New Verizon RAZR V3c and 06 TL problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Verizon RAZR V3c and 06 TL problem

Hi hopefully someone can help, I have an 06 TL that we just purchased along with a new Verizon RAZR V3c. I paired the phone and it recognized it, the only problem is now if I have the phone on and get in the car and start up it doesnt sync with the phone, I have to go in the phone settings and look for devices then it will work, but after I leave the car and go in it again I have to do that over and over. Any ideas please?
Old 12-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Racer

Try this!

I have a silver Cingular Razr v3 and I have not had any problems since the original pairing, except one time I had to turn the phone on and off to get it to connect. You might want to check your settings on your phone. If your menus are the same as mine, try this

Goto:

Menu - Settings - Connection - Bluetooth Link - Device History - HandsFreeLink TM

Access: Automatic should be set

If this is OK, I would start over by removing all Handsfree Devices and clearing the Device History from your phone and try again by following the instructions that came with your TL.

If still no go then I would try a friend's phone and see if you get the same problem

Good Luck
jjh1234
Old 12-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Cruisin'

Thats ok

Ok those are the settings that are on the phone, I went ahead and did a master clear and tried pairing the phone and after several attempts where it got to the point where I name the phone I would say the name and it says "Melissas phone matches melissas phone please say a new or longer name" then when I try to rename it disconnects from ahnds free, well after doing this about 20 times It finally recognized a name and paired the phone successfully. My question is how does the bluetooth actually work? And here is what I mean. Ok the phone is powered up and i get into the TL and it recognizes it, thats good, but I noticed another scenario where im driving aloong to work in the morning and realize my phone isnt on and I go ahead and turn it on IT DOES NOT pair with car whether im driving or in park, it only pairs to the phone if the phone is on first then I get into the car and start it. Does the car look for bluetooth devices when the car is started only?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Intermediate

That's how it works. On my Nokia 6600, if I power up the phone AFTER starting the car, I have to manually force the connection from the phone.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:40 AM
Cruisin'

So its normal?

Ok thanks, I know My Verizon E815 would sync with car after its been started and the phone turned on, the Razr doesnt. Ok thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Racer

Did you get it to work? I bought the V3c and it works perfectly with my 05. Keep at it and it will work somehow.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Cruisin'

I think so

It syncs with the car if the phone was on prior to me getting in the car, if I turn the phone on after the car is started it doesnt sync. Kind of like Opti is experiencing. I guess thats normal with this setup.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Burning Brakes

You have to also consider that this is the first CDMA version of the RAZR and Verizon has a history of crippling the bluetooth on their phones.

I guess what I'm saying is just because the GSM RAZR's that have been out for quite awhile work with the TL HFL, doesn't mean the crippled CDMA RAZR will also work.

Just something to consider.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Racer

Well no, like I said, yours shouldnt have a problem. Set everything up and as long as the phone is on and in the car as you start the car up it will work. If the phone is off and then you turn it on, you will have to go into the menu and have the phone look for the Hands Free Link.

Also, with regards to the bluetooth, the Verizon doesnt have the OPP or whatever but the OBEX isnt crippled. All the V3c owners have successfully transferred things via Bluetooth. Seems like Verizon is changing its act.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Advanced

does the RAZR with Verizon show everything?

Ok, I currently have the Motorola e815 and the MID shows everything, i.e. battery life, signal strength and calller id. I am thinking of switching to RAZR with Verizon. Does the RAZR show everything like the e815 does?

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
FOR SALE - BM

I am having the same problem as mentioned. i have a unlocked/unbranded black razr. everytime i get into the car i need to go into the bluetooth and manually turn the bluetooth on. Once on, it then connects to the phone automatically. i just set all my other bluetooth icons to "always ask" and i set the HFL to "automatic" we will see if this works. my MID only displays the signal and phone number. no names or battery life is shown. When in the car i put my phone in the center armrest compartment plugged in to the power outlet. the razr seems to suck the power down while in the bluetooth mode. I will keep posted if the auto connect works.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vingengi
Ok, I currently have the Motorola e815 and the MID shows everything, i.e. battery life, signal strength and calller id. I am thinking of switching to RAZR with Verizon. Does the RAZR show everything like the e815 does?

