Need advice on rear rattling...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on rear rattling...

HI.

I've the threads that deal with the rattlings of the TL. I just bought mine just last saturday, everything else on the car is fine, but the rattling is annoying me now, espcially when i wanna turn up my music. It only happens on certain music where the bass is more than usual. BUt still, the back shouldnt' rattle like that. I believe it's my subpouffer that's causing the noise, cuz i asked my friend to sit in the back and push down it, it went away.

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this, without having to go to the dealer? Could someone please help me out? I really would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Francis
Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts
I have the SAME exact problem. And I just picked up my brand new TL about 2 weeks ago. I asked on the forum and some people have had some problems with their dealers...

I looked in the garage and there was a topic on how to fix it yourself, but the images that were loaded aren't up anymore, and I can't really follow it. Can anyone explain a fix for this?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Intermediate

I went to the dealership in hamilton, nj. They replaced my speaker no problem. The car still rattles in a lot of other places, but not the speaker.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackTL05
I went to the dealership in hamilton, nj. They replaced my speaker no problem. The car still rattles in a lot of other places, but not the speaker.
You should have provided them dynamat to place back there while they had the speaker out. Not only will that delete the rattles, but it will also give alot cleaner performance.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WOW, I'm getting so PISSED off with all these damn rattles!!! I've been back 11+ plus times to freaking Acura of Lynnwood, and they just don't get it!!! Going to Acura of Bellevue this next 12th time to see if they do a better job...

Rattles in the dashboard, left door panel (somewhere), rear end speakers and sub
Squeaky brakes and brake pedal
Creaky left and right window -> LEAKING WATER
VERY loud clicking tranny from Park to Reverse, or Neutral to Reverse
Car TREMBLES when it's turn on or off from time to time...

anyone else with these same damn problems?!

Nighthawk Black Acura TL w/ Navi auto
Old 05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Intermediate

Yeah I have and still have the very loud click from park to neutral... I never took it to acura 2 get it checked out but yeah it's so damn annoying!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:34 AM
1st Gear

My 06 has the same annoying rattles with only 3000 miles on it. There is another link here that discusses how to fix some of them:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136318

However, you would think that from 2004 until now, Acura could have ironed out these problems. Also, the dealers' service departments should be aware of these "known" rattling issues and be trained how to fix them. We shouldn't have to fix them ourselves. Lastly, these rattles shouldn't be there in a brand new car...Acura reminds me of the company that built my house. Instead of actually fixing the problems, they hope that people will accept them or forget about them, and they'll go away. My 92 Honda Prelude doesn't have this many rattles. Could it be that the TL is built in the US???
Old 06-05-2006, 10:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by erick3
WOW, I'm getting so PISSED off with all these damn rattles!!! I've been back 11+ plus times to freaking Acura of Lynnwood, and they just don't get it!!! Going to Acura of Bellevue this next 12th time to see if they do a better job...

Rattles in the dashboard, left door panel (somewhere), rear end speakers and sub
Squeaky brakes and brake pedal
Creaky left and right window -> LEAKING WATER
VERY loud clicking tranny from Park to Reverse, or Neutral to Reverse
Car TREMBLES when it's turn on or off from time to time...

anyone else with these same damn problems?!

Nighthawk Black Acura TL w/ Navi auto
I have ALL the same problems ... have you gotten any of them resolved through the dealer ... i know people have gotten the sub rattle fixed ... but what about the others?