New '07 Owner - HFL w/Navi Integration

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New '07 Owner - HFL w/Navi Integration

I noticed the other day that when calling a business I've located using the Navi, the system puts a 1 in front of the number. Unfortunately, in Atlanta, we don't dial 1 before local numbers...

I have looked through the manual (and could have very possibly missed it) and searched this forum (https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=dialing) and haven't found a solution...

Does anyone have any ideas about how to remove the 1 or a page on this site or in the manual with an answer?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum from one Atlanta member to the other! Since you're using your cell phone, the system could be using the phone's built in feature of automatically dialing 1 before a 10 digit number. I know that when someone calls me who's not in my address book, my system will show a 1 in front of it, but not all the time. The same applies when I am just using my cell phone without the HFL.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the reply!

I tried another number again last night, and even though it put the 1 in front again - this time the call went through, so I suppose it's possible that the first number I tried to call using the system was actually just out of service - otherwise, who knows. I will have to try a few more times and see which scenario prevails. It probably is the phone though, since with all the TL's I see in Atlanta, I'm sure there would be a million posts about it on these boards.

In any case, I'm planning on picking up a new phone soon, but wanted to wait until July since it seems every carrier is holding back their summer phones to compete with the iPhone on June 29th. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Just make sure your new phone is compatible with our HFL. Here's a link to check in case you haven't already. http://www.acura.com/models/handsfreelink/hfl_home.asp

Oh, don't forget to check out the Acurazine Clubs and Meets thread. We're planning a meet at Lake Lanier on July 1st. Come out if you can. Would love to see that TL-S in person.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mn2trance
Just make sure your new phone is compatible with our HFL. Here's a link to check in case you haven't already. http://www.acura.com/models/handsfreelink/hfl_home.asp
I still need to do some more testing to be sure if it's working or not. Right now I've used it twice and the call went through once.

My phone is on the list. Samsung i730 running Jetware. It also works fine in my wife's 2007 MDX, which is why I assumed I was just missing a setting on the TL.
http://www.handsfreelink.com/findaph...ier=&year=2007

The HFL menu options on the MDX are tenfold what they are on the TL, actually all the menus are. There's definitely more coming for '09 if the MDX is any indication, though the touchscreen Navi is probably on its way out...

Originally Posted by mn2trance
Oh, don't forget to check out the Acurazine Clubs and Meets thread. We're planning a meet at Lake Lanier on July 1st. Come out if you can. Would love to see that TL-S in person.
Sounds like fun, I will check out the thread. My sister is getting married around then, so I may have to shoot for the next meet.