Thanks!

I have a two month old unlocked silver Razr v3 from Cingular and it does not show the battery life, but does show signal strength and caller id. Functionally, it works great.

jjh1234
Old 12-21-2005, 01:10 AM
10th Gear

My Razr is working well, signal stregnth, battery life, etc. all show up on HFL. I've had to turn on bluetooth seek or whatever you call it each time I get in the car, but just found the bluetooth on option, hopefully that'll solve that.

The problem I'm having is with 'sending' numbers during a call. I.e. putting in your code during voicemail etc. I followed the instructions, but everytime I do it, the phone call turns into a high pitched signal noise, and I have to turn off and turn back on my rzr before I can make another call with it. Anyone experience this?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:05 PM
acurazine sucks

working on this too

I just bought my wife a RAZR for Christmas and I was fooling around with the phone today. I wasn't doing anything with the TL, just trying to send contacts from my Bluetooth phone to her RAZR. There seems to be a strange Motorola implementation of Bluetooth that times out after a process completes. For example, i'd send one phonebook entry - the RAZR would get the transmission - then the Bluetooth connection on the RAZR would shut down.

It looks like something similar happens at "power up" on the RAZR. As the phone initializes, the Bluetooth icon flashes - seemingly to indicate that it is searching for a Bluetooth connection. Maybe Motorola has decided that Bluetooth eats too much battery power and requires a restart every time. I HOPE NOT. This would be miserable for someone who's in and out of his car many times a day.

I'll experiment a little tonight and reply if I come up with any ideas. I might have to wait until after Christmas to fully test the TL link, lest I reveal the true coolness of my gift. ;-)
Old 12-21-2005, 09:49 PM
acurazine sucks

RAZR is cool

I paired the new RAZR and it works fine. Looks like the TL will find it as long as you have BT turned on at the RAZR menu. My service isn't turned on yet, but I think all is well.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:58 AM
1st Gear

Solution to this problem

Originally Posted by crwmlw
Hi hopefully someone can help, I have an 06 TL that we just purchased along with a new Verizon RAZR V3c. I paired the phone and it recognized it, the only problem is now if I have the phone on and get in the car and start up it doesnt sync with the phone, I have to go in the phone settings and look for devices then it will work, but after I leave the car and go in it again I have to do that over and over. Any ideas please?
To fix this problem, do the following on your RAZR V3:

1) Press the bar button ("-") from the main phone screen.
2) Select the "Settings" icon.
3) Scroll down and select "Connection".
4) Select the "Bluetooth Link" icon.
5) Scroll down and select "Setup".
6) Scroll down and select "Power".
7) Select "On" in the "Power" menu.

That's it. The "Power" option should now say "On". Bluetooth is now on all the time and your TL should find your phone automatically. (Press "Back" 5 times and you are back at the main menu when you are done.)

Note that your battery will probably drain faster with Bluetooth on all the time. Also their may be a slight security risk to leaving Bluetooth enabled all the time. So if you are Paris Hilton you might want to turn off Bluetooth when you don't need it... :-)

Hope this Helps,

Vactrol
Old 12-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Me101
My Razr is working well, signal stregnth, battery life, etc. all show up on HFL. I've had to turn on bluetooth seek or whatever you call it each time I get in the car, but just found the bluetooth on option, hopefully that'll solve that.

The problem I'm having is with 'sending' numbers during a call. I.e. putting in your code during voicemail etc. I followed the instructions, but everytime I do it, the phone call turns into a high pitched signal noise, and I have to turn off and turn back on my rzr before I can make another call with it. Anyone experience this?

I just got my 06 TL and the VZW razr and I also get this high pitched noise you describe. It happens whenever i try to send numbers during a call (both voicemail and *1 traffic info). I haven't found any fix to it yet so i'm stuck with entering the numbers on the phone by hand.

However, I have zero problems with the phone pairing automatically. It even pairs when i turn on the phone with the TL already running.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:10 AM
CPR
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 144 Posts
V3 Razr

I agree with VACTROL
I have an '05 TL, paired with a V3 Razr/TMobile
Works great, but does not show battery strength, just signal, & caller I.D.
Happy holidays!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by huberc
I just got my 06 TL and the VZW razr and I also get this high pitched noise you describe. It happens whenever i try to send numbers during a call (both voicemail and *1 traffic info). I haven't found any fix to it yet so i'm stuck with entering the numbers on the phone by hand.

