NEW MEMBER with questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up NEW MEMBER with questions

Hi guys.. I was a member of the RX-8 forum, but very very happy to join the TL forum..

THe TL i am getting has the navi. What is the dvd audio for??? what am i gonna beable to play on it??

Also is the navi pretty easy to operate?? any tips would be great

How is the audio system in it. I hear its pretty good.

thanks guys
Old 07-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome.

The navi is very easy to use, one of the best I think. I was able to use mine without really having to read the manual, but it does help.

The dvd-audio is for special dvd-audio disks, sounds very good, but it's one of those things that is probably going to die a slow death. But the stereo is pretty good by itself anyway. I know that some will disagree, but I think it's fine.

Read the site, pick up the information when you need it, and open your wallet for the mods.

;-)

Dave
Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Instructor

thanks for the tips!!!! Cant wait to get it!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Welcome.
The Navi system on the TL comes with a larger manual than the owner's manual. However, the Navi is a great, easy-to-use system with redundant control methods (voice, touchscreen, pointer/cursor). If you can use a computer to send e-mail and review the quick-reference user's guide that comes with the car, you'll never need to open the Navi system manual.
I'm not an audiophile and I don't play heavy rap or loud rock with huge aftermarket subwoofers that set off car alarms along the way, but I agree with Dave above- the stock sound system sounds really good to me.
Are you giving up an RX-8? I was considering a manual RX-8 before settling on the TL for better gas mileage and automatic transmission. RX-8 is a great driving car, though.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Intermediate

i think the navi is pretty self explanitory, i haven't really looked at the manual, just use it for a while and you'll get the hang of it. i hear honda/acura's navi are one of the best.

the audio is probably one of the better ones compared to stock. but i definitely do hear rumbling and vibrations if it's turned up too high. never had the chance to experience dvd-audio though .. probably never will =x
Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Will Y.
Welcome.
The Navi system on the TL comes with a larger manual than the owner's manual. However, the Navi is a great, easy-to-use system with redundant control methods (voice, touchscreen, pointer/cursor). If you can use a computer to send e-mail and review the quick-reference user's guide that comes with the car, you'll never need to open the Navi system manual.
I'm not an audiophile and I don't play heavy rap or loud rock with huge aftermarket subwoofers that set off car alarms along the way, but I agree with Dave above- the stock sound system sounds really good to me.
Are you giving up an RX-8? I was considering a manual RX-8 before settling on the TL for better gas mileage and automatic transmission. RX-8 is a great driving car, though.

Yes i sold my RX-8 for a few reasons.. First reason was my wife and I are expecting so it was discussed to get a diff car. I loved the look of the 8. its handles awesome.. Gas was a bit iffy. Lack of power was another reason.. My 8 had navi. but nothing like the TL.. Due to the 18" wheels the ride was kinda rough. U heard every bump and felt it..

I used to be into the subs and stuff but fall out of it.. My 8 had the BOSE system in it.. and i wasnt impressed at all.

IM very happy to be getting a TL and cant wait to drive in it everyday!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a modest selection of DVD-As (and I mean modest... less than 10!) and they sound great in the car, especially when compared to regular CDs, and heaven forbid, XM! The factory sound system is very good when compared against other factory systems. Of course, you can do much better with aftermarket upgrades to the sound system. My advice is to listen to it first, as long as you don't turn it up too loud that it starts distorting, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Just make sure you don't judge the quality of the sound system based on the XM source!