New TL owner and having Navi issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 09:29 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL owner and having Navi issues

Hello!

I just purchased a new ( to me at least ), 2005 Acura TL. I have done some searching but I can't find what maybe related to my issue.

So the navigation is stuck at the previous owner's house location. I have already updated the user's address and all that.

so here is an example of my issue.

I enter a an address to go to, it does the route and all that like a normal GPS. But the little arrow does not move from the pervious owner's location. the voice just tells me " make a right up ahead, make a left up ahead etc." the arrow does spin in circle while I drive around so it kind of wants to work but it seems to be stuck there.

He told me its the disc that needs to be replaced but before I spend $110 on a new disc, I wanna know if that the issue.

-Erick
Old 02-20-2016, 09:31 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't seem to be able to editing my post but when it says " make a right, left etc" its only says that like if it wants to leave the location where its stuck.

If that makes sense.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
I have switched to Nexus 7 so I don't have access to my stock navi screen anymore but I think you have to go into the service menu by pressing MENU+MAP+CANCEL

Once the service menu is up, you can probably find a reset option to reset it to factory. It would be worth a try.