However, I have zero problems with the phone pairing automatically. It even pairs when i turn on the phone with the TL already running.

Huberc, I spoke with Acura Handfreelink Helpline yesterday and the Razr isn't yet approved for use with it, so they don't support it yet. They guy was as helpful as he could be, but said it could be from one to three months before they figure out whether they will support it or not. I wonder if there will be a fix for this 'sending' numbers problem or if that's just the way it will be. If so, I might exchange my Razr for an 815 before the exchange period expires...rats...!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts
Razor Help

I have the Razr too and if you go to settings, connections, Bluetooth, set-up and change power off to power on and that will link you automatically.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:01 AM
2nd Gear

V3C, Verzion and Acura TL 2006

I just got the Razr v3c from Verizon. My Acura TL (2006) does not "see" it - just eventually times out. How did you guys manage to get it to work? I had the V710 with Verizon, and had no problems with it.
I do have bluetooth power on, I selected "Find Me" on the phone, but it never did work.
I know that the phone works in another vehicle I have with TomTom Go 700. No problem with the TomTom, though the V710 didn't work with it.
Thanks.
-Michael
Old 12-23-2005, 12:18 AM
Instructor

My Razor V3c paired right up to my 06 TL. You actually need to go to bluetooth link, select handsfree then "look for devices." It should find your TL, ask if you want to link to it and then the four digit code. The find me option under set up does not work. Good luck!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Advanced

I had a problem when changing to the razr from a 515. I went into phone setup, cleared everything and started over. Worked like a charm.

ML
Old 12-24-2005, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

V3C, Verzion and Acura TL 2006

Thanks! That did work perfectly for me ("look for devices").
Old 12-24-2005, 06:07 PM
6th Gear

phone

i have the same phone the razor v3c from verizon and mine works great with the car no complaints at all. it took a few tries to get the car to recognize the phone but once it did there hasent been any probs.
i love it. the best of the 3 or four bluetooths ive set up .
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by travism56
i have the same phone the razor v3c from verizon and mine works great with the car no complaints at all. it took a few tries to get the car to recognize the phone but once it did there hasent been any probs.
i love it. the best of the 3 or four bluetooths ive set up .

12/27/05

Verizon Razr

i get the battery icon, signal strength, and caller ID. Works awesome.

Sang
Old 12-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Instructor

also, if you go to circuit city you get the phone at discount of $199 (same with everywhere else if you sign up with a 2 year agreement) but you also get a $75 gift card from circuit city.

expires at the new year

sang
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Intermediate

I get this weird noise that happens twice right after I make a call, but before it starts ringing. It kind of sounds like white noise but gets very loud twice before it starts ringing. Does anyone else have the same thing that happens? I've got the VZW Razr with an 06 TL 6MT w/nav.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by huberc
I get this weird noise that happens twice right after I make a call, but before it starts ringing. It kind of sounds like white noise but gets very loud twice before it starts ringing. Does anyone else have the same thing that happens? I've got the VZW Razr with an 06 TL 6MT w/nav.

yeh i get that, its more like a speakerfone sound, i don't worry about it, its not that bad,

one thing though.

when i dial a number out and talk to someone, is it possible to have the MID screen show the phone number you dialed?

i get caller id and see who's calling me, but the number never stays.

sang
Old 12-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Anyone else notice this??

I just got the Razr from Verizon and it paired to my '05 TL perfectly.... However, I noticed that it, like my previous v710, likes to be in 'vibrate only' mode when using HFL.

With my v710, if I had the ringer on low, when an incoming call came thru, the HFL would connect then disconnect after a few seconds
I also learned from the people calling me, that they could hear the music I was listening to and faintly hear me saying 'hello?' before the call was dropped.

When I switched the v710 to 'vibrate only', I got each and every call with no problems. I conducted a little test with the Razr and found the same thing.... Ringer on = dropped call, Vibrate on = perfect reception.

Has anyone else experienced this anomoly or is it just me?

