without question to 100k. WRONG.

I'm not going to knock CostGuard or the dealer but a strong word of caution...read every last detail and if you have any questions, get them answered before you sign on the dotted line. If it's not specifically EXcluded does not mean it will be INcluded when it comes time for the warranty company to pony up the $$.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Intermediate

I needed a new module. I still have acura care to 100,000miles they picked up everything. would have been around 700 for part and labor. Sorry I know this doesn't do much for you guys out of warranty.

Quick Reply: NO Bluetooth!! PLEASE HELP!!