New Beta of Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo (now supports mp3, FLAC, and more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:36 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
New Beta of Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo (now supports mp3, FLAC, and more)

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet but there is an update to DVD Audio Solo that looks pretty interesting. Here is what caught my eye: (my comments in italics)
Support 4 new input audio file formats in addition to WAV and AIF:
.mp3 - Lossy compressed audio format
.flac - FLAC lossless compressed file (similar to MLP)
.ogg - Lossy compressed audio file (similar to mp3)
.cue - Cue sheet specifies the layout of tracks of a big audio file and is used for partitioning a big audio file to a number of individual tracks. Support is limited to stereo files only.
Very cool
Extract (or Rip) tracks from DVD-Audio discs (non encrypted and non MLP encoded) to WAV files.
Might let folks get back tracks from DVD-As they made and then lost all the individual tracks (like an HDD crash).

New DVD burning engine, improved compatibility with more DVD writers and better support for double layer discs.
If I only had a DL burner....
I'll probably play around with it more later this month but figured I'd let everybody know it was out there.

For those of you unfamiliar with DVD Audio Solo it is probably the best value out there (for pay-ware) for making DVD-A disks. It's current trial will make 5 DVD-As before you need to buy it for about $35 usd. It seems to have needed far less patches (think Ulead) and is less $ than others tools that may, or may not, make you get a suite of tools. (No, I'm not affiliated with them in any way)

Lastly... this is a beta so there may still be some bugs...I'm just saying it's out there not making any recommendations as to if you should use it.

www.cirlinca.com is the site.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I just got done with my first disk ans tested it in my car, the program works like a charm, i have 3 more disks on the free trial and then i think im going to buy the full version because its the cheapest way to put 600+ songs on our ELS system considering its all software baised,

on a side note i think i will catalog (laminated ect..) all my songs and keep that on hand for my passanges to view my library as only track numbers are listed and no other data displayed.

*I have one question adobeman, on a DVD+R D/L disk can we use all 8-9 gb meaning almost 200+ songs depending on quality and avg. length? if thats true then 6 dual layer disks have a potential to hold nearly 60 GB of data? that means our standard sound system rivals large Ipod's in its storage space... SWEET!

Thanks for doing the reaserch adobeman!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Instructor

ipod alows you to playback compressed mp3 format and dvd-a disks are uncompressed so they will use more room per song, but you can still fit a ton of songs on a dvd i had 70 and i bumped up the quality settings too..

Good Night
Old 01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by dennisil
*I have one question adobeman, on a DVD+R D/L disk can we use all 8-9 gb meaning almost 200+ songs depending on quality and avg. length? if thats true then 6 dual layer disks have a potential to hold nearly 60 GB of data? that means our standard sound system rivals large Ipod's in its storage space... SWEET!
Navigation to songs is the real "Achilles heel".

With 6 DL DVDs you could approach the 1000 CD quality song count but by the time you figure out where they are and wait for the changer to swap discs and you to have to possibly change groups it does get tedious. I've printed out song/track lists for DVD-As I'v made and lets just say they are an "eye test". One for a DL disk would be even tougher. How about a database on a Palm or a pocket PC that your passengers could browse? What's one more device hooked up in the car.... (just kidding). I do like the idea of a "Song List" to hand your passengers. Sort of like those 5 page beer tap lists at some fancy pubs. Bound in leather to match your interior would be appropriate

A 60g iPod could save them all as wav as well but be far easier to navigate and handle custom play lists. I'm not saying I'd use an iPod for wav files, just illustrating a point.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Instructor

what are "groups"? i saw that in the program and i wasnt sure of how that could be utlized when making a DVD-A?

I have also considerd just keeping a list of artists and what number track they are on rather than a long list of names, or another posibility would be to have a set number of tracks alloted to each artist say 20-25 tracks each and just pick ot the best songs of some artists so that i could fit the "playlist" on a single sheet of paper. DVD-R's just got so damn chep lately that I am feeling like trying a bunch of diffrent ways till i find a way that works best for me, i just picked up a 50 pack 16x hp dvd-r for 13$ (tigerdirect.com)
Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

what are "groups"? i saw that in the program and i wasnt sure of how that could be utlized when making a DVD-A?

I have also considerd just keeping a list of artists and what number track they are on rather than a long list of names, or another posibility would be to have a set number of tracks alloted to each artist say 20-25 tracks each and just pick ot the best songs of some artists so that i could fit the "playlist" on a single sheet of paper. DVD-R's just got so damn chep lately that I am feeling like trying a bunch of diffrent ways till i find a way that works best for me, i just picked up a 50 pack 16x hp dvd-r for 13$ (tigerdirect.com)
DVDA allows for 9 groups of up to 99 songs. It's likely you will run out of disk room for songs well before you get to that many songs. The typical use for groups in in commercial DVDA where there are different formats of the same songs in different groups. In the TL you can change groups by holding the scan and rpt button together. The HU will beep and then switch groups. I personally don't use groups since switching them is slower to me than just "jamming on"" the previous or next buttons.

A agree a bout just trying different things. You will always learn more when you experiment !
Old 01-05-2007, 10:02 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a general question: I am a live music aficionado and have a huge collection. I have recently downlaoded a bunch of shows that are 24 bit Flac files. Do I jsut downlaod them to wav files and then burn them on a program like this one?

Thanks....

Jeff
Old 01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Originally Posted by alembic54
Here's a general question: I am a live music aficionado and have a huge collection. I have recently downlaoded a bunch of shows that are 24 bit Flac files. Do I jsut downlaod them to wav files and then burn them on a program like this one?

Thanks....

Jeff
It sounds like you can use them directly with this new beta with no need to convert them to wav. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear

Dvd-a Burning

Hi dennisil,i just bought 06-TL and i am tring to burn the DVD Audio but could not manage to get one done that will play in my Acura TL DVD audio player..i saw your posting and i figured out that you burned some DVD Audio disks which you can able to play in your car (Acura TL) player, can you please tell me which soft ware you have used to do this and the detail procedure how have you done this, your help is greatly appreciated.thanks in advance..

Well I just got done with my first disk ans tested it in my car, the program works like a charm, i have 3 more disks on the free trial and then i think im going to buy the full version because its the cheapest way to put 600+ songs on our ELS system considering its all software baised,

on a side note i think i will catalog (laminated ect..) all my songs and keep that on hand for my passanges to view my library as only track numbers are listed and no other data displayed.

Thanks for doing the reaserch adobeman!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

can any one help me how to burn a DVD audio which can be played in my ACURA TL player..i have DVD-R burner in my computer so i am using DVD-R disk's..i have tried all the ways what i know but no luck.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
thanks for the info adobeman
Old 01-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
acura 1117 if you type "dvd-a creation" in the search funtion you will get a fair amout of threads with all the info you will to find out how to do it. i use cinclara dvd audio solo program yes you have have to pay for it but its easy to use/learn and its only 35 bucks it makes making dvd-a's simple once you get the hang of it
Old 01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
10th Gear

Using CD-quality WAV files, how much music can I fit on one standard DVD-R disc? An hour? Six hours? Ten?

In general. I just want to have an idea before I start authoring.