BTW: My MID shows batt. and signal strength as well as CID. Not sure if there is a more recent version (probably not since the phone is so new), but I have S/W version GATW_01.0F.02.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by erok72
When I switched the v710 to 'vibrate only', I got each and every call with no problems. I conducted a little test with the Razr and found the same thing.... Ringer on = dropped call, Vibrate on = perfect reception.

Has anyone else experienced this anomoly or is it just me?

BTW: My MID shows batt. and signal strength as well as CID. Not sure if there is a more recent version (probably not since the phone is so new), but I have S/W version GATW_01.0F.02.

not me, my razr starts ringing, and then the MID starts to show the CID.

sang
Old 01-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Just got a Verizon RAZR v3c.

Paired it very easily with the car but noticed two issues which were already mentioned:

1) after placing a call, just before it starts to ring, I hear two loud clicks/pops, kinda annoying

2) "sending" extra digits after placing a call (e.g., your PIN for voicemail) causes the razr to get hung up with a loud DTMF sound, as if someone is keeping their finger pressed on one of the numeric keys. Have to power cycle the phone to reset it.

Anyone know how the "pause" feature is supposed to work in the HFL phonebook? I tried storing my voicemail with the pin embedded after a pause but it never sent the extra digits.

Anyone know if it's possible to have the VZW voicemail NOT ask you for your PIN when retrieving your VM from your own cell phone?

Jason
Old 01-02-2006, 04:41 PM
10th Gear

Jason, I'm having the same problem with my verizon razr and tl 06 w/navi. The pone pairs up great, sounds great, everything reads out in the MID, but when I try to 'send' numbers it makes that high sound you describe and I have to turn the phone on and off before I can make another call.

Anybody else run into this problem/been able to solve it? My return period is ending soon and I['m thinking of swtiching the rzr for an 815 if I can't get the 'send' function to work with HFL. thanks!
Old 01-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the motorola v710 its the best verizon phone ive had. I really want the razor what do you think. Ive heard the service w/the razor is the same if not better is this true.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by russ0813
I have the motorola v710 its the best verizon phone ive had. I really want the razor what do you think. Ive heard the service w/the razor is the same if not better is this true.
Thanks in advance.
I switched my e815 to the Razr as soon as it came out from Verizon. Sometimes I wish I have my e815 back. The battery life on the Razr is not as good. It makes sense. The battery pack is also slim like the phone. I find myself charging the Razr almost everyday. As for the reception, I think the e815 is a tad better. Maybe because it has an external antenna???

If you can demo the Razr for about a week and be able to return it with no questions ask, then you should give it a shot.

Good luck!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Instructor

Ill see if I can trial it. Thanks As for the battery I usually charge my phone everyday anyway. So is it ok
Old 03-15-2006, 12:42 AM
10th Gear

I also have a razr v3c. After pairing it with HFL I am pretty happy with it, but I have noticed a problem in addition to what has been mentioned in this thread. While talking to another person they have said that I sound fine, but the incoming sound from them actually sounds distorted (just a tad), as if they are yelling into the phone so there is some slight feedback. I tried lowering the audio volume in the car as well as the phone volume, but sill seems to happen. Anyone else with the v3c experiencing this? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Instructor

Interesting thread. I have Verizon and want to go Bluetooth, but i don't know if the Razr or the E815 is the best choice for my 05 TL...
Old 03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Instructor

I got the razr so far so good I love it. Everything shows up on the mid battery life and signal. As for the car recognizing it when I get in I haven't had a problem yet.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:50 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Me101
Huberc, I spoke with Acura Handfreelink Helpline yesterday and the Razr isn't yet approved for use with it, so they don't support it yet. They guy was as helpful as he could be, but said it could be from one to three months before they figure out whether they will support it or not. I wonder if there will be a fix for this 'sending' numbers problem or if that's just the way it will be. If so, I might exchange my Razr for an 815 before the exchange period expires...rats...!
I had same problem - Motorola released new software version for RAZR - Mine is through Verizon, they instlled it and now it does not freak out when entering special characters - although, pause does not do what it is supposed to do.

Quick Reply: New Verizon RAZR V3c and 06 TL problem